• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the sad and pathetic thing. it shouldnt be common sense to just have to accept that people cant act like human beings when faced with similar people from a nearby town. if you take football history out of the equasion, there were 100s of people yesterday behaving like animals from both sides over something as trivial as a sporting event. that in itself is absolutely mental.

i wouldnt be at all surprised if yesterday has ruined the fixture for many people, whether it be because they dont want to be subjected to that kind of atmosphere again, or because the clubs will possibly now go overboard on keeping the fixture safe doing 'bubble' away trips and early kick offs etc, restricting who can buy tickets and how many can buy them.

Acting like human beings???
So our tribal instincts went out the window in your world?

Er......... the whole caboodle is illegal. It isn't legal to punch somebody outside the boxing ring although your lawyer could try to make a case of acting in self-defence if you were attacked and punching your assailant was seen as a proportionate response by a reasonable person. Otherwise, punching is out of order and illegal, I'm afraid.

But let's get back to celebrating a great three points and looking to the future (with fingers crossed that any fines coming Southend United's way are limited in size).

this is the sad and pathetic thing. it shouldnt be common sense to just have to accept that people cant act like human beings when faced with similar people from a nearby town. if you take football history out of the equasion, there were 100s of people yesterday behaving like animals from both sides over something as trivial as a sporting event. that in itself is absolutely mental.

i wouldnt be at all surprised if yesterday has ruined the fixture for many people, whether it be because they dont want to be subjected to that kind of atmosphere again, or because the clubs will possibly now go overboard on keeping the fixture safe doing 'bubble' away trips and early kick offs etc, restricting who can buy tickets and how many can buy them.

At the same time though mate I bet there are loads that loved a fiery Essex Derby

Bubble matches are a real possibility in future for games against the Ewes, I would say. People don't tend to think about these consequences when they act like idiots.

Personally, I've been deeply traumatised by the entire event.

The last few nights I've had nightmares, and found it hard to sleep. Every time I shut my eyes, I just keep picturing it. That menacing rascal, striding across the green Baize. Coins shimmer as they flash past, but this brute can't be slowed. Like a caged animal, finally tasting its long-awaited-freedom, he nears his prey. Fist clenched, pure rage & vitriol spewing from his mouth, like a man possessed, he attacks.

The Col U don't know what's happening. Their security blanket of segregation has suddenly been removed. Those that once stood tall & offered threats of death & maiming, now stand in shock & begrudging awe, as this embodiment of evil lays waste to whatever stands in his way.

The scene is too much for me, and so I wake up, shaking & laying in a pool of sweat. At least I hope it's sweat.

Then I begin to think about the club. The reputation runied. I'm too scared & ashamed to tell people I'm a Southend fan at the moment. Oh I can just imagine the degradation & humiliation I would suffer. Not to mention being ostracised from all events, such as craft hour. Even the man in my local corner shop won't look me in the eye. I'm even convinced that the dog called me a **** yesterday aswell.

I worry for poor Honest Ron aswell. This is bound to set the stadium plans back another decade or two.

The outside world has become almost non-existent to me. I sit watching The news, but nothing even registers. I stare blankly into the TV, wondering if I'll ever be able to get my life back on track.

The Southend section of that West/North corner was being rained down with coins amongst other things. The stewards and particularly the police did nothing to prevent this, prevent the Colchester fans charging towards the Southend section physically harming the stewards in the process.

I'm not saying that people reacting the way they did is right, but part of me understands their frustration. People mention women and kids, maybe this was partly a reason why those Southend fans reacted the way they did.

^

Really well written that, GBJ.

Sounds like an extract from a John King novel.

So who was the steward in charge ? Did they inform the police that things were getting out of hand ? Many questions still unanswered but one thing that sticks out is the FACT that there were plenty of police in the vicinity, sitting around in vans outside is not acceptable.

Those of you who have been constantly whining about our club being made to look bad why don't you man up and ask some searching questions of the pathetic policing ? Go on twitter and/or contact Inspector Lee Devall who seems to have made some serious errors of judgement on Saturday.

Another point I will also make is that the Col U fans did not kick off because we scored, what tipped them over the edge was when the stewards ejected a spotty youth, that's when they really kicked off and it turned very ugly from there.

Finally if you were in the East or South then you have no idea what their fans were doing, some of them were absolutely rabid and the SUFC fans for the most part were laughing at them and generally taking the ****, there honestly was no real aggression until a few of ours went over the wall when they saw the stewards taking blows.

I guess you'll all be voting for Jeremy "traitor" Corbyn at the next election too.

This.

From what I saw, Southend fans only became animated after the stewards were getting roughed up, Bolger was assaulted and the coins rained in. I'm not condoning this but the club need to review why these fans reacted, the policing was non existent.

26 pages?? 18330 views.??

FFS! Is It really worth this amount of your virtual ink? :stunned:

26 pages?? 18330 views.??

FFS! Is It really worth this amount of your virtual ink? :stunned:

To be honest it was one bloke hitting a couple of blokes , it was the sort of thing that went on at playtime in infants school .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back