• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Meeting with Ron Martin

You didn't answer my question. However as you are a betting man I will lay you good odds that any successor will almost certainly come a cropper.

Tilly is often accused over his use of subs, but he has used them pretty effectively on many occasions, these of course are conveniently forgotten, when other times he may be slow in their use.

I don't believe he is guilty of favouritism, if this was the case why did he drop Maher earlier this season and why doesn't he restore Flahavan to the team.

We'll never know how Tilly's successor will do unless the chance arises to that man.

Can't remember many times the last two season where Tilly's subs have been useful?

It certainly took Tilly ages to see that Maher was poor.

Great job Smiffy and Cricko, delighted that RM is actually reconsidering the whole North Bank situation.

A shame others have felt the need to bring negativity to a thread which is a great step forward for the Southend Fan and the Blue Voice.

Good effort Cricko & Smithy, great to hear that Ron is behind TBV, and I especially that he will look into restoring the north bank for away fans.

Long may Ron, Tilly & Brush be at the Hall!

Haven't we seen enough negativity on these boards in recent days/weeks/months? I can't see what's wrong with a chairman actually meeting with the supporters of the club and allowing them to put their views across, yet there are people on here who always manage to turn things to suit their own agendas, namely the fact that they don't like Tilson, Maher, Flavs etc etc.

Good effort Cricko & Smithy, great to hear that Ron is behind TBV, and I especially that he will look into restoring the north bank for away fans.

Long may Ron, Tilly & Brush be at the Hall!

Ahem young Fred......HOME FANS :finger:

not negativity, debate I would say

Not when people are saying the north bank wont come back ever when the original post said RM will look into it. How many would have said it would even get that far.

Lets give him a chance and if it is a no then we can all show our expertise on the subject as to why but until then maybe we should just give him a chance.

We'll never know how Tilly's successor will do unless the chance arises to that man.

Can't remember many times the last two season where Tilly's subs have been useful?

It certainly took Tilly ages to see that Maher was poor.

But he was probably our best player last season at a higher level. Admittedly at tomes this season he has look very much out of sorts.

One thing that never ceases to surprise me about football supporters is that they demand undying, and unswerving loyalty from the management and players. Yet as soon as a run of bad form or results occur, or we are out classed and out financed in a higher division then the head of the manager is called for.

Surely loyalty is a two way street?

Can TTK have his own little forum for all his moanings?:guns:

No, people like him and Wiggy are needed when it comes to having a debate. I guess there's a time and a place and somehow a post detailing a meeting where Ron pledges to support TBV, a fans' initiative, and to investigate our return to the North Bank, as turned into slagging off Ron, Tilly and Kev Maher. :mad:

But he was probably our best player last season at a higher level. Admittedly at tomes this season he has look very much out of sorts.

One thing that never ceases to surprise me about football supporters is that they demand undying, and unswerving loyalty from the management and players. Yet as soon as a run of bad form or results occur, or we are out classed and out financed in a higher division then the head of the manager is called for.

Surely loyalty is a two way street?

To be honest on a whole, we've been poor this season and last.

No, people like him and Wiggy are needed when it comes to having a debate. I guess there's a time and a place and somehow a post detailing a meeting where Ron pledges to support TBV, a fans' initiative, and to investigate our return to the North Bank, as turned into slagging off Ron, Tilly and Kev Maher. :mad:

100% spot on *Sigh*:(

Well if Ron had any sense he'd see he has a manager with no B plan when things go wrong, no bottle to change things quick when it's evident things are not working, and poor tactical decisions.

If Ron read the shrimperzone, god know what he thought of TonyTheKray moaning about Tilson etc If Tony was an Chairman of SUFC, we would be back into the Conference in next few season.

Ok we can sack Tilson now, but we need a manager who win promotions, league champion and been to cup finals and cup runs without spending money on his CV, ok we have to re-appoint Tilson back!

PS: Credit to Cricko & Smiffy, great efforts in your meeting with Ron, I would give up East Stand for North Banks for next season, given the chance.

i think this all sounds positive and for one think we are in a transition period this season.....i also think Daggers are on for a tonking tomorrow and can't wait for the game personally.

mind you i am on my 3rd Magners + 2 glasses of wine....:D

i think this all sounds positive and for one think we are in a transition period this season.....i also think Daggers are on for a tonking tomorrow and can't wait for the game personally.

mind you i am on my 3rd Magners + 2 glasses of wine....:D

Wimp.....5 pints of snakebite.....w00p w00p....

Back