• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'll be happy if there are still pies available come half-time.

It must be really difficult to know how many to order. Yes, it could be a bigger crowd - but what percentage will be interested in pies and of what variety? Will nerves play a part and leave the pie ovens heaving with unwanted goods?

Any information on the pie front would be gratefully received.

I personally think that if there is a positive result, either way tomorrow, that team will automatically go up.

Hopefully it will be us, but I would rather take Wycombe in the play offs than Bury.

Have the local Constabulary got any friendlier since we won promotion there with THAT goal? I recall that they were more trouble than the home fans! UTB

Has the club thought to invite Benjy along to join the fans in the away end? Would be great to have him there....

Actually, great idea. I'll just give him a quick call :-

* ring, ring ... ring, ring ... ring, ring ... *

Benji : "Hello"
Me : "Hello, is that Ian Benjamin. You know, Benji?"
Benji : "What time do you call this?"
Me : "Ah yes, sorry about that, but it's quite urgent"
Benji : "It better be, I was late to bed last night, watching old Masterchef re-runs. Anyway, who is this?"
Me : "It's someone from Shrimperzone"
Benji : "Shrimperzone? Is that some sort of fishing mega-store. If it is, I don't like fishing. Bores the pants off me. You know, all that sitting around.."
Me : "Yes, yes, well it's not a fishing shop, it's to do with Southend United"
Benji : "Oh, Southend United .. I used to play for them once, you know"
Me : "Yes, yes, we know"
Benji : "Yep, scored a goal once that I think they still remember. Was against Burnley, I think"
Me : " Bury, actually .. Yes, well it's about that goal"
Benji : "Bury? .. I'm sure it was Burnley .. Or was it Barnsley .. My memory is not so good these days"
Me : "Definitely, Bury!"
Benji : "Ah, it's coming back to me now. .. Think it was Andy ... Can't quite remember his name ... down the right I think, he kind of crossed it and it came to me ..."
Me : "Yes, we know what happened ... Anyway, look, I guess you know we are playing Bury tonight?"
Benji : "Are you. Which league are you in these days?"
Me : "Look, it's quite important and, well, we'd like you to come along and join us"
Benji : "What at Bury?"
Me : "yes"
Benji : "Tonight?"
Me : "yes"
Benji : "In Bury?"
Me : "YES!!"
Benji : "Can I have a think about it and let you know?"
Me : "Well, we haven't really got much time"
Benji : "Look, I don't think I can make it"

* Voice in background * ..

"Who is it darling?" ..
"It's some bloke from SkimpyTone or somewhere. Wants me to go to Burnley tonight!" ..
"Tonight!! .. Burnley!!!. Tell him you can't. We've got to watch 'Biggest Loser USA' don't forget"

Benji : "Look I really can't"
Me : "It's free to get in"
Benji : "Free!! What is it a friendly or something?"
Me : "No, it's quite an important match"
Benji : "No, I really can't"
Me : "There's pies, as well"
Benji : "How many?"
Me : "Plenty, I hear"
Benji : "Tempting .. thanks, but, er, erm, no thanks"
Me : "Hey, no worries. I better let you get on"
Benji : "...anyway, we'd had Pat Cummins sent off and it was 0-0 at the time .. I turned and shot and I didn't quite catch it perfectly ..."
Me : "Thank you, Benji"
Benji : "No, wait .. The ball kind of rolled and next thing .."
Benji : "hello, hello!!"

* "I think he's hung up, darling" ..
"Well, you weren't going on about that goal again were you? I told you to stop doing that!" *

Last edited:
We haven't beaten Bury in the league since 2005. Mind you, we've only lost once, all the other matches being draws. Time to get that first win for a decade. And our record versus Bury is miles better than our record against Morecambe.......... oh, wait a minute......who do we play in our last game?

Safe journey to yourselves and your team tonight.If we get a positive result tonight (and ultimately go up) i will be rooting for you guys in the play offs.

Edit.Forgot your team stayed overnight.

Safe journey to yourselves and your team tonight.If we get a positive result tonight (and ultimately go up) i will be rooting for you guys in the play offs.

Stop posting on here and get the PIES sorted out!
Beejezzus what is it with you northern persons.:omg:

In honesty,i would not buy a pie.warm and soggy and some from the previous games etc.Catering is out of our hands as we sublet to Lindlays.Believe their contract is up at end of season and the club as had many complaints about the lack of quality they dish up.Think they will lose the contract.Best bet is the big chippy in town centre before the game.

In honesty,i would not buy a pie.warm and soggy and some from the previous games etc.Catering is out of our hands as we sublet to Lindlays.Believe their contract is up at end of season and the club as had many complaints about the lack of quality they dish up.Think they will lose the contract.Best bet is the big chippy in town centre before the game.

Good g*d, man! It's a bit late now. Some people have taken the day off and left already!:omg:

I can get a message to the coach driver and I think he'll have to turn back.

Dont know what its like down your way but the sun is shining here and very warm already.Think i picked the right week to holiday from work.

The son and I have bit the bullet and have decided we are going. Just the small matter of persuading her indoors to walk to slimming world without the car as I need it more than her (and she could do with the walk anyway!!!). Wish me luck!

Well, we're going but it's cost me a pedicure and a facial (snigger snigger).

Lets hope your nearest and dearest (Orient) stuff Dale tonight eh? Well,from your perspective,maybe not.

Its terrible with the Dale fans.They have actually only been in a higher position than us 7 times in their history but to hear them you would not think it.They are like the annoying litle brother who you cant shake off.They seem to forget they would have been long gone had we not kept voting for them during the dark days of re-election.

Back