• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Floyd - McGregor confirmed :dim:

I have now words for it

An embarrassment to boxing. Like I've said before when Mayweather destroys McGregor in spectacular fashion he will remain 49-0 with 1 exhibition win.

He's done this on purpose to take all the attention away from GGG vs Canelo and fuel fire to his long running dislike of De La Hoya.

Will I watch it? Yes! Will I pay for it, no bloody way! Luckily I'm in the Falklands that day and all PPV fights are shown free out there. My hard earned cash would never go towards this absolute **** show. But I can't wait to see McGregor sparked out!

An embarrassment to boxing. Like I've said before when Mayweather destroys McGregor in spectacular fashion he will remain 49-0 with 1 exhibition win.

He's done this on purpose to take all the attention away from GGG vs Canelo and fuel fire to his long running dislike of De La Hoya.

Will I watch it? Yes! Will I pay for it, no bloody way! Luckily I'm in the Falklands that day and all PPV fights are shown free out there. My hard earned cash would never go towards this absolute **** show. But I can't wait to see McGregor sparked out!

Speculation is that each fighter will net $100m - this is an insane amount, especially as you say it probably won't last long.

Hopefully McGregor will get KO'd in R1 and it will scupper any future freak shows..

Speculation is that each fighter will net $100m - this is an insane amount, especially as you say it probably won't last long.

Hopefully McGregor will get KO'd in R1 and it will scupper any future freak shows..

This isn't the first time a circus event like this has happened and won't be the last. In June 1976 the late great Muhammad Ali fought Antonio Inoki who a Japanese wrestler. This was fought in an MMA style fight and was a complete and utter embarrassment. I'm sure Ali having known the outcome would've decided against doing an exhibition match like that.

Problem with the Mayweather bout is that he will win and very easily and then will claim that's his 50th win. To have his 50th win against a UFC fighter in a boxing ring just makes it a joke. If he wanted the respect and a proper 50-0 win he needed to fight someone decent. A rematch with Canelo would've been a great fight but he wouldn't take it because he would lose. He waited until Pacquiao was on the come down to have that fight. Everything seems to have been a little easy for Floyd, I'm not saying he's ducked or isn't a great fighter but he takes the fights when he knows the win is his. If he is at risk he won't take the fight.

Final point and this is exactly what this fight is about! Money, he's not called Money Mayweather for no reason. He knows for his 50th fight no fight will get him more money than a circus like this. I personally can't see him making the same money he made against the Pacquiao fight but he won't be far off. McGregor will never make anything near the money in UFC he will earn for this fight.

And a side but also funny note is that Dana White the deluded idiot who runs UFC thinks this is his show. No no no my friend, when someone like Floyd Mayweather is involved there is only one person calling all the shots and that's him. You can think what you want but he holds all the cards and you are just his puppet.

I would like to hope there isn't any deluded idiots on here. But just incase there is here is a bit of perspective for you:

This really is a joke fight and anyone who pays for it needs their head examining. There's a video clip of CM sparing doing the rounds on Twitter (I think it's a couple of years old), but he literally can't land one punch on the guys that he's sparring with (who I think was European level).

It's all about the money and you can't blame them. The fight will be sold brilliantly no doubt, but I'd sooner save my money for GGG / Canelo or Haye / Bellew rematch.

This really is a joke fight and anyone who pays for it needs their head examining. There's a video clip of CM sparing doing the rounds on Twitter (I think it's a couple of years old), but he literally can't land one punch on the guys that he's sparring with (who I think was European level).

It's all about the money and you can't blame them. The fight will be sold brilliantly no doubt, but I'd sooner save my money for GGG / Canelo or Haye / Bellew rematch.

See my above post!

Furthermore on a day of craziness in boxing Deontay Wilder has been arrested and charged with possession of marijuana.

What's on the undercard for Mayweather/McGregor? Is Andy Murray playing ping-pong against Rory McIlroy? Is Theo Walcott going to race a leopard?

What's on the undercard for Mayweather/McGregor? Is Andy Murray playing ping-pong against Rory McIlroy? Is Theo Walcott going to race a leopard?

All joking aside the undercard will be a hell of a lot more exiting than the main event. It's already been confirmed that Mayweathers biggest prospect in his stable will be on the undercard Gervonta Davis. He became a world champion at 22 after beating José Pedraza quite easily. Something that was a big step up for him and he showed his talent.

Also Badou Jack will no doubt be on the undercard who is a decent fighter. He has recently vacated his super middle belt to move up to light heavy. It won't be a worldy of a fight but it will be his first test at light heavy and will be interesting to see how he gets on. He beat George Groves in a world title fight and drew with James DeGale in his last bout.

I just hope they don't make it even more of a circus by matching these guys up with UFC fighters. I had heard a rumour that David Haye was looking to get on the bill to fight a UFC fighter. I hope this isn't the case any respect he has earned from the Bellew defeat would be well and truly lost if he does that.

Yes Mayweather kept Pacman waiting 6 years for that fight and only toom it when he knew Pacman had an injured shoulder, the tear in the super spinater or whatever was true and its very painful as i suffered the same injury when i fell off a truck whilst working , it took 4 years for mine to heal as i wouldnt have an op.Anyway Pacman fights Jeff Horn on July 2nd in Brisbane,and he is ready and definitely not past it,only thing im worried about is home town decisions ,unlike Mayweather who only ever fought in his own backyard ,Pacman will fight in other peoples backyard and always provides a good show .

Yes Mayweather kept Pacman waiting 6 years for that fight and only toom it when he knew Pacman had an injured shoulder, the tear in the super spinater or whatever was true and its very painful as i suffered the same injury when i fell off a truck whilst working , it took 4 years for mine to heal as i wouldnt have an op.

So are you saying he was already injured going into the fight? Because IIRC Pac said he hurt the shoulder during the fourth round. If he went into the fight carrying the injury, then he's got no grounds to whinge.

Anyway Pacman fights Jeff Horn on July 2nd in Brisbane,and he is ready and definitely not past it,only thing im worried about is home town decisions

He fights Jeff Horn, a 17-fight Domestic/European level operator, who is used to running over bums. Looking at it objectively, if Pac wasn't past it, why isn't he challenging the likes of Thurman, Garcia, Peterson, Spence, Khan, or Brook? I'd have even liked to have seen him slug it out against Lucas Matthysse.

unlike Mayweather who only ever fought in his own backyard ,Pacman will fight in other peoples backyard and always provides a good show .

Again, let's be objective, Floyd's resume is stacked. Regardless of which countries he's fought in, he's faced & beat current & future hall of famers such as Canelo, Miguel Cotto, Carlos Baldomir, Hatton, Shane Moseley, Luis Castillo, JMM, ODLH, Zab Judah, Arturo Gatti, Diego Corrales, Jesus Chavez,

While Pac's resume also features Cotto, JMM, Hatton & ODLH, his only additions which are hall of famers, are Erik Morales & Marco Antinio Barrera.

I know you like Pac, but Mayweather is and always has been the superior fighter out of the two.

All joking aside the undercard will be a hell of a lot more exiting than the main event. It's already been confirmed that Mayweathers biggest prospect in his stable will be on the undercard Gervonta Davis. He became a world champion at 22 after beating José Pedraza quite easily. Something that was a big step up for him and he showed his talent.

Also Badou Jack will no doubt be on the undercard who is a decent fighter. He has recently vacated his super middle belt to move up to light heavy. It won't be a worldy of a fight but it will be his first test at light heavy and will be interesting to see how he gets on. He beat George Groves in a world title fight and drew with James DeGale in his last bout.

I just hope they don't make it even more of a circus by matching these guys up with UFC fighters. I had heard a rumour that David Haye was looking to get on the bill to fight a UFC fighter. I hope this isn't the case any respect he has earned from the Bellew defeat would be well and truly lost if he does that.

Davis seems a good prospect, and his career is moving along well. I only got wise to him fairly recently, and having done some research, I'm interested to see how he goes. Would like to see him in with Walters at some point, and eventually Lomachenko, unless he moves up.

Not convinced with Jack though. He's not crap, he's just not great. He's a decent, but mediocre fighter to me

Davis seems a good prospect, and his career is moving along well. I only got wise to him fairly recently, and having done some research, I'm interested to see how he goes. Would like to see him in with Walters at some point, and eventually Lomachenko, unless he moves up.

Not convinced with Jack though. He's not crap, he's just not great. He's a decent, but mediocre fighter to me

He won't risk putting him in with Lomachenko, I could see a fight with Walters or Salido. But I think Floyd will push him to go up a weight to avoid Loma. He loses to Lomachenko who in my eyes is the best p4p fighter.

A name that I would like to see in with Loma is Rigo who won a very controversial KO on Saturday with a punch after the bell. It should've been a NC but let's be honest Rigo would've destroyed him anyway. He was struggling in the first so it was only going to continue even after the stoppage.

I see Wilder has been offered $4m to fight Whyte and has said no wants that doubled. As he was offered AJ at $8m and now Hearn is changing the goalposts and offering him his other fighters. Wilder hasn't exactly set the world alight but he beats Whyte quite convincingly. It wouldn't do him any harm to jump in with him smash him and then get the AJ fight after.

He won't risk putting him in with Lomachenko, I could see a fight with Walters or Salido. But I think Floyd will push him to go up a weight to avoid Loma. He loses to Lomachenko who in my eyes is the best p4p fighter.

Loma will move up soon, as It makes financial sense. Some cracking fights for him at lightweight.

A name that I would like to see in with Loma is Rigo who won a very controversial KO on Saturday with a punch after the bell. It should've been a NC but let's be honest Rigo would've destroyed him anyway. He was struggling in the first so it was only going to continue even after the stoppage.

Yeah I watched it, Personally I have to agree with Malignaggi & say the Mexican took a dive, so although a NC would/should have normally been the correct decision, I can't abide cheaters, so I'm glad Rigo got awarded the stoppage. Rigo Loma would be good. Shame his deal with Warren fell through, otherwise I *reckon* Ol' fish eyes Warren could have delivered him a big fight.

*maybe

I see Wilder has been offered $4m to fight Whyte and has said no wants that doubled. As he was offered AJ at $8m and now Hearn is changing the goalposts and offering him his other fighters. Wilder hasn't exactly set the world alight but he beats Whyte quite convincingly. It wouldn't do him any harm to jump in with him smash him and then get the AJ fight after.

I'd say Whyte gives him a tough fight TBH. I'm still not convinced that Wilder is an elite level fighter. He's the worst of the current Champions anyway. Whyte is fairly durable, and does carry some danger. Don't think it's so cut and dry really. The more I think about it, the more I'd fancy Whyte in that one TBH, which is weird, because I wouldn't rate Whyte more than a decent European level challenger

Last edited by a moderator:
Loma will move up soon, as It makes financial sense. Some cracking fights for him at lightweight.

Yeah I watched it, Personally I have to agree with Malignaggi & say the Mexican took a dive, so although a NC would/should have normally been the correct decision, I can't abide cheaters, so I'm glad Rigo got awarded the stoppage. Rigo Loma would be good. Shame his deal with Warren fell through, otherwise I *reckon* Ol' fish eyes Warren could have delivered him a big fight.

*maybe

I'd say Whyte gives him a tough fight TBH. I'm still not convinced that Wilder is an elite level fighter. He's the worst of the current Champions anyway. Whyte is fairly durable, and does carry some danger. Don't think it's so cut and dry really. The more I think about it, the more I'd fancy Whyte in that one TBH, which is weird, because I wouldn't rate Whyte more than a decent European level challenger

For me Whyte needs to prove the doubters (which I am one) and have a second fight against Chisora.

I disagree slightly that Wilder is the worst if you saw Parker's last fight then you would change your mind. It was pretty embarrassing for someone who is wearing one of the big straps. I know Wilder can be as his name states Wild and it does look like he does the old Freddie Flintoff at times but his power is huge and I think Whyte will struggle with that. Wilder beats Parker too, unfortunately he won't risk his belt with someone of any worth an Ortiz, Fury, Fury, Klitschko or Joshua because he knows he will lose so he's looking for the big money or just fight bums to pad his record.

Watched the Next Gen show last night and Josh Kelly really is a specia talent. I know at this level they fight Hungarian taxi drivers and Czech bouncers but this kid looks the business.

Watched the Next Gen show last night and Josh Kelly really is a specia talent. I know at this level they fight Hungarian taxi drivers and Czech bouncers but this kid looks the business.

Like you said, the opposition isn't good, so it's hard to get a read on his ability. That's what's frustrating with Hearn's fighters, his matchmaking team can make the fighters look like P4P greats. Remember when Luke Campbell was gunna be the next big thing?

Like you said, the opposition isn't good, so it's hard to get a read on his ability. That's what's frustrating with Hearn's fighters, his matchmaking team can make the fighters look like P4P greats. Remember when Luke Campbell was gunna be the next big thing?

Still good to see these youngsters given an opportunity and you've got to hand it to Hearn look at what he's done with Joshua. He's a superstar!

I won tickets through BoxNation for the fight night on 8th July at the Copperbox. With Yarde, Skeete on the card. Who I am most looking forward to seeing is Hughie Fury in his comeback and also seeing Daniel Dubois. Hoping I might manage to bump into Tyson whilst I am there. It's my first Frank Warren event.

Still good to see these youngsters given an opportunity and you've got to hand it to Hearn look at what he's done with Joshua. He's a superstar!

I won tickets through BoxNation for the fight night on 8th July at the Copperbox. With Yarde, Skeete on the card. Who I am most looking forward to seeing is Hughie Fury in his comeback and also seeing Daniel Dubois. Hoping I might manage to bump into Tyson whilst I am there. It's my first Frank Warren event.

You'll need a livener to get through 12-round of Boring Bradley Skeete action. And, that won't be hard to find at one of Frank's shows!

Looking forward to Hughie's return though

You'll need a livener to get through 12-round of Boring Bradley Skeete action. And, that won't be hard to find at one of Frank's shows!

Looking forward to Hughie's return though

I'm looking forward to seeing Anthony Yarde he seems like he will be a future world champion.

Back