• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 General Election thread

You couldn't manage to finish the first sentence without mentioning the Tories followed by your usual attempt to avoid subjects that are to difficult for you.
what a ridiculous thing to say, I have no intention of stopping talking about the Tories at the very point they are teetering on the edge of collapse.

'avoid subjects that are difficult for you', I'll repeat the question:

you have been an ex Labour voter for a very long time it seems - when was the last time you voted Labour and what was it that inspired you to do so?

what a ridiculous thing to say, I have no intention of stopping talking about the Tories at the very point they are teetering on the edge of collapse.

'avoid subjects that are difficult for you', I'll repeat the question:

you have been an ex Labour voter for a very long time it seems - when was the last time you voted Labour and what was it that inspired you to do so?

Which is fine. But don't then have a go at others for continuing to mention labour's issues, especially now that they have a very loud racist element.

rigsby can you please send to David Davis your proof that 17m wanted immigration cut? At least that's a starting point for him in negotiations as no one else has been able to decipher what Brexit means or what people who voted for it want.

Which is fine. But don't then have a go at others for continuing to mention labour's issues, especially now that they have a very loud racist element.
people like you and Rigsby spend so much time attacking a party that you apparently used to support and so much time deflecting attention from criticism of the government that you sort of maybe don't support and I'm willing to debate that with you.

But he keeps accusing people of avoiding questions and I've asked him the same question twice and I hope he eventually answers as it will give context and understanding of his position - which is valuable in these debates.

people like you and Rigsby spend so much time attacking a party that you apparently used to support and so much time deflecting attention from criticism of the government that you sort of maybe don't support and I'm willing to debate that with you.

But he keeps accusing people of avoiding questions and I've asked him the same question twice and I hope he eventually answers as it will give context and understanding of his position - which is valuable in these debates.

There's no apparently about it. Up until recently I'd voted labour all my life. I have a right, and I think the whole country has a duty, to attack an organisation for being racist. You had a go at me for banging on about it, but apparently the same rule doesn't apply to you.

I also haven't deflected any criticism of the tories. As I said, you're perfectly within your rights to attack them, but don't then have a go at people for doing much the same thing. You wouldn't want to be accused of being a hypocrite would you?

There's no apparently about it. Up until recently I'd voted labour all my life. I have a right, and I think the whole country has a duty, to attack an organisation for being racist. You had a go at me for banging on about it, but apparently the same rule doesn't apply to you.

I also haven't deflected any criticism of the tories. As I said, you're perfectly within your rights to attack them, but don't then have a go at people for doing much the same thing. You wouldn't want to be accused of being a hypocrite would you?
I've been accused of a lot worse unfounded things on here than hypocrisy so I just shrug that one off as a generic slur.
Always good to hear when someone is passionate about anti-racism, is this something you have been involved in for a number of years or something you are new to? Has your passion for it seen involvement in any campaigns or action or is it just a Shrimperzone thing?

Lets make this nice and simple...Did Labour said they would end freedom of movement as part of their Brexit deal ?

Can you answer without mentioning the Tories.

Yes.But inevitably there will have to be some sort of deal made eg freedom of movement for labour ie you'll be entitled to come and work in the UK as long as you''ve been offered a job.I'd imagine that both Labour and the Tories would sign up for this.

Yes.But inevitably there will have to be some sort of deal made eg freedom of movement for labour ie you'll be entitled to come and work in the UK as long as you''ve been offered a job.I'd imagine that both Labour and the Tories would sign up for this.

Now we are getting somewhere.

I don't now anyone who doesn't want controls on Immigration.......Not my words but those of Ian Hislop on BBC 2 last night, Who should we let in. From a liberal left man on the liberal left BBC.

Therefore freedom of movement is no longer an option under Brexit. If that means no trade deal then that has to be the price.

So back to post 1721 by ***.... utter nonsense and follow ups by Man in a bubble, sorry suitcase. both the Tories and Labour can and will have to reduce immigration if they want to govern the country.

No matter how many times *** tries to avoid the subject by answering with a question

I don't now anyone who doesn't want controls on Immigration.......Not my words but those of Ian Hislop on BBC 2 last night, Who should we let in. From a liberal left man on the liberal left BBC.

Therefore freedom of movement is no longer an option under Brexit. If that means no trade deal then that has to be the price.
So back to post 1721 by ***.... utter nonsense and follow ups by Man in a bubble, sorry suitcase. both the Tories and Labour can and will have to reduce immigration if they want to govern the country.

At some point those 17m (assuming they all voted purely on immigration and not lies about NHS funding and bendy bananas) may realise what they've been sold by the members of an elite who have been more than happy to let nasty tanned foreigners take the blame for the impacts of policies and funding cuts made purely to further their own ideologies.

I wonder who the next scapegoat will be for people not getting a proper payrise and for underfunded schools and hospitals.

Now we are getting somewhere.

No matter how many times *** tries to avoid the subject by answering with a question

Eh? I pulled you up for just making stuff up, so don't try and drag me in to a different argument.

Yes only your research from your source can be fact. Anyone else should be dismissed or denounced because less face it our liberal left are far more equal than others.

So do you think the 17m that voted out want immigration reduced.

"You can prove anything with facts, can't you!"

For me, the real question here should be why do "75% of the population" actually want immigration reduced? It it wages, jobs, the economy, housing? What are your main factors rigsby?

"You can prove anything with facts, can't you!"

For me, the real question here should be why do "75% of the population" actually want immigration reduced? It it wages, jobs, the economy, housing? What are your main factors rigsby?

Reduced or Controlled?

I've been accused of a lot worse unfounded things on here than hypocrisy so I just shrug that one off as a generic slur.
Always good to hear when someone is passionate about anti-racism, is this something you have been involved in for a number of years or something you are new to? Has your passion for it seen involvement in any campaigns or action or is it just a Shrimperzone thing?

Not unfounded at all.

Frankly the rest is none of your business.

At some point those 17m (assuming they all voted purely on immigration and not lies about NHS funding and bendy bananas) may realise what they've been sold by the members of an elite who have been more than happy to let nasty tanned foreigners take the blame for the impacts of policies and funding cuts made purely to further their own ideologies.

I wonder who the next scapegoat will be for people not getting a proper payrise and for underfunded schools and hospitals.

Everyone who voted Brexit is happy because they knew exactly what they were voting for. Remainers on the other hand were easily fooled by project fear. Now I know its been embarrassing for many reamainers.....No WW3, no financial meltdown, No house price collapse, No surge in immigration to beat a cut off date, more people coming to Britain on Holiday, USA putting to the top of their trading list, NHS not grinding to a halt, Known terrorists will be stopped from entering Britain and even the Labour party agrees that freedom of movement must end.

And guess what when we stop our annual EU payments who ever is in charge can spend that money on where they see fit....Like £350m per week on the NHS.

Probably why lots of people who voted remain have now seen the light and admitted their mistake. Others who are blinded by left wing ideology would rather the whole country suffers than Brexit be a success. The sad thing is that would hurt those at the bottom the most, including immigrants. Then again as we know from this very forum the Liberal left are the modern version of middle class, who have always deep down despised the working class.

Last edited:
Everyone who voted Brexit is happy because they knew exactly what they were voting for. Remainers on the other hand were easily fooled by project fear. Now I know its been embarrassing for many reamainers.....No WW3, no financial meltdown, No house price collapse, No surge in immigration to beat a cut off date, more people coming to Britain on Holiday, USA putting to the top of their trading list, NHS not grinding to a halt, Known terrorists will be stooped from entering Britain and even the Labour party agrees that freedom of movement must end.

And guess what when we stop our annual EU payments who ever is in charge can spend that money on where they see fit....Like £126m per week on the NHS.

Probably why lots of people who voted remain have now seen the light and admitted their mistake. Others who are blinded by left wing ideology would rather the whole country suffers than Brexit be a success. The sad thing is that would hurt those at the bottom the most, including immigrants. Then again as we know from this very forum the Liberal left are the modern version of middle class, who have always deep down despised the working class.

Thought I would correct your amount for you as it was wrong.

rigsby said reduced, so lets go with that.

I want it controlled which would of course reduce the amount of people arriving. No one I know who voted Brexit wants immigration to end as claimed by the left.

Australian or New Zealand points system gets my vote or temporary 2 year working visas. Two of her ladyships children are currently in Australia and they have had to work on a farm for 3 months as part of the deal. This would solve the problem of fruit farmers etc who struggle to find enough snowflakes who are capable of a days work.

Back