• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dont know what its like down your way but the sun is shining here and very warm already.Think i picked the right week to holiday from work.

Sounds great, but what about that pitch?

Don't forget, we play like Barcelona, so we want it to be flat and to our liking.

Pitch looks ok on the pics.Be better next season though when we get the new one.Cant start it until after the BL9 weekender in June though.Could have done with not having the weekender really.

Maybe the monsoon rain disguised Gigg Lane first time around. The pies seemed good. Now we get the truth; the pies are old stock, the "pitch" is fit for rugby league only, the police are unpleasant, it helps to get in if you have a facial and wear make up. Is there anything good about Bury other than the signs saying when you leave it and arrive in it's better neighbour ROACHDALE!!!!!

You may have been a lucky one and got a fresh pie.But its a fact that they do keep the unsold pies for the next game(s).Imagine,re heated pies maybe twice over.

I'm liking 'Krambo' but maybe this is all a masterplan.

Send us lot into town to the chippy and nick all our seats.

Pitch looks ok on the pics.Be better next season though when we get the new one.Cant start it until after the BL9 weekender in June though.Could have done with not having the weekender really.

Sounds better than for the first game, that's for sure and I think It'll be a great evening for everyone who can make it.

It's what you watch all those dull old games in November for. A night like tonight.

I won 2-0 at Bury on championship manager 01/02 last night with the April 2015 database. Jack Payne off the bench to score both. That's my prediction for tonight too based on a crazy computer game lol

Just to give the players some inspiration for tonight. We know some of them look on here all the time.

'' Benjamin, Benjamin with a shimmy, a shot, OH MY WORD, IT'S THERE.''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s94LR_50iGU

One of the interesting comparisons with the modern game is after Pat Scully's, let's face it, horrendous challenge, not a single Bury player surrounded the ref waving an imaginary red card around.

Also, forgot old Christian Hyslop played in that game.

great day out at Bury....remember after the final whistle a couple of silly Bury supporters who wnated to come on to the pitch and walk down to our fans giving it the large one

I also loved the draw at Swansea a few years ago not that was fun 2-2 with the Monkey hangers doing us a favour with a draw at Brentford........and the game at Peterbourgh when we won 2-1, great days out great fans

The other thing is, what was the ref actually saying to Pat for all that time before sending him off?

.......and the game at Peterbourgh when we won 2-1, great days out great fans

That day, I just remember they scored near the end and our goal was under siege and everyone looked completely f**ked.

Can you imagine listening to that one on the radio!

Shall I trundle the old favourite of mine when I wrote my car off on the way up to Bury 91? That out of all of the promotion games has to be the best of the lot. I was on the angle for the shot into the corner as well. It seemed to happen in slow motion. As soon as he shot I thought it was in. When it went in I have NEVER experienced a moment like it, or at least for a few minutes until that final whistle.

Tonight doesn't come close as nothing is resolved just as nothing would have been resolved 24 years ago. But the occasion is just as important given our recent history on and off the field. Fail to win and play offs realistically beckon. Win and the dream lives on. Sadly I have Bury down as mentally strong enough to overcome a defeat tonight. Nothing less than 3 wins will be good enough I think.

Gear box went on our car, and we left it there and Bolton Shrimper got it fixed for us!! We are both on the pitch at the end on a momentous day!��. Got a lift home from Perry ( still haven't given him any petrol money) can't be there tonight as am in Tenerife , but wishing the boys all the best and gutted not to be there

I reckon the fact that they with have a load of free-loaders there tonight will work against them. It seems to happen to everyone that whenever theres a larger than normal crowd the players seem to get nervous, especially considering the extra fans there might not even be bury fans but just locals taking advantage of a free footy game.

Really hoping this makes them nervous and works in our favour. Come on blues, you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That day, I just remember they scored near the end and our goal was under siege and everyone looked completely f**ked.

Can you imagine listening to that one on the radio!

They didn't score near the end. The scored right at the beginning of the 2nd half, and then laid siege.

Back