• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If he is playing then nothing should be done.

It would be a nice gesture but in my opinion would affect him too much.

I remember when I lost someone a few years back it was the sympathy shown by others that upset me more than anything, I could deal with it otherwise, I would imagine if he plays, and he seems to want to, that he wouldnt want to be remind of it during a game.

So sorry to hear of your loss, it showed great courage to come back so soon. Thank you for the class goal, as you have made us all very happy tonight.

If he is playing then nothing should be done.

It would be a nice gesture but in my opinion would affect him too much.

I remember when I lost someone a few years back it was the sympathy shown by others that upset me more than anything, I could deal with it otherwise, I would imagine if he plays, and he seems to want to, that he wouldnt want to be remind of it during a game.

This....just let him play

Utmost respect to David Worrall and love to his family. As mentioned, that news absolutely puts everything into some sort of perspective. May Noah rest in peace.

In terms of tribute and support, I think a 7th minute ovation would be a great touch.

#DoItForDave #ShrimperFamily

Just want to point that I didn't know about this when I posted this originally. Chant can be sung as normal whenever. 7th minutes applause sounds good.

Don't do anything during the game, but maybe raise some money for charity or something from the fans? If it was me, the football would be a distraction from the grief, and I wouldn't want to be reminded of it during a game, no matter how well intentioned the thought is behind it.

Utmost respect to David Worrall and love to his family. As mentioned, that news absolutely puts everything into some sort of perspective. May Noah rest in peace.

In terms of tribute and support, I think a 7th minute ovation would be a great touch.

#DoItForDave #ShrimperFamily

Just to reiterate not a cool idea. Let the man do his job without an innapropriate reminder of such tradgedy

Would prefer for a donation from the zone with the trust to send his girlfriend flowers "from the SUFC family"

Just to reiterate not a cool idea. Let the man do his job without an innapropriate reminder of such tradgedy

100%. Good idea to start with but after a few minutes thought not - we don't want to cause him to have sad thoughts on the pitch. Gotta find another way to show our sympathies.

Yeah the last thing you want to do is remind him of it while he's trying to concentrate one of the biggest games of the season. I'm sure we can find a way to show our respect though.

Don't do anything during the game, but maybe raise some money for charity or something from the fans? If it was me, the football would be a distraction from the grief, and I wouldn't want to be reminded of it during a game, no matter how well intentioned the thought is behind it.

Spot on. A collection for a charity would be appropriate and more respectful. It's not a matter for a football crowd for make a noise about. That's just my opinion.

totally agree with this ,

Absolute legend, to play on tonight through that is very brave and I'm glad he could get on the scoresheet for his son. Deepest condolences to him and his family, things like this put things into perspective and no matter how "massive" tonight's result is it pales into significance compared to that. Hopefully he'll be up to playing again soon and bring back what he offers to the team, which is fantastic.

If there isn't one organised by the club then I'm sure TBV can help to arrange a minutes applause or something like that in, say, the 7th minute. More than worthy of it.

Brilliant idea, maybe get it out up in the scoreboard as well so all know!

Think we may need a poll on this one. I for one am against the idea of doing anything during the match.

I deal with infant deaths on a regular basis....and of course the parents....If I suggested to any of those parents that in a few weeks time when your trying to get back to work and some sort of 'normality' that while working everyone is going to clap you...well I would sack myself and expect a pasting from said parents.
yes he scored a big goal etc etc bot the death of a child should in no way shape or for be marked by applause at a game of football

Back