• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hasn't been in the squad for the last 10 games although I think he has a knee injury. Even if he hasn't then I doubt he'd come back.

Do you base this on:
A) Not wanting to ever come back to SUFC because of what happened when he was here
or
B) Believing (rightly so) that our current level of league 2 is well below his capabilities

If it is A, I am fairly sure that wouldn't be the case. Having spoken to Franck a few times since he has left, he has a lot of affection for SUFC, and I'm sure wouldn't be against playing for us again.

If it is B, then I agree with you. I think we would need to be in the Championship, or fighting from promotion in League 1 at least to offer him something

I know - he put on his size 13 Dr Martens and trampled straight through my flower bed of dreams ........
Sad%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

.... and took a dump of pessimism right in the middle!

Do you base this on:
A) Not wanting to ever come back to SUFC because of what happened when he was here
or
B) Believing (rightly so) that our current level of league 2 is well below his capabilities

If it is A, I am fairly sure that wouldn't be the case. Having spoken to Franck a few times since he has left, he has a lot of affection for SUFC, and I'm sure wouldn't be against playing for us again.

If it is B, then I agree with you. I think we would need to be in the Championship, or fighting from promotion in League 1 at least to offer him something

Firmly believe it is B. To say I'd be over the moon if he returned would be an understatement, but can't see it happening while we are in League 2 or while he is at a decent Championship club.

To sell papers ...........

Hash tag: Shotinthedark

You were right Rattus....all fur coat and no Knickers from CB and Brown.....................

'Southend United Manager Phil Brown has confirmed he is still interested in signing West Ham striker Elliot Lee. But the Shrimpers boss does not feel the forward is ready to return to action etc...........'

WOW, news worth waiting for!!

You were right Rattus....all fur coat and no Knickers from CB and Brown.....................

'Southend United Manager Phil Brown has confirmed he is still interested in signing West Ham striker Elliot Lee. But the Shrimpers boss does not feel the forward is ready to return to action etc...........'

WOW, news worth waiting for!!

To be fair he didn't exactly hype up the story, just said they had spoken about the subject and it will be in tomorrow's (today's) paper. Pretty much all football related news items are non stories, I don't think the echo are doing anything out of the ordinary here.

To be fair he didn't exactly hype up the story, just said they had spoken about the subject and it will be in tomorrow's (today's) paper. Pretty much all football related news items are non stories, I don't think the echo are doing anything out of the ordinary here.

True, but it would be nice for it to be new news for once.

We have to sign Lee, he is much better than other other forward we have. In the WHU development squad and in pre season he basically is a natural finisher and goal scorer.

If we don't sign him, we know that he'll fire Luton/Wycombe to promotion and I fear that probably at our expense!!!

Hope we can grab Elliot Lee and extend Pigot loan. Transfer deadline day nears so we will know soon enough. If we had Pigot, Lee and Cassidy this would drop Barny to 6th in line to the throne, maybe he wouldn't be to keen on that and would want to head orf, no bad thing in my book!

Hope we can grab Elliot Lee and extend Pigot loan. Transfer deadline day nears so we will know soon enough. If we had Pigot, Lee and Cassidy this would drop Barny to 6th in line to the throne, maybe he wouldn't be to keen on that and would want to head orf, no bad thing in my book!

Lee did not play for West Ham U21s last night. Probably consistent with Brown saying he wasn't fully fit yet and had some reaction to playing after his injury lay off?

I reckon any loan would be right at the end of the Transfer window or perhaps when the loan window re-opens.

I think Lee (if / when fit) would be a significant addition for any club at this level. Almost worth really pursuing him to make sure he doesn't go to Luton, Wycombe or Burton who are all expressing interest now also.

On the bench for West Ham's game against Man United today!

they are pretty short at the moment. they even have a 16 year old school boy on the bench.

Back