• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

400,00 paid by fat Fry for the nearly as fat Garry Poole, what a waste of money that we could never scrape together now.

400,00 paid by fat Fry for the nearly as fat Garry Poole, what a waste of money that we could never scrape together now.

With respect no one ever thought Gary pool was any good let alone brilliant. Save him for the biggest waste of money thread.

When we were buzzing under Fry, Gary Poole was doing fine.

He performed a lot worse under Taylor.

Remember him having a howler at home to West Brom. Think he ended up in goal?

A few weeks before, we won 3-1 at Derby, in probably the most complete performance I've seen from a Southend side.

He had a stormer that day,

When we were buzzing under Fry, Gary Poole was doing fine.

He performed a lot worse under Taylor.

Remember him having a howler at home to West Brom. Think he ended up in goal?

A few weeks before, we won 3-1 at Derby, in probably the most complete performance I've seen from a Southend side.

He had a stormer that day,

I was there for that one - we started doing the boing boing West Brom thing when we scored the third!

Gary Jones the offside king! remember being in the seats at Oxford - Jones had got himself offside yet again and my friend Steve shouts out "someone explain it to him" only to find that the young lady and child next to him happened to be Gary Jones's wife and kid - red faces all round!

Small footnote.

At the time, Gary lived in Hockley and we used to have the odd pint or two with him at The White Hart.

We talked about the Derby match and he said about the first goal.

Him and Jonathan Hunt used to have a call of "sid it" when either had to dummy the ball.

On the first goal, Hunt gives him the call and he dummies it for Hunt to score.

Yep, he was offside a lot, but did score a few good goals for us.

Actually played well under Steve Thompson, when he seemed to time his runs better.

Small footnote.

At the time, Gary lived in Hockley and we used to have the odd pint or two with him at The White Hart.

We talked about the Derby match and he said about the first goal.

Him and Jonathan Hunt used to have a call of "sid it" when either had to dummy the ball.

On the first goal, Hunt gives him the call and he dummies it for Hunt to score.

Yep, he was offside a lot, but did score a few good goals for us.

Actually played well under Steve Thompson, when he seemed to time his runs better.

That end of season spell Under Thompson when he played up front with Andy Thompson , was rather good.

Yep, It was.

Played some great football.

That was bizarre when Thompson didn't take the job for the following season.

Roy McDonough was a big crowd favourite, but I thought he was useless and his disciplinary record seemed to back that up. I was a regular in the West Stand at the time when he got sent off against Newport. I was the wag that shouted out "You doughnut McDonough!". Got a good laugh and that nickname seemed to stick with a few fans in the West.

Back