• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Or alternatively, not to drink as much beforehand. Very sad to see.

I didn't see any police around, which surprised me. Our stewards did very well, and actually brought the "pitch invasion" to a sensible conclusion with a bit of reasoning. Some fans were involved who should know better, there were certainly some in their mid 20s involved in addition to the kids, and I felt they shouldn't have been allowed to stay down the front for so long but made to go back into the actual terracing.

Interestingly, did anyone else notice that, when the Morecambe ball boys were withdrawn, one delightful little soul turned round to our supporters on the terrace from a safe distance and did some miming of throat cutting? I think it was the same one as some had given a bit of "bantz" to for being slightly chunky, poor form on our supporters' part but equally not acceptable on his.

That ballboy was a fat mug

I didn't see any police around, which surprised me. Our stewards did very well, and actually brought the "pitch invasion" to a sensible conclusion with a bit of reasoning. Some fans were involved who should know better, there were certainly some in their mid 20s involved in addition to the kids, and I felt they shouldn't have been allowed to stay down the front for so long but made to go back into the actual terracing.

Interestingly, did anyone else notice that, when the Morecambe ball boys were withdrawn, one delightful little soul turned round to our supporters on the terrace from a safe distance and did some miming of throat cutting? I think it was the same one as some had given a bit of "bantz" to for being slightly chunky, poor form on our supporters' part but equally not acceptable on his.

But he was a fat *******.

have to admit there was 2 groups that stood out like a sore thumb , the group kicking the hoardings at every misplaced pass behind the goal, and the younger version by the corner flag in the open terrace. Was quite amused at the lot who went on the pitch looking sheepish coming back off after the "off, off, off", "******s, ******s" chants

Can I just say I was one who kicked the advertisement board about 3 times and I entered the pitch do I must apologies to everyone and both clubs for this.

regards the kicking the board it was pure emotion and maybe I need to remember "it's just a game" but at 3-1 I was mortified

regards emerging the pitch I was calling Adam at the end of the game to shake the legends hand and I asked the steward if I can go over to him he said no but U can come up to this line and try to get him over after about 3 mins I just walked over to adam as he got closer I didn't even think about the fact I was on the pitch I shook his hand and said 3 more wins we can do it, I few stewards grabbed me I said sorry and they understood I even shook their hands and apologiesed for walking further than they said.

as I side not we have police around also and I said sorry to one officer and he said it's ok I'm just glad the steward wasn't heavy handed as we asked them to be aware of the emotion I praised the stewards and said if I was them Id of taken me down lol

p.s I didn't see anyone fighting nor was I trying to fight anyone and I didn't push anyone in my way either

Can I just say I was one who kicked the advertisement board about 3 times and I entered the pitch do I must apologies to everyone and both clubs for this.

regards the kicking the board it was pure emotion and maybe I need to remember "it's just a game" but at 3-1 I was mortified

regards emerging the pitch I was calling Adam at the end of the game to shake the legends hand and I asked the steward if I can go over to him he said no but U can come up to this line and try to get him over after about 3 mins I just walked over to adam as he got closer I didn't even think about the fact I was on the pitch I shook his hand and said 3 more wins we can do it, I few stewards grabbed me I said sorry and they understood I even shook their hands and apologiesed for walking further than they said.

as I side not we have police around also and I said sorry to one officer and he said it's ok I'm just glad the steward wasn't heavy handed as we asked them to be aware of the emotion I praised the stewards and said if I was them Id of taken me down lol

p.s I didn't see anyone fighting nor was I trying to fight anyone and I didn't push anyone in my way either

I tell you what mate,going on the pitch was silly and wrong but the fact that you have the balls to come on a public forum and apologise to everyone is the action of a man,next time your in my office(Spread)match day i'll buy you a beer if not see at Wembley.UTB:thumbsup:

I think as usual we overreact at any thing on here...the group kicking the boards and trying to get on the pitch were soon sorted when the majority of the crowd started chanting off off off! and booing.
Too many people trying to always look for things to criticise and moan about.
ON THE PLUS SIDE
The support was fantastic singing on all 3 sides great party atmosphere before the game no sign of trouble anywhere emotions running high at the end but many still managed to Clap the Morecombe player who had retired and those that waited for the no show of our players were still clapping the Morecombes players announcements while addressing their fans.
Walked out of the ground no trouble at all
Now that's terrible isn't it but hey no one else has wrote anything about that.
We are a decent bunch end of topic!

Good , clear post fella , well done.
Can't say everything you did was wise , but you've held your hands up and admitted where you were wrong and explained your actions.

just glad this happened at a club like Morecambe rather than somewhere like Luton otherwise could have got quite lively outside

Yep, what 'SwissTony' said just then, 'Shrimperhosk'.

Takes guts to be honest. Fair play.

Fair play to you. Not wise behaviour on the day but you seem to have realised and luckily, no consequences for you.

just glad this happened at a club like Morecambe rather than somewhere like Luton otherwise could have got quite lively outside

Not sure the young chaps involved would have been quite as excitable at Luton.

Good , clear post fella , well done.
Can't say everything you did was wise , but you've held your hands up and admitted where you were wrong and explained your actions.

...and will have the intellect not to repeat said actions!

I tell you what mate,going on the pitch was silly and wrong but the fact that you have the balls to come on a public forum and apologise to everyone is the action of a man,next time your in my office(Spread)match day i'll buy you a beer if not see at Wembley.UTB:thumbsup:

Exactly this...........with the exception of the beer as Swiss Tony is buying.

Exactly this...........with the exception of the beer as Swiss Tony is buying.

:smile:

This could be the way ahead.

Boot an advertising board over, come on here and apologise and get a free pint off of Swiss Tony! :winking:

Jeezuz, you can spot a penalty from 80 yards, but you couldn't see the Old Bill. They were the ones in yellow hi viz jackets with POLICE emblazoned on the back who were standing next to the stewards as the handbags were being exchanged.

Jeezuz, you can spot a penalty from 80 yards, but you couldn't see the Old Bill. They were the ones in yellow hi viz jackets with POLICE emblazoned on the back who were standing next to the stewards as the handbags were being exchanged.

Couldn't see their backs! :raspberry:

All I saw was our stewards working hard to bring our supporters to their senses. Am used to seeing bobbies at Roots Hall walking around looking like policeman, were they trying to look like stewards yesterday?

Also, penalty "incidents" were closer to me than the police were! So double :raspberry: :raspberry:

Couldn't see their backs! :raspberry:

All I saw was our stewards working hard to bring our supporters to their senses. Am used to seeing bobbies at Roots Hall walking around looking like policeman, were they trying to look like stewards yesterday?

Also, penalty "incidents" were closer to me than the police were! So double :raspberry: :raspberry:

I didn't see the police either OBL. What I did see was our stewards doing a better job than the police would have. Full marks to them.

Back