• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ooh-andy-ansah

Director
£22 in advance £24 on the day, jesus, I often drive past the place, not exactly Old Trafford, seems expensive for such a small club.

Average gates of 2,400 and they charge that, best go back down, best place for a club like stevenage:smile:

FYI there are loads of places to eat very close to the ground if you're happy with Burger King, McDonalds, KFC etc. so no need to rely on dodgy pies. Massive Tesco within walking distance too.

FYI there are loads of places to eat very close to the ground if you're happy with Burger King, McDonalds, KFC etc. so no need to rely on dodgy pies. Massive Tesco within walking distance too.
Probably explains the ticket prices.

They need to inflate as they don't get the add on food sales.

£22 in advance £24 on the day, jesus, I often drive past the place, not exactly Old Trafford, seems expensive for such a small club.

Old Trafford it may not be, but the accommodation and sight lines offered to away supporters is far, far better than we offer our visitors - probably, even at £3 more, better value.

Old Trafford it may not be, but the accommodation and sight lines offered to away supporters is far, far better than we offer our visitors - probably, even at £3 more, better value.

Agreed Mick,

The view is superb especially the back row.

how much do they charge home fans? any discount for away fans OAP's, students?

Adults - £22
Concessions (60+, Students and members of the Armed Force/Emergency Service – proof of these is required when buying).
Under-22 - £14
Under-16 - £10
Under-12 - £8
Family of three (one adult and two under-16s) - £35
Family of four (two adults and two under-16s) - £50

Family prices only in advance, the others all up by £2 on the day

Adults - £22
Concessions (60+, Students and members of the Armed Force/Emergency Service – proof of these is required when buying).
Under-22 - £14
Under-16 - £10
Under-12 - £8
Family of three (one adult and two under-16s) - £35
Family of four (two adults and two under-16s) - £50

Family prices only in advance, the others all up by £2 on the day

Forces discount?? i swear Southend are the only club that dont do this!!!!!

without wanting to open a can of worms, why should people get discounts depending on what job they choose to do? equally, these days with the retirement/pension age at 65, why on earth should someone at 60 be getting a discount when you take into account that the vast majority earn more money as they get older?

*runs for cover*

Glad that the subject of Stevenage has come up as this is a ground I have not been to and I was looking this morning at potential travel options.

I would prefer the train so does anyone know how far away the ground is and how easy or difficult it is to get there from the station?

FYI there are loads of dodgy places to eat very close to the ground if you're happy with the mush served up by Burger King, McDonalds, KFC etc.

According to Andy Ansah, there are no decent places to eat near the ground so it would be great to know any good pubs in the vicinity as well.

without wanting to open a can of worms, why should people get discounts depending on what job they choose to do? equally, these days with the retirement/pension age at 65, why on earth should someone at 60 be getting a discount when you take into account that the vast majority earn more money as they get older?

*runs for cover*

As someone who is over 60 I am very grateful for reduced prices (of which Southend are one of the best) and I am still working (sort of) but it is a time when you always have retirement in mind and whatever you have at retirement has to last you a long time hopefully, so every little helps.

OR

After watching 50 years of DROSS I feel we deserve a discount!

As someone who is over 60 I am very grateful for reduced prices (of which Southend are one of the best) and I am still working (sort of) but it is a time when you always have retirement in mind and whatever you have at retirement has to last you a long time hopefully, so every little helps.

OR

After watching 50 years of DROSS I feel we deserve a discount!

Totally agree DODTS.:thumbsup:

Glad that the subject of Stevenage has come up as this is a ground I have not been to and I was looking this morning at potential travel options.

I would prefer the train so does anyone know how far away the ground is and how easy or difficult it is to get there from the station?

According to Andy Ansah, there are no decent places to eat near the ground so it would be great to know any good pubs in the vicinity as well.

Check out the Away Travel Forum for this: http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?84105-STEVENAGE-by-Train-Saturday-21st-February-2015

The following is an extract from the thread Stevenage by Train while nearer the time there will be a Stevenage where to Drink (and eat) forum.

the following is from the excellent footballgroundguide site:
Stevenage Railway Station is about one mile away from the ground. Leave the station booking hall and turn left towards the town. Take the stairs on the right before the bridge over the dual carriage way and head along the A602, Lytton Way. At the roundabout which has the police station on the right, take the second exit into Six Hills Way. At the next roundabout take the third exit (South) continuing along the A602, Monkswood Way, passing a large Asda store on your right. After about 3/4 mile (McDonalds/Burger King etc will be on your right) you will arrive at a roundabout and the ground will be opposite you on the other side of the A602.

You can also get the Arriva No.5 Bus to the ground, from Stop E at the nearby bus station. The ten minute journey costs £1.50 single, or £2.30 return. As the ground is not easily spotted in the distance, ask the driver to drop you off on Monkswood Way, opposite the entrance to the retail park

Last edited:
Back