• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was standing almost next to this guy Saturday.

I wasn't with him and don't know him. But coins were being thrown at us and a female steward got assaulted kids were leaving in tears and then bolger got a slap as well.

I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever. Doesn't mean I condone it, but if you went away from home and did all of the above, then you can hardly complain when someone snaps and throws a punch.

I expect a few banning orders will be finding people.

As for the pyros. I was stood almost behind and really didn't have a problem with it despite nearly being choked out.

People need to get a grip. We are not Leeds United or millwall who have handfuls of fans arrested week after week.

People are making a drama out of very little.

ive got the bottle to get involved it was only a few weeks ago when about 50 Millwall fans squared up to about 5 of us after the game so I'm pretty sure I've 'got the bottle'. I've got a brain I know when to get involved and when not too. Difference between the guy yesterday and me. 'The good old days' prime comment from another east stand fanny lol

BJB... Your last post made reference to me not having a brain capacity... your memory must be short if you can't even remember making reference to the East part of the ground...:winking:

As for the not being able to come out on top... what was the point of squaring up to them in the first place? Do you think that they gave you some respect for doing? I think not...:smile:

As for being offended.. I didn't say that I was. I said that others would be. As I wasn't in the East but somewhere you've failed to recognize I find your responses amusing to say the least...

Keep them coming..:happy:

So who was the steward in charge ? Did they inform the police that things were getting out of hand ? Many questions still unanswered but one thing that sticks out is the FACT that there were plenty of police in the vicinity, sitting around in vans outside is not acceptable.

Those of you who have been constantly whining about our club being made to look bad why don't you man up and ask some searching questions of the pathetic policing ? Go on twitter and/or contact Inspector Lee Devall who seems to have made some serious errors of judgement on Saturday.

Another point I will also make is that the Col U fans did not kick off because we scored, what tipped them over the edge was when the stewards ejected a spotty youth, that's when they really kicked off and it turned very ugly from there.

Finally if you were in the East or South then you have no idea what their fans were doing, some of them were absolutely rabid and the SUFC fans for the most part were laughing at them and generally taking the ****, there honestly was no real aggression until a few of ours went over the wall when they saw the stewards taking blows.

I guess you'll all be voting for Jeremy "traitor" Corbyn at the next election too.

That group of Colchester fans in that picture were originally near the East Stand, as soon as I saw them turn up I knew they were going to be trouble and instantly they were, giving gestures and signals to all of us in the East Stand for a good 20 minutes and then I noticed they disappeared, obviously closer to the West Stand to get closer to the action.

They turned up for one reason and it wasn't for the football :thumbdown:

SITUATIONS VACANT

SOUTHEND UNITED STEWARD

Why not join our fast growing ranks of friendly staff, ever keen to help and ensure a bright and happy day out for all our valued supporters.

Feel enhanced and have a sense of pride as you work at one of the town’s great football establishments, offering the community a service they have grown to love and respect over the years.

The successful applicant needs to be fit, able bodied and have at least one screw loose.

A generous pay structure of £9.50 per hour is available, with Senior Stewards earning as much as £10.00 per hour.

JOB CONS

Being punched and generally booted about.
Be verbally abused for asking someone to sit in their designated seat.
Receive the odd coin of the realm across the earlobe.
Optional shoving and manhandling by visiting supporters.
No chance of being able to view the match going on behind you.
Be required to pick up all the discarded rubbish at the end of the game.
Become the subject of an ongoing post-match Police enquiry.

JOB PERKS

Walking distance to Southend Hospital.

Errrrr … I’ll get back to you on the rest. There’s someone at the door!

SOUTHEND UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB

PART OF THE COMMUNITY SINCE 1906.

Last edited:
I saw the incident on the Echo website.

I do not condone football violence but feel that the incident would have been a lot better if the perpetrator had been wearing a yellow and blue Spall/Beaver sports anorak or 80's style leather jacket rather than an outfit more suited to a straight to video Danny Dyer film.

Blimey, was it Mickey G doing his karaoke again!? :blush:

I think they were called Big Yellow Taxi,and oddly then didn't play Joni Mitchell songs, just crucified ska standard "A message to you Rudi" and Elbow's "A Beautiful Day" which they "deftly" mixed with Hey Jude. The Col Ewe fans and our own hoolies should have called a truce to seek and destroy.

LOL, you'd have thought they'd have given Joni's song a go, at least.

They sound pretty dreadful.

Should have got that choir back from the HT entertainment against Coventry.

Would have united both sets of fans in harmony, singing peace and goodwill songs. Perfect.

Won't happen but wouldn't it be nice if all the nobs involved from both sides (And lets not stick our head in the sand here Col U fans, many were just as guilty at our end) got given big fines and it all goes into Tom Leggetts charity pot? A good way to draw a line under the day.

I think they were called Big Yellow Taxi,and oddly then didn't play Joni Mitchell songs, just crucified ska standard "A message to you Rudi" and Elbow's "A Beautiful Day" which they "deftly" mixed with Hey Jude. The Col Ewe fans and our own hoolies should have called a truce to seek and destroy.

It was Big Yellow Pi$$stain actually

Let the old bill get on with it it's what they are paid for!!!
I'm sorry I know loads that went on the pitch including the guy who got a few digs in on there fans but I will never ever give names or grass we are all Southend

The police in a democracy do the job they are paid for (by the rest of us) by investigating incidents, whether in a football ground or not, and by asking those that witnessed it for their version of events.

If you choose not to co-operate that is entirely your choice, although where you draw the line on what crimes you do and do not assist the police with tends to reflect your progress up the evolutionary scale.

Yep, we slagged off the pre-match entertainment at their place yet these boys did make me wince, after only a few bars/words my boy turned to me and exclaimed ' they are dreadful!'......perhaps they will cite the heavy winds and bobbly pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back