• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Meeting with Ron Martin

I'm not the only one that thinks we'll go no further with Tilson and Brush.

I don't think we'll go much further with Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho and fabio Capello combined.

I've tried reasoning with you, others have tried but you seem incapable of supporting the club. so I'm gpoing to just have to tell you to **** off you moaning ungrateful ****.

Last edited:
Why can't people stick to the subject?
I've trawled through the whole thread trying to glean information about Ron & TBV and instead I've had to read pages of dross by TTK.
If you want to slag off T&B start another thread. Oh no! I forgot! People are so sick of reading your posts on the subject that nobody would read it.
That's why you have to hide them under what should have been an interesting positive thread.

:mad:

I don't think we'll go much further with Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho and fabio Capello combined.

I've tried reasoning with you, others have tried but you seem incapable of supporting the club. so I'm gpoing to just have to tell you to **** off you moaning ungrateful ****.

:hilarious: :hilarious:
Wish I had thought of that.

Smiffy and myself have just returned from a Meeting with Ron and Gary Adamson at the club. Ron is totally behind The Blue Voice, so much so that he has agreed to finance us in the future.This is not just talk as he has told us to order another 18 Blue Voice flags, 12 of which the Bluebelles will hold at the tunnel when the players come out. We are to try to find smaller ones for the Family section aswell.....He will be on the pitch tomorrow to give all the fans a boost.... One of the most exciting things that came out of tonights meeting is that Ron is going to look into ways of giving us back the North Bank next season providing the costs are not astronomic...I will set up a poll later to find out your thoughts on this.

Happy Days .....More news as and when we have it.

John @ Lee.

PS: He confirmed he reads the Zone :eek:

Well done to all concerned, a step in the right direction. It's a shame that TBV had to be next to an area where so many supporters with impatient and negative attitudes seem to congregate as the two kind of cancel each other out. Maybe next season, if the North Bank thing doesn't come off, they could look to allocating a dedicated area elsewhere.

Well done to all concerned, a step in the right direction. It's a shame that TBV had to be next to an area where so many supporters with impatient and negative attitudes seem to congregate as the two kind of cancel each other out. Maybe next season, if the North Bank thing doesn't come off, they could look to allocating a dedicated area elsewhere.

Yep hear hear top work by Cricko and Smiffy on this one! well done lads! :)

We are certainly looking at options for our own singing section at RH.

Block X just wont do...

Me and my pal would defo swap our seats in the west for a chance to get back in the north bank , as that is where we both watched our first game .

O the joy of being a 12 year old being pinned to the railings at the front of the north bank when the north bank rush happened after we scored :p

Well done fella's! Glad to see RM backing the scheme especially whilst flashing the cheque book!

Which just goes to show, even the most reasonable people have their limits....:D

It is just a shame that he cannot show this much support and interest in the womens set up at the club

no disrespect, but why would he? hardly going to be a mind blowing commercial sucess is it?

i support you, of course, but it would be wrong of the club to pay too much time and effort towards a non profit making entity.

Having read everything on this thread, regardless of what happens you are always going to be divided on the various issues mentioned e.g. Tilly's continued employment, North Bank etc.

For what its worth here are my opinions.

Tilly, keep him. Why change him because we have a dodgy patch. We had that during in consecutive promotions, but still went up. I'm not saying we'll go up this season, as we don't have the financial clout or attractiveness as Leeds, Forest or Swansea. Look at the teams that chop and change their managers, they achieve nothing. Leeds are a good example from the Prem downwards. They've stuck with the PD, Wise, and he has done well this season, even with greater resources than us. Remember, he couldn't sign anybody until the week before the season started!

North Bank. It won't happen! Not unless he rebuilds parts of the west or East stands to put upto 2000 away fans into. The South is an option, but the potential for trouble with away fans is too great. Also,RM won't want to spend too much money on unnecessary work when FF may only be two seasons away. He'll also run a very real risk of alienating hundreds of STH's who will be moved to sit in a stand with a worse view than they already have. I wouldn't be happy!!

Kevin Maher. He has lost it this season. He cannot pass to save his life, unless its a backward pass to Clarke to hoof or to Bailey to make the decisions, which I thought was a Captains job. We were a better team when our midfield was Gower & Black (when in form) playing wide & Macca & Bailey in the middle. Pure class!

Southend Ladies. Is this the same team that played at Southend Manor last season? If they are they have built themselves a bad rep around town. I know that they owe (may still do) money (several £100) to Manor for the ground useage. I understand, but with official info, that they have a fair few unpaid debts & they haven't endeared themselves to the club. Maybe RM could confirm that.

Anyway, off to RH to see the mighty Shrimpers stuff the Daggers.

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!

Having read everything on this thread, regardless of what happens you are always going to be divided on the various issues mentioned e.g. Tilly's continued employment, North Bank etc.

For what its worth here are my opinions.

Tilly, keep him. Why change him because we have a dodgy patch. We had that during in consecutive promotions, but still went up. I'm not saying we'll go up this season, as we don't have the financial clout or attractiveness as Leeds, Forest or Swansea. Look at the teams that chop and change their managers, they achieve nothing.

Kevin Maher. He has lost it this season. He cannot pass to save his life, unless its a backward pass to Clarke to hoof or to Bailey to make the decisions, which I thought was a Captains job. We were a better team when our midfield was Gower & Black (when in form) playing wide & Macca & Bailey in the middle. Pure class!

Anyway, off to RH to see the mighty Shrimpers stuff the Daggers.

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!

A few points to comment on, stability in management has to be preferable to the constant shuffling in the hot seat and players having to keep adjusting to new styles of management.

Maher on his day still has a part to play. I honestly felt we missed him in the middle in the match, although I do agree that Macca and Bailey on form are the best pairing, and also, as you say, that with the addition of Gower and Black on form our midfield is "pure class".

Spot on with the match prediction! Although it did, as others have mentioned, flatter us somewhat.

Back