• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I wrote on the pre-match thread,
"And he'll ( Deegan), be useful in shutting down that young lad, Harley, at Exeter next weekend...he ticks, they tick"........still stands.................... although my gut feeling is that Lennie will return next weekend, and not be brought back on Tuesday

Spoke to a guy at work this morning who went to watch Southend with some mates on Saturday. I asked him what he thought and his words were 'That number 22, the guy with the beard was your stand out player. Good passing, team enforcer, works very hard'

Caught Micky Adams on the Football League Show.

Came out with the usual "They had one shot and scored" .. "We had loads of chances and deserved something" .. No wonder his team are going down. He should watch the game a bit more closely.

Caught Micky Adams on the Football League Show.

Came out with the usual "They had one shot and scored" .. "We had loads of chances and deserved something" .. No wonder his team are going down. He should watch the game a bit more closely.
he was on drugs watching that game then, much like the rest that thought deegan was only worth a 6 out of 10 :nope:

What was it with Micky Adams saying Phil Brown was talking bollocks when he said they didnt have a man covering their front post when Corr scored. Brown was right, I looked at the goal again and they didn't have anyone covering the post. Think Adams needs to check things out or be a bit organised before he says managers are talking bollocks. Made himself look very foolish.

What was it with Micky Adams saying Phil Brown was talking bollocks when he said they didnt have a man covering their front post when Corr scored. Brown was right, I looked at the goal again and they didn't have anyone covering the post. Think Adams needs to check things out or be a bit organised before he says managers are talking bollocks. Made himself look very foolish.

I'll have to check but I don't think they had a man on the back post either. In farness to Adams that's the last two areas anyone would expect a Southend corner to end up.

The system was attack minded but the players selected do not have enough goals in them. For example, why isn't Payne selected, an attacking midfielder who makes runs into the box and scores more goals than yesterday's midfield put together.

Where would you select Payne in a 4-4-2? For me it just doesn't work.

Spoke to a guy at work this morning who went to watch Southend with some mates on Saturday. I asked him what he thought and his words were 'That number 22, the guy with the beard was your stand out player. Good passing, team enforcer, works very hard'

Exactly my thoughts, but I only get to 3 or 4 games a year at RH. I'll bow to the superior knowledge of the SZ experts who didn't rate him MOM.

Where would you select Payne in a 4-4-2? For me it just doesn't work.

Why doesn't it work. As long as you have a sitting player and three midfielders in front of him, I see no reason why Payne cannot be one of those three. Then again you see the games, I don't, so im sure you could come up with a reason why it would not work.

So - a mid 4 of Deegan; Worral, Hurst; Payne. Hmmm...I'd try it.

I wouldn't. We are far too near the finishing post of either autos or play-offs to tinker. With the exception probably of Corr, start with those who have been getting the points recently.

I concede that point at this time in the season.. If it turns out we are I the play offs with no chance of the auto's, might be worth a go then.

I concede that point at this time in the season.. If it turns out we are I the play offs with no chance of the auto's, might be worth a go then.

Maybe.....don't get me wrong, I love watching the little man when he is doing his stuff and damaging sides. Trouble is that I haven't seen a lot of the stuff that gets us off our seats recently. I think all this promotion business and the tension that goes with it is maybe a season too early for him.

Rumour is - Payne has signed an agreement to join Reading.
If that's the case then a big chunk of dosh is coming our way eh, maybe if a player like Payne is not getting game time then the time is right to sell and we get a bit to spend at the start of next season:smile:

Rumour is - Payne has signed an agreement to join Reading.

I know rumours on SZ tend to morph into undeniable truth incredibly quickly, but maybe we might want to wait for more substantial news before getting excited/depressed (delete as appropriate).

Back