• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Certainly the best film of the year for me, although I haven't seen Manchester by the Sea yet.

That hasn't opened here yet but is also on my to see list.Bit early to talk about films of the year but I really liked the Jeff Bridges Oscar nominated film Hell or High water.

Best British film though had to be Ken Loach's I,Daniel Blake.

Still on my John Schlensinger kick, saw Midnight Cowboy and A kind of Loving again yesterday.

While JS will undoubtedly be remembered for MC I happen to think his first British film is his best.

That hasn't opened here yet but is also on my to see list.Bit early to talk about films of the year but I really liked the Jeff Bridges Oscar nominated film Hell or High water.

Best British film though had to be Ken Loach's I,Daniel Blake.

I'm talking award season year rather than calendar year.

Legend (2015)
Yet another Krays biopic. Bit of a mess of a film, pretty much rescued by Tom Hardy's fantastic performance as both Kray twins. Hardy's portrayal of Ronnie is the best big screen comedy performance I've seen in many a year. Not actually sure if it's supposed to be that funny. 6/10 for the film, 9/10 for Tom Hardy.

La La land.

Absolute tosh.0/10.

“For those who like that sort of thing," said Miss Brodie in her best Edinburgh voice, "That is the sort of thing they like.” Muriel Spark.The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.

Made me pine for Coppola's One from the Heart.

Watched Finding Dory last night, first Disney film in absolutely years that didn't make me cry! :stunned:

Back