• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I speak to his cousin regular and he says never say never.I do know all his family live in Manchester (Harpurhay area) and it is no secret his missus wants to return north to her family.

We have had that with a few northerners in recent years...Peter Clark and Cresswell spring to mind. Missing home oop north.

If it had not been for Blackwell,he would still be where he belongs.That guy totally wrecked our club.

Can't explain my utter admiration for the man. An absolute tragedy, but him scoring tonight was almost like it was meant to be. Hope Noah enjoyed that one as much as we all did. Rest in Peace Noah and a huge hats off to David - what a top bloke.

Agree with what's been said, a minutes applause might be very off putting and too emotional for him in the middle of a game. I wouldn't really risk it. Let him concentrate on the job in hand once he crosses that white line. I would however, be more than happy to contribute to a collection to send David and his girlfriend a nice big bunch of flowers offering condolences from their SUFC family, with any surplus going to a charity of their choice.

Would be a great gesture if we could arrange it?

Wow. Only just got the chance to check the result.
Reading PB's post match words on the official site....
From delight (the result), to disappointment (I was thinking of Worrall first scorer for the PL) to utter despair, within seconds.
That poor bloke and family. My heart goes out to them.
Total admiration.
If anyone deserves promotion it's that guy... Shocked. Puts it all into perspective.
I sent Billy Sharp a letter a few years back when he was at Doncaster Rovers and surprisingly got a reply, though that wasn't my intention of course.
Will do the same for this bloke.

Lads I think all your hearts are in the right places but I think a minutes applause is a bad idea.

Just let the lad play his football and try and get his life back to normal.

What a tragic loss, I can't imagine anything worse. My condolences to his family.

If it had not been for Blackwell,he would still be where he belongs.That guy totally wrecked our club.

Do rumours and comments about him returning to Bury really need to be brought up now... Let the season finish, and people deal with what happened, before saying he will come back....

Not the time for it.

Unbelievably strong character - I have no idea how he's able to function, let alone play and score such a crucial goal.

A terrible tragedy for David, his girlfriend and their families.

I wish them well.

The goal was special and David Worrall has cemented his place in the hearts of Shrimpers. I believe that is enough.

Incredible bravery and character from Worrall, the best wishes of Shrimpers everywhere go with him.

On the question of a minutes applause, absolutely not, let the chap grieve in peace. If people want to show support I'm sure a donation to a premature baby charity in his name would be much more appreciated, and appropriate.

Unbelievably strong character - I have no idea how he's able to function, let alone play and score such a crucial goal.

Because it's often easier to shut things out and concentrate on what is normal. Anyone who has suffered a bereavement will identify with that.

I have to echo what others have said, that a minute's applause is not a great idea. I would suggest that, at an appropriate time, the whole ground could pick up on a lead from TBV to sing the "who put the ball in" chant. I also think a collection for flowers and the excess to a charity of his choice would be an appropriate and genuine response from the members of the Zone.

RIP baby Noah, sincere condolences to David and his lady.

Thats a much better option OBL.

Just give him appreciation for what was a vital goal and show he has our support without a specific reference to his personal tragedy.

My own view : Saturday is not the time or the place to do anything.

When DW comes out onto the pitch for the warm-up or is leaving the pitch at the end of the game, he will see the support from us lot. Highlighting it in any way shape or form during the game is not right IMHO.

This is not just a death, it's a tragedy of the highest level.

'LeeBlue' has it right.

I agree with the above. Definately no minutes applause. Let him concentrate on his job, now. I'll happily contribute to some flowers / charity donation. I think it would be lovely touch from his SUFC family.

A very brave man, it is hard to even fathom what they must be going through. I have no idea tbh what we should do to show them we feel for them at this tragic time, so before we do anything Zone wise The Owners and Mods will have a chat and consider all options.

Although I don't think we can let just let it pass without doing something.

As Saturday is our last home game, the team will all come back out at the end for their traditional walk round the pitch. Maybe then would be more appropriate to show some form of tribute?

Awful news, what an incredible man he is battling through such a tragic loss. Would a minutes silence be appropriate on Saturday?

As harsh as this may sound, when Chris Powell's son died we didn't have a minutes silence. Chris, however, wore a black armband.

Back