• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Think we may need a poll on this one. I for one am against the idea of doing anything during the match.
Don't think even that is needed to be honest, if TBV could contact someone at the club and get PB's opinion or ask Worrall himself then that would be best, the last thing anyone wants is to distract him from the game but I'm sure everyone wants some way to show their support

I deal with infant deaths on a regular basis....and of course the parents....If I suggested to any of those parents that in a few weeks time when your trying to get back to work and some sort of 'normality' that while working everyone is going to clap you...well I would sack myself and expect a pasting from said parents.
yes he scored a big goal etc etc bot the death of a child should in no way shape or for be marked by applause at a game of football

cant help but agree with you on this. Tonight is done. Focus has to be on doing everything we can now to get behind the team and win promotion. - a legacy and tribute potentially far greater than a minutes applause.

To those of you considering a 7th minute applause for Worral on Saturday, please think again. A bunch of flowers from SZ sounds like a great idea and an appropriate gesture following such terrible news though.

can someone ask him what he think would be appropriate? the show of good will is brilliant but maybe lets ask him what he wants and do that, whatever it be

Again...even the question is a bit much
Hi David do you mind if thousands of people applaud the death of your baby.

You make it sound like people are celebrating it.

Did you go to the JPT final and join in with that? Obviously that was slightly different as I don't think the player was playing in that match.

When I saw the mobile clip of Worrall free kick & the celebration by the players & Worrall didn't want to celebrate, thinking its out for respect for his old club - until I realise why, my heart sank when I found out the true, I am sorry about your loss Mr Worrall, as you was brave enough to come on the pitch & play. It's must be really difficult moment for you. You did your little one proud with that goal :thumbsup:

Did you go to the JPT final and join in with that? Obviously that was slightly different as I don't think the player was playing in that match.

My angle is that an applause should be to celebrate a life....like an ex player, manager etc. There was no life to celebrate...If you get my meaning. David Worrall would only have to look at this thread to appreciate the good will shown by all. In no way am I suggesting that people want to celebrate it I just think clarification for some is needed in understanding celebrating and marking the passing of someone who has lived a life etc and the utter despair and tradgedy of losing an infant.

Yes I did go to the JPT final....It was a Crewe thing that I didn't particularly feel the need to comment on, plus I can't remember the details of the incident too well so will not give one now.

My angle is that an applause should be to celebrate a life....like an ex player, manager etc. There was no life to celebrate...If you get my meaning. David Worrall would only have to look at this thread to appreciate the good will shown by all. In no way am I suggesting that people want to celebrate it I just think clarification for some is needed in understanding celebrating and marking the passing of someone who has lived a life etc and the utter despair and tradgedy of losing an infant.
You are right, although the suggestion was meant with good intentions. The best thing to do on Saturday is to fully back Worrall as a footballer without needing to remind him further of his tragic loss.

You are right, although the suggestion was meant with good intentions. The best thing to do on Saturday is to fully back Worrall as a footballer without needing to remind him further of his tragic loss.

Absolutely brilliant intentions no doubt and I am in no way digging anyone out, I just have a little perspective on the issue due to my work as well as being a parent of two.

Fair enough. It is a difficult situation, I wouldn't have a clue what to do or say to someone who has had that happen to them. As fans we want to do our bit to show our support, but sometimes even the smallest of gestures could mean a lot to them.

Don't think even that is needed to be honest, if TBV could contact someone at the club and get PB's opinion or ask Worrall himself then that would be best, the last thing anyone wants is to distract him from the game but I'm sure everyone wants some way to show their support

Think this is best thing. People react in different ways and it would be a bit more respectful to follow what Worrall believes would be the most fitting thing to do. Whether that is being quiet (i.e no applause) or raising money for charity.

Wozza told our interviewer to let the fans know about this tragedy.Getting messages on our twitter feed.Think we may tempt him back in the summer if rumours are to be believed.

Wozza told our interviewer to let the fans know about this tragedy.Getting messages on our twitter feed.Think we may tempt him back in the summer if rumours are to be believed.

The only way he will go back to Bury would be to tell everyone how much he loves being at SUFC :winking:

The only way he will go back to Bury would be to tell everyone how much he loves being at SUFC :winking:
I speak to his cousin regular and he says never say never.I do know all his family live in Manchester (Harpurhay area) and it is no secret his missus wants to return north to her family.

Back