• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tranmere have conceded 9 less goals than Accrington and we didnt put 3 or 4 past them plus Tranmere are fighting for their lives.

Hard one to judge, we arent great at breaking teams down at home, but as said above Tranmere need points to survive so will they try to win or just park the bus and hope to nick something?

Get worral back in the starting 11 in place of new loanee.
and pig up top again....best 11...smash into em
Why? The new loanee was one of the stand out players against Hartlepool. There's no point dropping players who play well for the sake of it. If anything Timlin should be dropped for worrall and Atkinson pushed into the centre.

Why? The new loanee was one of the stand out players against Hartlepool. There's no point dropping players who play well for the sake of it. If anything Timlin should be dropped for worrall and Atkinson pushed into the centre.

Can't drop Timlin, him and Corr have been our best players recently. Stick with the line-up as it is.

BENTLEY ; WHITE,BOLGER,BARRETT,COKER;ATKINSON,LEONARD,TIMLIN,MCLAUGHLIN;CORR,CASSIDY

DEFINITELY start with Cassidy up front. He banged in 17 goals for Tranmere whilst on loan there so they will be scared of him. I know we havent seen the best of him yet , here is a prime time to make that happen against his former club. The Pig needs a break + is a very decent sub to come on if needed.

Also a word for Bolger. Give the lad every encouragement to build his confidence... He knows he's been poor since signing but everyone can see that theres a real player inside once he's settled here. I made a big point on Good Friday of emphatically loudly clapping every header/ tackle / pass he made to help encourage "The Bolge" & to be fair i seemed to be clapping quite a lot so he must be improving !!!!

2-0 win , Corr & Cassidy . . . . Timlin man of match.

Nice early goal like against Mansfield .Tranmere wont be parking the bus then .They will have to attack hopefully leaving them open at the back .

Majority of fans here worrying we won't be a team 23rd in the league at home. That says everything really and defines why we won't get promoted this season. Simply not playing well enough to beat teams comfortably and relying on dogged defensive resilience and nicking the odd goal or two.

Majority of fans here worrying we won't be a team 23rd in the league at home. That says everything really and defines why we won't get promoted this season. Simply not playing well enough to beat teams comfortably and relying on dogged defensive resilience and nicking the odd goal or two.

Agreed.

The PO is now virtually nailed on so Phil could attack Rovers with intent as they will be very nervous of dropping not only into non league but facing oblivion too.

Liked the look of Macca and I think he will be excellent in his time here,so he starts in my mind with Corr and Piggy cashing in on Macca's service.Lenny needs to sit this one out and I would Defo put JW on the bench in front of the misfiring Cassidy.

Time to finally take a few risks as others have mentioned. We have nothing to lose, the play-off spot looks relatively secure now and we won't get automatics so we may as well take it to Tranmere as they haven't kept a clean sheet for 15 games.

Quite. They are on their knees, we are going for promotion, let's take it to them and show why there are 18 places between us.

Or does it say more about the mentality of the fans?

Against the bottom 6 teams we have won 10 and drawn 1 scoring 18 times. Compare that to our 2011/12 season and we won 9 and drew 3. When we last won promotion from this division, we won 8 and drew 4.

I can't agree that we are just "nicking the odd goal" and put the results down to simply not killing off the opponent. Against the poor teams we get away with it, but when you look at the results against the top teams we don't. We lead Wycombe 3 times (1-0 at their place, 1-0 & 2-1 at ours), lead Burton 1-0 at their place, lead Bury 1-0 at our place and 1-0 up at Shrewsbury.

The reason we won't go up is because we don't kill teams off.

3-1 to us. Tranmere will likely score one on the break but we will be too strong for them. Cassidy should start, they will be wary of him given his record whilst with them. Can Will score for the third match in succession?

Some want Cassidy to start which is baffling.

Since 24th November 2012 Jake has made 73 league appearances netting 4 goals with 2 of those scored in the same match.
His last goal was 30th September 2014.
He has had 12 appearances for us and scored 0.

Some of you want to break up the Corr/Piggy combination for a guy who cannot score !

I don't understand.

Some want Cassidy to start which is baffling.

Since 24th November 2012 Jake has made 73 league appearances netting 4 goals with 2 of those scored in the same match.
His last goal was 30th September 2014.
He has had 12 appearances for us and scored 0.

Some of you want to break up the Corr/Piggy combination for a guy who cannot score !

I don't understand.
Were you at Hartlepool? If you were i'm baffled as to how you can want Cassidy dropped. Cassidy was brilliant, he created so much space for Corr and the wingers and he showed real pace and really threatened their relatively strong defence. There is no way he deserves to be dropped.

You admit yourself you rarely come to games because you don't like Brown. So how you can be so certain on who should be starting because of some stats i have no idea.

Were you at Hartlepool? If you were i'm baffled as to how you can want Cassidy dropped. Cassidy was brilliant, he created so much space for Corr and the wingers and he showed real pace and really threatened their relatively strong defence. There is no way he deserves to be dropped.

You admit yourself you rarely come to games because you don't like Brown. So how you can be so certain on who should be starting because of some stats i have no idea.

Play the the guys in scoring form !

Simple basics of winning games.Cassidy may of been brilliant at Pools in his cameo yet that performance surely cannot mean Pig or Corr benched.Piggy has scored more than Cassidy in his short time here than Cassidy scored in the last 2 and half years.

Simple basics of winning games.Cassidy may of been brilliant at Pools in his cameo yet that performance surely cannot mean Pig or Corr benched.Piggy has scored more than Cassidy in his short time here than Cassidy scored in the last 2 and half years.

If Cassidy is making space for others , and helping creating opportunities for the team , then he may have a place .....

Its the team strategy that needs to be correct ....

It's not about Cassidy's goalscoring, it's about his pace and the space he creates for BBBC.......

mrsblue said:

What, 1 goal in 7 games you mean...

Back