• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alan McCormack scored a cracker from that game as well

Let's add him to the list then. Never understood what others saw in this bloke.
I guess the fact that he's carved out a decent career for himself means I'm the one who's missing a trick here!

Let's add him to the list then. Never understood what others saw in this bloke.
I guess the fact that he's carved out a decent career for himself means I'm the one who's missing a trick here!

Even Tilly didn't see much in him when he let McCormack bugger off on holiday during the middle of the season.

It's the other way round with me i.e. players that I thought were brilliant that everyone else thought were rubbish - shows that i know sod all about football!!

Steven Hammell. Good first touch but overweight and an even worse positional sense than Simon Francis. Should have stuck with Che.

Steven Hammell. Good first touch but overweight and an even worse positional sense than Simon Francis. Should have stuck with Che.

This. Some people seemed to love Hammell, but he was a big part of why we went down. Never seen a player so consistently out of position.

Easy one a certain Steve Tilson most over rated player ever, a good player and no more, thats why he only played in the lower leagues and never played for even a medium sized club, scored one good goal per season and done sod all for the rest, certainly one of our most lazy of players. Please do not say he was loyal to Southend its just no one else wanted him.

Though a nice guy, as I did meet him, I never thought Andy Rammell was any good though he was really popular with all those I sat with,whereas I always rated Boere and couldn't at the time and still don't understand why he was so disliked.

Last edited:
Che Wilson. Got away with being **** as he was a nice chap. Got exposed by every decent winger he faced. More lives than a cat. Totally sub standard player sadly.

Easy one a certain Steve Tilson most over rated player ever, a good player and no more, thats why he only played in the lower leagues and never played for even a medium sized club, scored one good goal per season and done sod all for the rest, certainly one of our most lazy of players. Please do not say he was loyal to Southend its just no one else wanted him.

Have to disagree, Tilson was part of a double promotion winning team and was hardworking and consistent in my opinion.

Agree with the earlier posts about Roy McDonough, totally overrated and poor player, with a terrible attitude.

Che Wilson. Got away with being **** as he was a nice chap. Got exposed by every decent winger he faced. More lives than a cat. Totally sub standard player sadly.

I dont think anyone else thought he was brilliant though. He was cheap, understood the game and allowed other luxury players to flourish.

I never got the feeling people rated Che. More that he was all we had, and always put a shift in, so people got behind him in a sort of 'so bad, he's good' type of way. We should do that more often with players rather than screaming at them.

Back