• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil Brown attempting to make Southend sexier than Chicago to sign Noel Hunt

Yes true,I must stop jumping the gun !

If we get 20 games a season from him and I don't even mean 90 minutes,I would be shocked.

Still jumping the gun doh !

Yeah, you're just a gun jumper you are.

That was last season.

I've backed you in the past, but must say u r soooo negative I would question whether u r even a Southend fan. I can't remember the last time you wrote anything positive. U must trust that PB knows what he is doing and In Ben Clarkson we have one of the best Physios on the league. If hunt signs give the lad a chance, give PB a chance and who knows!

I've backed you in the past, but must say u r soooo negative I would question whether u r even a Southend fan. I can't remember the last time you wrote anything positive. U must trust that PB knows what he is doing and In Ben Clarkson we have one of the best Physios on the league. If hunt signs give the lad a chance, give PB a chance and who knows!

Hunt gets my support from the stand and I truly hope he makes me eat my words.

I would love to see Hunt at Southend, but I would also like us to bring another front man in with younger, quicker legs than Hunt or Mooney, just to give us some extra mobility. Don't mind if it was Piggy, but not too bothered if it was not.

That was last season.

So what, he is pretty much the same as Hunt.

Hunt's played 34 times in last 2 seasons, compared to Fagan's 29 games. Both scoring 3 goals in that period. Difference is that Hunt was in Championship and Fagan in League 1 and Hunt is wanted by other teams while Fagan had to come on trial and failed to find a club until the following February when he signed for Brunei in Singapore only lasting 3 games before suffering an injury for 6 months and getting released.

So what, he is pretty much the same as Hunt.

Hunt's played 34 times in last 2 seasons, compared to Fagan's 29 games. Both scoring 3 goals in that period. Difference is that Hunt was in Championship and Fagan in League 1 and Hunt is wanted by other teams while Fagan had to come on trial and failed to find a club until the following February when he signed for Brunei in Singapore only lasting 3 games before suffering an injury for 6 months and getting released.

You don't get it !,Ron signs this type of player each season who then fail time and time again,do you think it's for the good of the team which we all pay to watch or Ron's bank balance.

You don't get it !,Ron signs this type of player each season who then fail time and time again,do you think it's for the good of the team which we all pay to watch or Ron's bank balance.

Barry Corr and AB turned out ok. Some would have given Coker no chance, but we did. You win some and lose some, but players like Mooney, Worsworth and hopefully Hunt are exactly what this side needs. Anyone at Dagenham could see we are crying out for this type of player.

Don't think we'll see Hunt at Roots Hall any time soon. Drogba has signed for the Montreal Impact. Hunt will probably go to Chicago now.

Don't think we'll see Hunt at Roots Hall any time soon. Drogba has signed for the Montreal Impact. Hunt will probably go to Chicago now.

Noel Hunt has been back in touch with PB and negotiations are continuing with PB saying there should be an announcement next week- hardly sounds like a player who expects to be signing for Chicago Fire imminently

All be it given the below it would be interesting to know what the contract will look like- but I guess he joined Leeds with a previous contract from the Premiership. Reality is that he has come back to us and we are no trying to finalise a deal..

His salary also came under scrutiny after current Leeds owner Massimo Cellino claimed that the striker was earning £25,000 a week at Elland Road.

Explain how it's good for Rons bank account when as a business , like most lower league clubs we continue to make losses ?

Hunt (using your "IMO " caveat ) is the type of player worth taking a punt on. He has skill and guile. What we missed most like season was a player to make chances just as much as a player to take chances ,Hunt has this ability . If we can add pigott as well personally I would be pleased . Because, with the under 21 set up your beloved Williams will also not be loaned out, so if he also starts scoring he will still be a Southend player to call upon, win win !

And if Noel Hunt was 22 not 32 he would be £2m+
The only realistic way we will get this type of quality in to help us take the next step is what we are doing.

Noel is exactly the type of player we want and exactly the type of player we need. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome - but at least theres some positive news coming out of it so far :-)

Noel is exactly the type of player we want and exactly the type of player we need. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome - but at least theres some positive news coming out of it so far :-)

I agree, I think he is the type of player we need/want.

I hope to hear he's signed very soon, but not sure I can see it happening.

Yet you wanted us to sign Fagan last season, the exact same type of player as the one you wish we didn't sign. You are bloody hilarious!

Back