• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tax-credits-the new poll tax for the Tories?

such a tiny percentage of the population
It's not the only group of people that's a "tiny percentage of the population" though is it? The ****ing ***** who voted Tory in May are also a tiny percentage of the population.

I woudn't rush to judgement just yet guys.

Think you'll have to wait for the Oldham by-election result and next year's elections in May before coming to a considered decision on this.

MG-I have to admit that I was impressed by the SNP's questions at PMQ's today.Pity they've got so few MP's.

I'm surprised you think that. They only win safe labour seats. For every seat they won north of the border, a marginal seat went to Conservative in England.

Maybe, maybe not. There's a huge groundswell of disaffected people latching onto a new left wing Labour. Membership is flourishing.

Perhaps people have had enough of austerity being piled on them time and again when the Tories and their rich friends live the high life.

I don't know how it works, but I assume you have to renew your membership every year. If that is the case then Corduroy's victory can only add members in the short term. In the long term it will be interesting to see what happens when peoples' membership become due. Will people rejoin, or will membership start to fall?

I'm surprised you think that. They only win safe labour seats. For every seat they won north of the border, a marginal seat went to Conservative in England.

You're talking about the last election results under Miliband.

Let's wait and see if there's a "halo effect" for Labour under the new leadership or not,which was precisely MK's point above,I think.

You're forgetting the Lib/Dems were (almost) wiped out by the SNP in Scotland in May.Scotland has in any case long been (almost)a Tory free zone.

FWIW,I don't think the SNP will lose seats to Labour in Scotland any time soon.In fact I expect the opposite to happen next May.In any case, as MG has pointed out, the SNP in Westminster are a tightly knit political party, united behind their leader.FWIW,I also happen to think that the SNP is to the left of the PLP in general.

You're talking about the last election results under Miliband.

Let's wait and see if there's a "halo effect" for Labour under the new leadership or not,which was precisely MK's point above,I think.

You're forgetting the Lib/Dems were (almost) wiped out by the SNP in Scotland in May.Scotland has in any case long been (almost)a Tory free zone.

FWIW,I don't think the SNP will lose seats to Labour in Scotland any time soon.In fact I expect the opposite to happen next May.In any case, as MG has pointed out, the SNP in Westminster are a tightly knit political party, united behind their leader.FWIW,I also happen to think that the SNP is to the left of the PLP in general.

Mind that halo doesn't slip down over you head and become a blindfold.

The SNP prove that by all hating one particular group you can unite another. And we all know who they hate and the real reason they won so many seats.

Mind that halo doesn't slip down over you head and become a blindfold.

Ha! I remember a particular headmaster at Highfield College, (who Cricko will doubtless remember), throwing a similar remark at me back in the day."Slip down and wring you neck" was his phrase!

I was of course talking about the leader of the PLP.

The SNP prove that by all hating one particular group you can unite another. And we all know who they hate and the real reason they won so many seats.

Yes.But you're ignoring the point that the SNP are an effective,anti-austerity. left wing, opposition party at Westminster and are actually in government in Scotland.

I don't know how it works, but I assume you have to renew your membership every year. If that is the case then Corduroy's victory can only add members in the short term. In the long term it will be interesting to see what happens when peoples' membership become due. Will people rejoin, or will membership start to fall?

It's a monthly DD, reduced if you're already a union member to just under £2. It's like Hotel California - you can check out but you can never leave. :smile:

It's a monthly DD, reduced if you're already a union member to just under £2. It's like Hotel California - you can check out but you can never leave. :smile:

Crikey the cheapest option is still £24 a year to join them !

Would rather spend the money on a few tubs of Rossi ice cream:smile:

Crikey the cheapest option is still £24 a year to join them !

Would rather spend the money on a few tubs of Rossi ice cream:smile:

Good for you. Think of the money you'd save by not buying The Daily Mail (not to mention the vast improvement in your mental health). All that hating can't be good for anyone.

I watched one of labour's staunchest supporters this morning,he admitted the party are frankly pathetic and the red book joke was a major fail.

Watching Jezza and Jonny they look as though they want to scream "one out all out brothers".

Sorry *** but your mob have really achieved something I thought was impossible,they have become even worse than before.
This unnamed staunch supporter who could be an MP or a Councillor or a member or just someone walking down the street and fed a line and asked for a reaction off the top of his or her head.....I'm not gonna read to much into that if that's ok.

The Tories have become better than before because the day before yesterday they were going to slash the income of low paid workers, reduce the number of police and refusing to allow arbitration with their dispute with thousands of NHS workers - yesterday they caved in to Labour demands. If Labour are getting worse as you say then maybe they will meet in the middle.

Oh and Labour membership is around twice that of the Conservatives so though it's a tiny percentage of potential voters it's still twice as relevant as the other lot if your are trying to gauge public mood.

This unnamed staunch supporter who could be an MP or a Councillor or a member or just someone walking down the street and fed a line and asked for a reaction off the top of his or her head.....I'm not gonna read to much into that if that's ok.

The Tories have become better than before because the day before yesterday they were going to slash the income of low paid workers, reduce the number of police and refusing to allow arbitration with their dispute with thousands of NHS workers - yesterday they caved in to Labour demands. If Labour are getting worse as you say then maybe they will meet in the middle.

Oh and Labour membership is around twice that of the Conservatives so though it's a tiny percentage of potential voters it's still twice as relevant as the other lot if your are trying to gauge public mood.

Not really.It's just that the Tories have a waifer thin majority in the Commons and were gifted 27 billion of funny money from the OBR.

I woudn't rush to judgement just yet guys.

Think you'll have to wait for the Oldham by-election result and next year's elections in May before coming to a considered decision on this.

MG-I have to admit that I was impressed by the SNP's questions at PMQ's today.Pity they've got so few MP's.

Well there was only so many Labour seats on offer.

I make Jezza bang on the money:stunned:,his refusal to back the bombing of Syria is in my mind 100% correct.

Bombing is dumb and will never ever beat IS ,it will however make them stronger.

Back