• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I agree that those kids (they all looked around 16ish?) that acted like that towards the end of the match are embarrassing. But credit should go to the majority of the fans who made their voices heard and got them to leave the pitch. Not sure who they were trying to start a fight with though, they looked very scrawny! :dim:

I think a lot of people let their emotions get the better of them. As heartbreaking and downright horrible it was to miss out on the automatic promotion spot at the end of the day, it is just a game of football. As fans, we're better than this stuff.

if the fa see it will get done the same as the blackpool fans twice in 2 weeks the idot element lets us down don't the realise there doing the club no favours especially as would be caught on the security cameras at the globe hope southend bans them for life no need for it

The bloke fighting with the glasses and his mate with the trench coat acting like big men fighting own fans fighting in a group and shouting and pushing does not make you hard and big it made u look like prats I'm afraid as for calling corr Irish wat ever very clever not. same corr you were cheering for two weeks ago lol. The lad causing trouble nlack top and glasses wen ever I see him at always games he acts like a prat people like that need to be brought down a peg and would have been in my days a young fan

Yep.......

I simply cannot respect anyone on here that says it's OK to knock kids over while trying to fight each other. Quite frankly that flippant comment is a disgrace Bkdside.

This proud club has always had an excellent reputation for never causing trouble, where the hell have these pre-pubescent idiots come from? One things for sure they need to be banned and quickly!

Few things from today, I was down the bottom / by the advertising boards in the 2nd half and a lot of the re actions going on within that area where emotionally lead and at no point anything to do with anger in my view. I totally agree with the pro's and con's in regards to people going onto the pitch.

One thing i did did not today was the argument that kicked off today (nothing more than handbags) seems to have the say key 15/16 year old causing it as the trouble at home to Luton. The lad who was today wearing a blue SI jacket was last week threatening to cut thoughts against Luton and then run off up the road, was the same person who kicked the boards, went on the pitch and got in the middle of this handbags. I think a lot of these youth casuals need to understand what they could potentially get involved / get hurt in.

i would hardly use the word disgrace, I would said all 2300 blues where nerve fuelled today and some of the actions in the second half was very much the release of that tension.

Few things from today, I was down the bottom / by the advertising boards in the 2nd half and a lot of the re actions going on within that area where emotionally lead and at no point anything to do with anger in my view. I totally agree with the pro's and con's in regards to people going onto the pitch.

One thing i did did not today was the argument that kicked off today (nothing more than handbags) seems to have the say key 15/16 year old causing it as the trouble at home to Luton. The lad who was today wearing a blue SI jacket was last week threatening to cut thoughts against Luton and then run off up the road, was the same person who kicked the boards, went on the pitch and got in the middle of this handbags. I think a lot of these youth casuals need to understand what they could potentially get involved / get hurt in.

i would hardly use the word disgrace, I would said all 2300 blues where nerve fuelled today and some of the actions in the second half was very much the release of that tension.
Wot wot wot wot:'(

I usually really don't like the 'back in the day' comments , because young people will make errors of judgement and hopefully mature with age.
But I recall when I did as a 'yoof' some of the older brigade pointed out my mistakes.
The world has changed and reaction at best now is 'you can't tell me what to do' etc , but a bit more 'guidance ' from others would be welcome at times

You might think our 'fans' at Morecambe were a disgrace for fighting. However, i was not there yesterday and was in a location where i could not get the internet and had a friend at the game texting me updates. Well I got the 1-0 to them ; we have equalised; 1-1 at half time but Wycombe are winning texts in the first half. Then got the 2-1 to them and Bury are winning; and 3-1 texts. Then at 4.38 I get a text saying UNBELIEVABLE 3-3!! and Tranmere have equalised. Then a couple of minutes later 4-3 to us!!! Now THAT is a disgrace!

You might think our 'fans' at Morecambe were a disgrace for fighting. However, i was not there yesterday and was in a location where i could not get the internet and had a friend at the game texting me updates. Well I got the 1-0 to them ; we have equalised; 1-1 at half time but Wycombe are winning texts in the first half. Then got the 2-1 to them and Bury are winning; and 3-1 texts. Then at 4.38 I get a text saying UNBELIEVABLE 3-3!! and Tranmere have equalised. Then a couple of minutes later 4-3 to us!!! Now THAT is a disgrace!

That's worse than a disgrace, it's mental cruelty. Kill your friend, no mercy.

Don't trust Ron Martin again to keep you updated !

Just as a matter of interest, was the game well policed or just stewards?

I think most of us were emotional yesterday but neither I or most of the other supporters felt the need to kick an advertising board!!

You call that a friend?

Some perspective....

We took 2300 fans to a game. 2250 were brilliant, no problem. Fifty or so at most acted like arseclowns. Some of the arseclowns I did not recognise (and I've been to most away games this sesaon). The stewards and police didn't over react, the majority made it clear to the minority that they were bellends and the bellends ended up swapping handbags with each other. Fizzy pop was probably involved. No thought for others, the image of the club or the safety of people around them.

We do have a problem when we take large numbers away, as there is an element of "we can do what we like". Possibly something to do with safety in numbers. When there is a small number, these people aren't in attendance and if they are then they anonymous.

I'm glad the majority of Blues fans booed them when they tried their pitch invasion. Starting fights with our own fans is ridiculous, everyone's hurting after that loss but if you feel the need to punch someone because we lost a match you need anger management.

Or alternatively, not to drink as much beforehand. Very sad to see.

I didn't see any police around, which surprised me. Our stewards did very well, and actually brought the "pitch invasion" to a sensible conclusion with a bit of reasoning. Some fans were involved who should know better, there were certainly some in their mid 20s involved in addition to the kids, and I felt they shouldn't have been allowed to stay down the front for so long but made to go back into the actual terracing.

Interestingly, did anyone else notice that, when the Morecambe ball boys were withdrawn, one delightful little soul turned round to our supporters on the terrace from a safe distance and did some miming of throat cutting? I think it was the same one as some had given a bit of "bantz" to for being slightly chunky, poor form on our supporters' part but equally not acceptable on his.

Back