• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Meeting with Ron Martin

Top man Ron and to the doubters, this just shows what a class act he really is. I don't think you will find that many club chairmen who are more committed to the cause and the fans as he is.

Thanks for the update John ;)

I've never sat in the north before but after hearing so much about it would love to give it a go - big thanks Ron for considering this proposal at the very least. That and the continued support and money you will be helping the lads out with at TBV.

Now how does one go about hanging an Irish flag from the scoreboard down there at the north on ones next trip over? :D

Cricko sorry mate it was in Wednesday's paper and i cannot find it online, however I can bring it to the game tomorrow for you.

Anyway well done to all involved with the Blue Voice on the work done so far. Although unless we play well on a designated Blue Voice day I am going to blame you all for the lacklustre displays i am having to endure. :p

Cricko sorry mate it was in Wednesday's paper and i cannot find it online, however I can bring it to the game tomorrow for you.

Anyway well done to all involved with the Blue Voice on the work done so far. Although unless we play well on a designated Blue Voice day I am going to blame you all for the lacklustre displays i am having to endure. :p

Yes bring it if you would be so kind mate ..

Thanks.

Also is anyone from the Blue Voice going to respond to the Echo letter about the abusive support towards Lee Hughes? Personally I feel that he should be given stick because his sentence was a joke when you consider a life was lost.

Look, I think that Hughes is a complete a*sehole of the first order and in a right and just society (which sadly this country is not anymore) he would have been banged up for a long time and had the key thrown away for good.

As it is, in this soft on crime country where the criminal seems to matter more than the victim he has now done his time - laughably short when you consider what happened and is now "back in society" once more.

Obviously the guy has to earn a living and Oldham have given him a chance to do that and thereby get back into football, rightly or wrongly depending on your point of view. He must have a couple of years left playing and in view of what happened, must surely have expected abuse from crowds when he started to play again and without a doubt, will get this wherever he plays for the rest of his time at whichever club he represents. Football is morally corrupt and you cannot tell me that if a convicted child molester came out of prison capable of scoring 20 odd goals a season that there would not be a club willing to take him on?

Hughes was a decent player before he went away and I am sure will do a job for Oldham now in the time he has left in the game. He is not a drain on the taxpayer (the best thing that can be said about the whole situation) and has been given the chance to get his life back in order by this club - sadly unlike the poor guy he killed. Verbal abuse from crowds is the least he can expect while playing and anybody who does not want to hear that from here on in should not attend any games that Hughes may play in from now till the day he retires.

Wondered if Mr.Martin felt let down by Blue Voice after what was percieved on the day to be that section where the abuse was coming from and hopefully you managed to put your slant on things.
I for one felt sorry for the chairman when the chant concerning the proceeds of the Eastwood transfer was called into question.
Obviously a fantastic boost to have the club's input to this new initiative as we near decision day for Fossett's Farm,it all feels like this club is progressing nicely which is an uplifting thought given the recent downturn in fortune on the pitch.
Congrats indeed Cricko,Smiffy et al.

Look, I think that Hughes is a complete a*sehole of the first order and in a right and just society (which sadly this country is not anymore) he would have been banged up for a long time and had the key thrown away for good.

As it is, in this soft on crime country where the criminal seems to matter more than the victim he has now done his time - laughably short when you consider what happened and is now "back in society" once more.

Obviously the guy has to earn a living and Oldham have given him a chance to do that and thereby get back into football, rightly or wrongly depending on your point of view. He must have a couple of years left playing and in view of what happened, must surely have expected abuse from crowds when he started to play again and without a doubt, will get this wherever he plays for the rest of his time at whichever club he represents. Football is morally corrupt and you cannot tell me that if a convicted child molester came out of prison capable of scoring 20 odd goals a season that there would not be a club willing to take him on?

Hughes was a decent player before he went away and I am sure will do a job for Oldham now in the time he has left in the game. He is not a drain on the taxpayer (the best thing that can be said about the whole situation) and has been given the chance to get his life back in order by this club - sadly unlike the poor guy he killed. Verbal abuse from crowds is the least he can expect while playing and anybody who does not want to hear that from here on in should not attend any games that Hughes may play in from now till the day he retires.

Come on mods, get that rep system going again. Top most mate, agree with pretty much everything you say.

Well if Ron had any sense he'd see he has a manager with no B plan when things go wrong, no bottle to change things quick when it's evident things are not working, and poor tactical decisions.

:(

Wondered if Mr.Martin felt let down by Blue Voice after what was percieved on the day to be that section where the abuse was coming from and hopefully you managed to put your slant on things.
I for one felt sorry for the chairman when the chant concerning the proceeds of the Eastwood transfer was called into question.
Obviously a fantastic boost to have the club's input to this new initiative as we near decision day for Fossett's Farm,it all feels like this club is progressing nicely which is an uplifting thought given the recent downturn in fortune on the pitch.
Congrats indeed Cricko,Smiffy et al.

I can answer a few of these points ..Yes Ron was not pleased with the chants as we were not,but as previously stated we cannot control what others sing and we did indeed put our slant on things to him.

Regarding the Eastwood money ...it has cost the club 2.6 million this year to drop out from the championship so his 1.5 dosent go that far baring in mind personel and running costs of the club have not changed much but gates are down. ...He freely admitted he would rather of kept him and stayed in the Championship than take the 1.5..... Ron Is taking this club forward no doubt and is 100% behind it and the fans and he has new players in mind to hopefully bring in shortly.

Well if Ron had any sense he'd see he has a manager with no B plan when things go wrong, no bottle to change things quick when it's evident things are not working, and poor tactical decisions.

Spot on, such a poor manager that has led us to two cup finals, two promotions, including a division title, a win over Manchester United, and a quarter final of the League Cup.

Yeah Tilson out.

Give it a rest TTK.

Come on mods, get that rep system going again. Top most mate, agree with pretty much everything you say.

Exactly a great post!! And maybe should be sent to the Echo.

Yawn .....

Alternatively, TTK, try this chain of reasoning:

RM is clearly dedicated to the good of the club (Fossets Farm, Answering all communication in person, supporting Blue Voice, etc).

RM is a pretty successful businessman with experience of forward planning and employing people to further that success.

RM thinks that Tilly and Brush are the duo to take the club forward - to the extent of tying them to four year contracts.

Perhaps - just perhaps, TTK - RM has a better idea of what is right for the club than you do??

RM is clearly dedicated to the good of the club (Fossets Farm, Answering all communication in person, supporting Blue Voice, etc).

RM is a pretty successful businessman with experience of forward planning and employing people to further that success.

RM thinks that Tilly and Brush are the duo to take the club forward - to the extent of tying them to four year contracts.

Perhaps - just perhaps, TTK - RM has a better idea of what is right for the club than you do??

A plea to the mods, please sort the rep out, well said.

Spot on, such a poor manager that has led us to two cup finals, two promotions, including a division title, a win over Manchester United, and a quarter final of the League Cup.

Yeah Tilson out.

Give it a rest TTK.

Success doesn't last forever. Things change in football, we can't keep living off these promotions and beating Man U.

The team and tactics are looking stale and tired, Tilly has run out of ideas.
We can look back with fond memories of trips to Cardiff, promotions and the like with Tilly. But times change.

There's a very good letter in tonights echo on page 63, by a chap called L.Greene from Southend. I'm not the only one that thinks we'll go no further with Tilson and Brush.

Perhaps TTK should be entitled to a say rather then you berate him on this why not try asking him more on what his views are based on?

*Edited*.....

Back