• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Name me these mystery forwards who were on the pitch at the same time.really interested in your take of 424

Hang on, you said it was the formation that gets us promoted, now its players as well? It's almost like its not actually that simple eh.

As for the games...

Accrington :

Blues’ boss Phil Brown made his intentions for the season clear from the off, with Coulthirst starting wide left and Weston joining Barry Corr in an attacking 4-4-2 formation.

Stevenage (home)

Manager Phil Brown named an unchanged side from last weekend’s victory at Accrington Stanley, once again opting for a 4-2-4 formation.

Wimbledon home
Unsurprisingly, Blues were unchanged from Saturday’s 2-0 win against Stevenage and Phil Brown stuck with the same 4-2-4 formation.

Dont worry, its about the same time you claimed we brought everyone back for corners so not surprised you missed the formations. :smile: (to be honest I had forgotten myself until reminded recently!)

We did get 6 points from those 3, but we only scored 3 goals so just playing 442 doesnt always just open the floodgates.

Name me these mystery forwards who were on the pitch at the same time.really interested in your take of 424

Wingers are often considered as forwards in formations if they are playing an advanced attacking role rather than a traditional wide midfielder.

Wingers are often considered as forwards in formations if they are playing an advanced attacking role rather than a traditional wide midfielder.

Start of season Weston played up front with Corr after doing well in pre-season. He even got a good goal against Stevenage. It was short lived sadly.

Hang on, you said it was the formation that gets us promoted, now its players as well? It's almost like its not actually that simple eh.

As for the games...

Accrington :

Blues’ boss Phil Brown made his intentions for the season clear from the off, with Coulthirst starting wide left and Weston joining Barry Corr in an attacking 4-4-2 formation.

Stevenage (home)

Manager Phil Brown named an unchanged side from last weekend’s victory at Accrington Stanley, once again opting for a 4-2-4 formation.

Wimbledon home
Unsurprisingly, Blues were unchanged from Saturday’s 2-0 win against Stevenage and Phil Brown stuck with the same 4-2-4 formation.

Dont worry, its about the same time you claimed we brought everyone back for corners so not surprised you missed the formations. :smile: (to be honest I had forgotten myself until reminded recently!)

We did get 6 points from those 3, but we only scored 3 goals so just playing 442 doesnt always just open the floodgates.

Shaq likes to play wide,

So the last time we played 2 genuine forwards was ?

Shaq likes to play wide,

So the last time we played 2 genuine forwards was ?

Shaq did play wide. It was Weston and Corr up front.

We started the season and played 4 games with 442 and got one win from them and scored 4 goals. We then changed to 433 and so on.

The point is 442 is not the be all and end all like you claim, football isnt that straight forward.

I hope we stick with it now but it doesn't guarantee anything sadly.

Shaq did play wide. It was Weston and Corr up front.

We started the season and played 4 games with 442 and got one win from them and scored 4 goals. We then changed to 433 and so on.

The point is 442 is not the be all and end all like you claim, football isnt that straight forward.

I hope we stick with it now but it doesnt guarantee anything sadly.

Weston is no way a striker !

Funny how Pig and Cassidy are 2 proper forwards and we suddenly score plenty.

Weston is no way a striker !

Funny how Pig and Cassidy are 2 proper forwards and we suddenly score plenty.

Totallly agree with you, yet you state if we had been playing 442 we would get promoted, yet it actually depends on the players you have so its not that simple eh.

We started playing with 442 and ended up scoring 4 goals in four games, no better than we were doing with 451/4411 etc. which shows its not just the formation that counts.

Totallly agree with you, yet you state if we had been playing 442 we would get promoted, yet it actually depends on the players you have so its not that simple eh.

Brown is the mamager so he should have signed forwards earlier instead of 100 midfielders !

Recap ,I always said play 442 with the forwards available not makeshift wingers.Its easy really.

Brown is the mamager so he should have signed forwards earlier instead of 100 midfielders !

Recap ,I always said play 442 with the forwards available not makeshift wingers.Its easy really.

He should have yes, yet Weston did well in pre-season and scored in his first home game so looked like he might do well. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
The failure to bring any other striker in was certainly something to criticise him for.

So now not just 442 that wins games its also the players you select so already its not quite as straight forward. Then there is form, the teams you play not being Oxford/Portsmouth every week after all.

We will completely ignore the demands that Payne had to play every game and how you were saying we had to build the team around him which would mean not actually being able to play conventional 442 anyway...

Brown did try to sign Elliot Lee and got very unlucky with his injury. It's not like he hasn't tried.

We will completely ignore the demands that Payne had to play every game and how you were saying we had to build the team around him which would mean not actually being able to play conventional 442 anyway...

Yes. Let's. We've beaten two teams in poor form with a 4-4-2, so let's nail our colours to the mast on that one.

your arrogance is amazing. again this is my point, you give no credit to Brown whatsoever for our position. Yes, ideally he would have scored more goals than we had prior to the recent run of games, but again you show no respect for the type of results he oversaw prior to this "easy" 2 men up top change,m Cambridge away on Boxing Day being 1. You have no idea what players behind the scenes he was trying to bring in. In fact you were labelling him clueless again without actually showing much respect for the solid foundation he has laid in respect of us being awfully difficult to beat.

Again like others have said and like I said before, Payne for you was the person we should build our team around and that at times Brown was again clueless for ignoring him. Now, we are winning without Payne for the time being, what does this make Brown - Clueless still or lucky ?

For your other point about me growing up because I asked if you was going to go to Roots Hall on Saturday, trust me, I dont care less whether you attend or not, I asked because in the past you have made such a song and dance about not going to Roots Hall with Brown in charge, I am just interesting to see if you are just a supporter that supports when we are winning ?

Back