• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wasn't his squad mate. Harsh to level too much at Brown for Wembley.

I'd look at Burton away this year before Wembley two years ago when considering if we're bottlers or not...

Wasn't his squad mate. Harsh to level too much at Brown for Wembley.

I'd look at Burton away this year before Wembley two years ago when considering if we're bottlers or not...
Agreed, would certainly point to Burton and yesterday as stronger evidence that we are bottlers. I hope i'm wrong but if we bottle it against Morecambe what chance do we have against a much better side like Stevenage.

Agreed, would certainly point to Burton and yesterday as stronger evidence that we are bottlers. I hope i'm wrong but if we bottle it against Morecambe what chance do we have against a much better side like Stevenage.

They weren't up for it on Saturday either - Bottlers!!

He was the manager, he chose the tactics, picked the team and played Mohsni in midfield whilst completely leaving out semi final scorer Leonard.

Which is another reason why we ARE going to get to Wembley to give Lenny the day that he missed out on! :smile:

All it needs is some inspirational words from Barrett and a few others and the boys will be back on the up. A decent ref would be a big help too!

Ron Martin and Phil Brown were in Starbucks at the top of the High Street a 11 o clock this morning in deep thought .

Which is another reason why we ARE going to get to Wembley to give Lenny the day that he missed out on! :smile:

All it needs is some inspirational words from Barrett and a few others and the boys will be back on the up. A decent ref would be a big help too!
I love the optimism you're showing but after our last 3 play off encounters and the game yesterday i can't help but feel it's over. I'm sure when i'm on the way to Stevenage next Sunday i'll be full of hope again but struggling to find any at the moment.

I love the optimism you're showing but after our last 3 play off encounters and the game yesterday i can't help but feel it's over. I'm sure when i'm on the way to Stevenage next Sunday i'll be full of hope again but struggling to find any at the moment.

I am always optimistic, it's when I'm not that you really need to worry! I can't be all doom and gloom about my football, seen far too much over 40+ years to allow it to bring me down, and I've always felt we were destined for Wembley this year, there had to be some compensation for going out of all those cup games so early on.

And if you want cheering up, just grab a beer and stick the Col Ewe v Preston game on. At least we're not in their position.

If Corr's goal at Wimbledon had counted, we would've already been promoted.

#justsayin :whistling:

Was that year - out of the 20 - the year we fell short under Sturrock... I bet it is.

His job is to get us promoted - according to Ron Martin - and that would be a failure if we lost. So yes is the answer to that.

Incredibly harsh to sack a manager for getting 84 points. Last season 84 points would have won the title. This season it's only good for the playoffs. We never seem to time it right!

Incredibly harsh to sack a manager for getting 84 points. Last season 84 points would have won the title. This season it's only good for the playoffs. We never seem to time it right!

I'm not saying it is the right call. In fact I think he deserves another contract. All I'm saying is that Ron Martin won't stand for it. He's had two big chances, and if we don't get promoted, he would have failed twice. Will Ron give him another crack? That is the million dollar question.

Why not? He was the manager, he chose the tactics, picked the team and played Mohsni in midfield whilst completely leaving out semi final scorer Leonard.

That's all rather irrelevant now but i simply don't trust this side not to bottle it (No idea whether that's down to Brown or some other reason but we will bottle it.)

Mohsni cost us that game. An absolutely diabolical performance from him after he had walked out on us and only returned when it looked like we were heading for Wembley. Blame for that rest with the Chairman who hoped to sell him for megabucks.

Ron Martin and Phil Brown were in Starbucks at the top of the High Street a 11 o clock this morning in deep thought .

Sharing a drink from a bottle? :sad: The bottlers!

I'll get me coat!

But the team are not bottlers at all.

Looking at some of the players at the end of yesterday's game they looked absolutely deflated (especially Lenny). Let's be honest here we all went yesterday for a "Promotion party" and flipping Morcambe were the party poopers.
Give them a couple of days and the team will get their heads back.
It's is now Mr Browns job to get the players up for playing again and let's just hope he can do that.

I think the players will be primed for the play-off`s, but my main concern is the lack of goals this season will be our undoing again !:unsure:

I heard someone at the game yesterday suggest that Ron Martin would prefer us going up through the play-offs as the club would make more money. :nope:

I heard someone at the game yesterday suggest that Ron Martin would prefer us going up through the play-offs as the club would make more money. :nope:

That's obvious though, isn't it? Same for TZ and the Trust on travel, however much of a nightmare to organise it is. Don't think you're hearing anything he's actually said but perfectly plausible and reasonable assumption.

End result no matter what is League One football next year. Autos would have been terrific, but Wembley brings a payday all of its own.

Back