• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This time last year we had two signed Wordsworth and Mooney, we have the same now. (It was this week we signed them both ) so much for signing them early like unlike previous seasons. The second point is we also had Payne, Bentley and Worral in the squad. My personally opinion is that at this stage, we are in a far worse position than we were last year, and that's with the reassurance that we won't be making the same mistakes .... Anyway Moan over

As moans go that was relatively balanced and well argued.

Ridiculous.

Hash tag: Musttryharder

I can't believe we've managed 58 pages of talk, and only two transfers have taken place.

It's frustrating looking around and finding clubs doing good business. There have been a lot of names I'd like to see on a Southend shirt.

Even Nicky Clark, who a majority thought wouldn't be a good signing opted to sign elsewhere over us...

It must be a tough climate for our little ol' SUFC.

I can't believe we've managed 58 pages of talk, and only two transfers have taken place.

It's frustrating looking around and finding clubs doing good business. There have been a lot of names I'd like to see on a Southend shirt.

Even Nicky Clark, who a majority thought wouldn't be a good signing opted to sign elsewhere over us...

We clearly are not willing to break the bank (its already broken tbh) and rightly so. I also think some of the players we have missed out on is due to location too. Would like a couple more in...sharpish but so many players being touted around. Look at Dan Bentley....signed for who???
Patience often the word, especially with the type of players we are after.

We clearly are not willing to break the bank (its already broken tbh) and rightly so. I also think some of the players we have missed out on is due to location too. Would like a couple more in...sharpish but so many players being touted around. Look at Dan Bentley....signed for who???
Patience often the word, especially with the type of players we are after.

think the location thing is an important factor. The two we have signed are both southern based boys so were happy to sign, mcglashan I assume will not have to move and the other lad wanted to be back home nearer London. The likes of Clark and Kirkland are northern based players so it will take a very attractive ££ offer to persuade them to sign, something I guess we struggle to offer.

We have this every year, everyone panics then we sign players and get on with the season.

This is the week there is more movement as contracts come to an end on Thursday and players return from holidays etc.

And players due to report back next Monday. Expect more movement in the next 10 days or so.

Yep 58 pages of why haven't we signed any players turned to why have we only signed 2 so far. When we sign our next player will it be why only 3?

As it stands I believe he's a free agent. Apparently Phil Parkinson offered him a crap deal before he moved to Bolton, knowing full well he'd reject it so that he could resign him at Bolton. Not sure whether there's much truth in that, but it's the rumour doing the rounds.
Jamie Proctor has apparently already held talks with Parkinson, I'd imagine Proctor will be one of our first signings providing we get the embargo lifted, which could be today.

*Southend are apparently interested in him too.

Yep 58 pages of why haven't we signed any players turned to why have we only signed 2 so far. When we sign our next player will it be why only 3?

Yep I for one will have a slight wobbler given we need 2 centre backs, at least 2 strikers and maybe one more midfield. In fact I may still be erring on the slightly depressed when we get to 4 signings, given we are not just behind where we were last year, but as usual not living up to Phils clear statement about getting em in early to settle in, and also seem to miss out on practically every other target that the massive clubs like Bury, Gillingham ,Shrewsbury et el, seem to be able to pick up with ease!

Jamie Proctor has apparently already held talks with Parkinson, I'd imagine Proctor will be one of our first signings providing we get the embargo lifted, which could be today.

*Southend are apparently interested in him too.

Further to my post on the Hunt thread looks like that fake account gets his info here as well (not surprising seeing how much Southend stuff he posts)

Yep I for one will have a slight wobbler given we need 2 centre backs, at least 2 strikers and maybe one more midfield. In fact I may still be erring on the slightly depressed when we get to 4 signings, given we are not just behind where we were last year, but as usual not living up to Phils clear statement about getting em in early to settle in, and also seem to miss out on practically every other target that the massive clubs like Bury, Gillingham ,Shrewsbury et el, seem to be able to pick up with ease!

PB said he wanted the majority of his business done in time for the return to pre-season training on the 4th July (Next Monday). Yes, we only have two through the door at present, and it's obvious we need another 4/5/6 players.

It doesn't matter if they sign in May, June or even start of July, they still don't meet up with the squad until the 4th July, so although the clubs you've mentioned have signed players earlier than us, they aren't any further along in terms of intergrating them into the current squad.

In fact, Bury have signed 5 or 6 players in the last few days, and they have returned to pre-season training today. I fully expect we will have a spurt of signings in the remainder of this week.

This week is notoriously busy in terms of signings for clubs as players contracts run out on Thursday, and we pre-season starting for the majority of clubs early July, players panic and then sign for clubs ahead of pre-season.

Heard that several L1 & L2 clubs as well as Rangers are looking at El Bakhtaoui of Dunfermline, wonder if we're one?

on Friday is the 1st of july when contracts run out .Hopefully more new faces will come in after then .Maybe from Monday on wards.

I'm not normally one to get to flustered, but I am beginning to loose a bit of confidence in our managements ability to entice players to this club, not just brown this is from the chairman down.... I can't help feeling you reep the seats you sow in football, and our chickens are coming well and truly home to roost

Well with PB away at the moment it doesn't look like any more signings will be happening just yet!

Back