• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Meeting with Ron Martin

For a moment, at the start of this thread it was positive and then.....back to negative once again....

Should bode well for more booing and negative chanting again tomorrow then eh.

Success doesn't last forever. Things change in football, we can't keep living off these promotions and beating Man U.

The team and tactics are looking stale and tired, Tilly has run out of ideas.
We can look back with fond memories of trips to Cardiff, promotions and the like with Tilly. But times change.

There's a very good letter in tonights echo on page 63, by a chap called L.Greene from Southend. I'm not the only one that thinks we'll go no further with Tilson and Brush.

Indeed it doesn't, but overall we are in a much better position than we were 3 years ago. Both on the pitch and structurally as a club, which is a credit to Ron Martin, Steve Tilson et al.

I firmly believe in continuity, and don't believe changing the manager every time we have a run of bad results is good.

You are trenchant in your opinion and good luck to you, however I suggest you are in a minority.

Also Tony I asked you this the other night and you didn't answer. What happens when the bloke who you will have take over from Tilly fails? As our history will show he will.

Our club has only really had any solid base when we have had contiuity at the top, Arthur Rowley & Dave Smith, and the David Webb. Look at the dross we had post Webb.

For a moment, at the start of this thread it was positive and then.....back to negative once again....

Should bode well for more booing and negative chanting again tomorrow then eh.

I like the idea of RM going out and talking to the crowd before KO tomorrow - get the spirits up etc. But i do fear if we go one down early on things could get very out of hand again...perhaps worse than the Bristol match.

Time will tell...

Anyone want to give me odds on Macca giving one of the boo boys in the west stand a kung fu kick aka Cantona style? :D I'll bail him out of jail of course ;)

Indeed it doesn't, but overall we are in a much better position than we were 3 years ago. Both on the pitch and structurally as a club, which is a credit to Ron Martin, Steve Tilson et al.

I firmly believe in continuity, and don't believe changing the manager every time we have a run of bad results is good.

You are trenchant in your opinion and good luck to you, however I suggest you are in a minority.

Also Tony I asked you this the other night and you didn't answer. What happens when the bloke who you will have take over from Tilly fails? As our history will show he will.

Our club has only really had any solid base when we have had contiuity at the top, Arthur Rowley & Dave Smith, and the David Webb. Look at the dross we had post Webb.

How will we know if Tilly's successor will fail?

I wish Tilly would cut out all the excuses after a defeat.

He's so scared at changing things. Watch him when he's trying to sort out a sub, he makes note after note on his writing pad. It's like he's so unsure about whether to make a sub or not, thats why it takes him so long.

All the times last season when we brought everyone back to defend a corner, where did it get us? 17 games without a win as well! When we had enough in the dressing room to stay up!

The last two season's the team spirit has gone, the togetherness has gone, the pride to wear the shirt has gone.

Tilson sticks by his fav players who are really not upto the task.

Great news!! Im surprised to hear that Ron visits the zone, although I suppose it makes sence to!! Sounds like a very good meeting, with a few good things comming out of it. The fact he wants to back the blue voice financially is fantastic!! Good on you RM!!

Great news!! Im surprised to hear that Ron visits the zone, although I suppose it makes sence to!! Sounds like a very good meeting, with a few good things comming out of it. The fact he wants to back the blue voice financially is fantastic!! Good on you RM!!

The only way we'll get the atmosphere back at Roots Hall is to give us back the north bank and make it sit where you want. I can't see that happening.

Or make the north bank a terrace again, and again, that's not going to happen.

Simple as!

How will we know if Tilly's successor will fail?

I wish Tilly would cut out all the excuses after a defeat.

He's so scared at changing things. Watch him when he's trying to sort out a sub, he makes note after note on his writing pad. It's like he's so unsure about whether to make a sub or not, thats why it takes him so long.

All the times last season when we brought everyone back to defend a corner, where did it get us? 17 games without a win as well! When we had enough in the dressing room to stay up!

The last two season's the team spirit has gone, the togetherness has gone, the pride to wear the shirt has gone.

Tilson sticks by his fav players who are really not upto the task.

You didn't answer my question. However as you are a betting man I will lay you good odds that any successor will almost certainly come a cropper.

Tilly is often accused over his use of subs, but he has used them pretty effectively on many occasions, these of course are conveniently forgotten, when other times he may be slow in their use.

I don't believe he is guilty of favouritism, if this was the case why did he drop Maher earlier this season and why doesn't he restore Flahavan to the team.

Perhaps TTK should be entitled to a say rather then you berate him on this why not try asking him more on what his views are based on?

When and where have I berated him and denied him a say? He has posted a controversial viewpoint, and I have very simply asked him to look at it from another viewpoint. Exactly what this board is all about.

The only way we'll get the atmosphere back at Roots Hall is to give us back the north bank and make it sit where you want. I can't see that happening.

Or make the north bank a terrace again, and again, that's not going to happen.

Simple as!

Good grief, how can you blame the club for doing as they are told by all seated stadia and no standing and having to know where people sit. ....The fact is ...Getting us back to the North Bank is being discussed the rest I am afraid is out of the Clubs hands..

When Tilly took over we were staring at the Conference.
2.5 seasons later we are in the Championship.You won't get better than that.Anyone think of the last time that happened?
Understandably,we were relegated.Along lets not forget with a super-power in Leeds United.
With our finances still recovering from those dark times in L2 in my opinion we are doing amazingly well and have a good levelling base in L1 to work from.

Our manager has more experience and is prepared to go long haul with us,we are verging on a super stadium,our fan base has doubled and we have experienced shock cup runs,cup finals,promotion,league winners and financial stability all since Tilson took over with Brush.

I fully support the management in what they are trying to succeed in and am prepared to wait longer for more success on and off the pitch if need be.
Can they lift the recent gloom? Of course they can.

Gloom my fellow Shrimpers,is where we were when Tilson took over.
He deserves that chance to put us on the road and as such will always command my respect.

Good grief, how can you blame the club for doing as they are told by all seated stadia and no standing and having to know where people sit. ....The fact is ...Getting us back to the North Bank is being discussed the rest I am afraid is out of the Clubs hands..

doubt we would be allowed anyway old bill will have to much to say on it

Back