• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

still waiting for him to do it

You think I don't have better things to do with my time than look for near 2 year old tweets?

If if you weren't a user who'd only been here a month you'd know I've never wanted/liked Brown

You think I don't have better things to do with my time than look for near 2 year old tweets?

If if you weren't a user who'd only been here a month you'd know I've never wanted/liked Brown

from that month I have picked up that you think you are a bit of a richard.

It proves nothing but if it is right then PB is one of the last to address it. The personnel are his choice and high time he worked out it needed altering.
As I have stated before PB wanted to make these changes in the summer, as it is the best time to go shopping in the football world. Credit to RM, if he had let PB bring in a quality striker and the centre back he wanted we would have lost him to a championship side.

When he first arrived I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I'm afraid subsequently he has proved to be a disappointment. If, and it's still a big if, we get promoted this season, then I feel it is a season later than necessary and he just appears to me to be a bloke that sticks so resolutely to his own game plan that necessary change is too slow in coming. Doing what you believe in is one thing but when, over a sustained period everything points to the contrary, it goes from determined to obstinate.

I agree with quite a bit of that. As another poster said we do not know the size of any continued financial problems or behind the scenes hurdles that may have hampered some of the management teams efforts to improve things.

And a further poster said they haven't warmed to Phil Brown - that about sums it up for me. He (Brown) seems like a nice enough person. Perhaps it is just that the style of football (overall) recently has left me feeling a bit "non-plussed".

Still he (and the team) have my full support at 3:00 p.m. ........ even if my shoulders are slumping a little at 4:40 p.m. :unsure:

I agree with quite a bit of that. As another poster said we do not know the size of any continued financial problems or behind the scenes hurdles that may have hampered some of the management teams efforts to improve things.

And a further poster said they haven't warmed to Phil Brown - that about sums it up for me. He (Brown) seems like a nice enough person. Perhaps it is just that the style of football (overall) recently has left me feeling a bit "non-plussed".

Still he (and the team) have my full support at 3:00 p.m. ........ even if my shoulders are slumping a little at 4:40 p.m. :unsure:

Can't argue with that.

what a joke, this is exactly what i was talking about with mods being to strict and reacting to quickly

We do not tolerate abuse or insulting behaviour, if you call people names we will act on it.

You can easily debate without resorting to abuse, please do so.

WHen he was first appointed i thought it was a good signing ,a manager with premiership experience etc etc , but now ive really gone off him,and i dont think he will bring promotion,too defensive in his outlook,sorry just think hes too ultra cautious to win us promotion.BROWN out!

WHen he was first appointed i thought it was a good signing ,a manager with premiership experience etc etc , but now ive really gone off him,and i dont think he will bring promotion,too defensive in his outlook,sorry just think hes too ultra cautious to win us promotion.BROWN out!

So ultra cautious and defensive that in the last 7 days he has brought in 2 strikers and is still looking into the possibility of adding another (Elliot Lee) ...

So Ultra cautious we have more shots than our opponents and have conceded more goals than all the teams in the play offs.

Still he brought in a defender so he must be defensive :smile:

To be fair its great he is bringing these attacking players in, but he really should have done this earlier.

So Ultra cautious we have more shots than our opponents and have conceded more goals than all the teams in the play offs.

Still he brought in a defender so he must be defensive :smile:

To be fair its great he is bringing these attacking players in, but he really should have done this earlier.

He did try with Elliot Lee though. In a parallel universe, where he didn't get injured in his first training session, we are top of the league with Corr and Lee up front on 10 each .... with mrsblue telling us to release Jason Williams and that Brown is the messiah :winking:

Back