• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm not normally one to get to flustered, but I am beginning to loose a bit of confidence in our managements ability to entice players to this club, not just brown this is from the chairman down.... I can't help feeling you reep the seats you sow in football, and our chickens are coming well and truly home to roost

Surely not?

With pre season due to start how on earth can Phil brown go away for a short break .Surly he had a holiday while the players were away .He needs to be bringing in players not having short breaks .

Things will kick off (No pun intended!) after today because most players contracts are on their last day unless they have renewed or have contracts longer than 12 months. We have signed 4 players in the last couple of days and our last 3 players who have not agreed new deals are likely to sign up today or tomorrow. Hopefully we will both see a few more new faces in the next few days.

Most clubs have started to report back for pre season.

We currently have a very disjointed team with possibly about 5 players to bring in.

Surely you are not surprised comrades, it the same every close season......

With pre season due to start how on earth can Phil brown go away for a short break .Surly he had a holiday while the players were away .He needs to be bringing in players not having short breaks .

Probably had to take his more important media commitments into account !

As far as I understand it he has a phone and its working. Contract are negotiated by SK, PB can talk to people/players as required.

Local press in Shrewsbury seem to think the second striker mentioned by PB is Barnett and we are back in- this would suggest a fee if not the 100k then at least in the 50-75k range.. maybe Dan going to Brentford rather than say Rangers frees up a modest investment. I wouldn't want to rely on Tyrone every game but if we end up with Barnett, Mooney, Hunt and someone decent (maybe Brown), with Williams as the fifth striker whilst not ideal the someone decent (maybe Brown) would be a step forward. Two steps if also Hunt could stay fit (fitter). Lets see- its a moving feast..

Probably gone to Brazil with Rigsby.

I agree that Tyrone Barnett is a good striker when he is motivated.

But I was rather hoping Phil Brown was interested in one of Blackpool's expensive but underperforming strikers - Mark Cullen or Danny Philliskirk. They may be available at relatively modest fees. Sometimes, for a variety of reasons, it just does not work out for players at certain clubs and then they go on to do very well at another club.

Port Vale seem to have gone the foreign route to bring in a couple as have Huddersfield ( I know not in our league ) to surround Jack Payne. Meanwhile 18 players snapped up from the Conference from league1 and 2 clubs.
47 players snapped up by just 8 clubs in our league, with Fleetwood on 8, Bury look to have 7 reasonable signings ( not sure why they need 2 more goalies ) Northampton 7 , Shrewsbury 7 Peterborough .5 , Chesterfield 5 , Charlton 4 ( look a real threat with Novak, Ajose and Holmes joining them? Worth a fiver? And Oxford 4 . Still some comfort as 4 clubs signed less than us as pre season about to get underway

I agree that Tyrone Barnett is a good striker when he is motivated.

But I was rather hoping Phil Brown was interested in one of Blackpool's expensive but underperforming strikers - Mark Cullen or Danny Philliskirk. They may be available at relatively modest fees. Sometimes, for a variety of reasons, it just does not work out for players at certain clubs and then they go on to do very well at another club.

I am not sure there is any real evidence that Blackpool want to get rid of these two. Also not sure they are based on their performances last year an upgrade on say Barnett or Chris Brown (or Forte for that matter). If I was going to L2 I would be focussing on Rueben Reid who is out of contract.

Barnett blows hot and cold,Mooney hasn`t impressed ,Hunt always injured and Williams not up to it yet. Doesn`t sound much of a strike force to me.
Local press in Shrewsbury seem to think the second striker mentioned by PB is Barnett and we are back in- this would suggest a fee if not the 100k then at least in the 50-75k range.. maybe Dan going to Brentford rather than say Rangers frees up a modest investment. I wouldn't want to rely on Tyrone every game but if we end up with Barnett, Mooney, Hunt and someone decent (maybe Brown), with Williams as the fifth striker whilst not ideal the someone decent (maybe Brown) would be a step forward. Two steps if also Hunt could stay fit (fitter). Lets see- its a moving feast..

Well, here we are then - July at last.

The transfers will come flooding in ......... any day now ......... well, perhaps the next couple of weeks then ....:unsure:

Having read the article, it's complete guess work that the second striker is Barnett.

The description could fit 100's of strikers, but like us, they have guessed at it and decided it's Barnett.

Could easily be Barnett, but could easily be any number of strikers out there.

Back