• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Playing two teams in terrible form has helped somewhat...

Portsmouth and Oxford have managed 3 wins between them in their last 20 games.

spoilsport

Hey, you can only beat whats put out against us, but lets face it, they are both struggling massively and thats a big factor.

Either way its two wins back to back away from home (1 with 10 players) which gives us confidence going into tougher games, our next away game will be far more challenging so if we can get a win against York we could do with the confidence for that one!

Hey, you can only beat whats put out against us, but lets face it, they are both struggling massively and thats a big factor.

Either way its two wins back to back away from home (1 with 10 players) which gives us confidence going into tougher games, our next away game will be far more challenging so if we can get a win against York we could do with the confidence for that one!
I thought both wins were with 10 men:blush:

If Phil Brown gets us promoted, will all the people on here who hate him continue to do so? Or will u then back him next year as his plan worked!?

I don't think the fans + people on this site actually hate him, As the Bournemouth manager said on BBC today a manager is only good as his teams last 6 results, 1 day linking you with top jobs next you are facing the sack

Playing 442 without Weston in one of the slots is the key for me.

Yes, Yes, Yes! We started the season playing 4-4-2 but abandoned it far to early mainly due to Weston's inadequacies in the role. I'm sure Brown did the same last season too (I think we started with Corr/Eastwood as a front 2), I just hope his overly defensive tendencies don't surface again.

He is operating on a tight budget which means there are limits to who he can bring in.

No. He is operating on one of the most generous budgets afforded a league 2 manager. That's why expectations are high.

Wins are wins and i will take them however they come but I am not going to pat PB on the back for taking half the season to bring in a couple of strikers that we were crying out for. We have won against two woefully out of form teams and not made it especially easy or convincing. Before we get carried away we need to see a few more results.

Wins are wins and i will take them however they come but I am not going to pat PB on the back for taking half the season to bring in a couple of strikers that we were crying out for. We have won against two woefully out of form teams and not made it especially easy or convincing. Before we get carried away we need to see a few more results.

Yawn,yawn, yawn anybody got something positive to say.

I thought both wins were with 10 men:blush:

Well thats true, but can hardly count today when the game was already won, and the opposition finished with 10 also....

The Oxford game was a bigger achievement as we actually played with 10 most of the game (which also dismisses 442 as being the reason seeing as we scored 2 of the three goals when not playing that formation!)

Whilst thats very true we are sitting 5th after 26 games.

We have been in the play offs pretty much all season, we shouldnt get carried away and think we are going to win the league now after two wins against two poor form sides, but we are in a decent position still.

Last season we were in a much poorer place form wise before beating Oxford, who were a manager-less team in terrible form, yet it gave us the lift we needed to go on a good run.

Lets hope we can push on from here.

Yawn,yawn, yawn anybody got something positive to say.

Heres a few.

5th in the table, and consistently have been in the play offs all season.

3rd in the form table over the last 6 games , and 4th in the table over the last 10.

Been saying for a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time,we play 442 and we will get promoted..that is all.

Been saying for a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time,we play 442 and we will get promoted..that is all.

So we have lost 1 in 8 because of you then ? Also, you wanted Brown out, you also said that Payne and Williams needed to be the front 2. Can you and others maybe give some credit to Brown when its deserved as opposed to taking the credit from your key board.

Assuming now we are winning and scoring goals that you will be at Roots Hall next week. We are so lucky for your "as and when suits me " support

So we have lost 1 in 8 because of you then ? Also, you wanted Brown out, you also said that Payne and Williams needed to be the front 2. Can you and others maybe give some credit to Brown when its deserved as opposed to taking the credit from your key board.

Assuming now we are winning and scoring goals that you will be at Roots Hall next week. We are so lucky for your "as and when suits me " support

Haha,

Stop taking it so seriously.

Brown Imo has been lacking in ideas and hopefully he has seen the light?

Whether I go or not will not effect your life so grow up a little!

So what is the budget then out of interest

No idea. But you only have to look at the size and quality of the squad compared to others, plus our ability to add to it when required, to see that we're far better off than most.

Youve also been say saying 352, Payne and Williams would get us promoted as well.

442 so far has won us one game recently, yesterday against Portsmouth. Against Oxford we were 1-1 playing it.

Haha,

Stop taking it so seriously.

Brown Imo has been lacking in ideas and hopefully he has seen the light?

Whether I go or not will not effect your life so grow up a little!

Id love it if football was so simple that you play 442 and get promoted, but we started the season playing it and lost to the likes of Wimbledon at home so its not a magic wand.

That said its certainly the formation that suits our current players even if it means Payne misses out.

I do love how you say Brown lacks ideas, the guy who has tried about 6 formations and the solution is apparently just to play the most basic formation you can get 442. Sounds like if he had less ideas we would be better off.

Youve also been say saying 352, Payne and Williams would get us promoted as well.

442 so far has won us one game recently, yesterday against Portsmouth. Against Oxford we were 1-1 playing it.

Id love it if football was so simple that you play 442 and get promoted, but we started the season playing it and lost to the likes of Wimbledon at home so its not a magic wand.

That said its certainly the formation that suits our current players even if it means Payne misses out.

I do love how you say Brown lacks ideas, the guy who has tried about 6 formations and the solution is apparently just to play the most basic formation you can get 442. Sounds like if he had less ideas we would be better off.

I have actually said try 352 to accommodate JP in the hole,I have maintained 442 is the only way ,true we will concede but will score far more.

At home we have been awful and he has played 451 in every game I have seen hence why we rarely score.You constantly state he has tried 442 which I have not seen any evidence of this but even if true the players used were not up to it.

I have actually said try 352 to accommodate JP in the hole,I have maintained 442 is the only way ,true we will concede but will score far more.

At home we have been awful and he has played 451 in every game I have seen hence why we rarely score.You constantly state he has tried 442 which I have not seen any evidence of this but even if true the players used were not up to it.

We started playing the season playing it, including Stevenage and Wimbledon.

Im pleased he has taken your advice though, Im sure with 442 we will rocket to the top of the table now.

We started playing 442/424 at the beginning of the season.

Im pleased he has taken your advice though, Im sure with 442 we will rocket to the top of the table.

Name me these mystery forwards who were on the pitch at the same time.really interested in your take of 424

Back