• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rangers and Scottish football

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Hello, Chaps. joined the forum to give a wee insight into Rob Kiernan as a Rangers supporter up here in Glasgow. Rob joined us in 2015 when we were in the lower leagues (well documented not going into it) and after finding his feet looked a fairly average CB that could cope reasonably well with Championship football against part-time teams. He did have a few howlers as I think playing in front of 50k fans nearly every week was a massive step up from anywhere he had been before, so he felt the pressure.
But that was all it was, pressure for playing for such a huge club. nobody booed him or was continually on his back. We were playing part-time teams of painters and decorators mind and yet you could see he couldn't cope.
He has now played for three managers (including an interim one) and has shown the same lack of positioning and ball judgement under them all. More so as we are now back in the Premier, he has really struggled against full-time pro's this season.
it's a shame it never worked out, what fan of a club wouldn't want it to.

so nothing about religion, sectarianism or anything else you guys appear to make up or think you know, but everything about his footballing ability which sadly was not good enough for the most successful team in the world and the biggest team in Scotland.

I hope he does well at your club as this might just be the right fit for him.

Hi Gersinscotland. That was all going very well until you mentioned the most successful team in the world, Lol. I have no axe to grind against Rangers. In fact the two teams I follow in Scotland are Rangers and Berwick. Berwick because of course being the only English team playing in the top Scottish leagues. Winning the Scottish best league loads of times doesn't equate to winning for example the English Premiership, or winning many European cups of any sort. There was a time as you well know when only Rangers and Celtic could win your best league. So it was just a two horse race. You surely can't be saying you're more successful in the world than Real Madrid for example?

Hi Gersinscotland. That was all going very well until you mentioned the most successful team in the world, Lol. I have no axe to grind against Rangers. In fact the two teams I follow in Scotland are Rangers and Berwick. Berwick because of course being the only English team playing in the top Scottish leagues. Winning the Scottish best league loads of times doesn't equate to winning for example the English Premiership, or winning many European cups of any sort. There was a time as you well know when only Rangers and Celtic could win your best league. So it was just a two horse race. You surely can't be saying you're more successful in the world than Real Madrid for example?

In terms of number of trophies Rangers are the most successful team in the World which they've no problem in telling people about.

They've 54 league titles to start with.

are you surprised????

Yes we are the most successful club in the world, it is well known up here in Scotland. Have a look here

http://quicktoptens.com/top-tens/sports/top-10-successful-european-football-clubs

or even
https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/10-european-clubs-most-league-titles-football-history/10

or here

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/football-clubs-with-the-most-league-titles-in-the-world.409096/

we have won more league titles than Arsenal, Liverpool and Man utd COMBINED

are you surprised????

Yes we are the most successful club in the world, it is well known up here in Scotland. Have a look here

http://quicktoptens.com/top-tens/sports/top-10-successful-european-football-clubs

or even
https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/10-european-clubs-most-league-titles-football-history/10

or here

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/football-clubs-with-the-most-league-titles-in-the-world.409096/

WTF, can you be any more deluded?

I won 4 league titles in Sunday football, that makes me better than most pro footballers by your logic.....

are you surprised????

or even

or here

That says more about the crap opposition you play every week than the quality of your team.

are you surprised????

or even

or here

:hilarious: This is like saying the Sun has been the most successful at winning the annual 'shiniest object in our solar system' award. There's bugger all competition so it's not much of an achievement!

I won 4 league titles in Sunday football, that makes me better than most pro footballers by your logic....

I can't remember saying anything about "better" I was talking about success, which if you understood the English language a bit better you would not have been so aggressive to someone that's trying to give you an insight into a recent acquisition

Hello, Chaps. joined the forum to give a wee insight into Rob Kiernan as a Rangers supporter up here in Glasgow. Rob joined us in 2015 when we were in the lower leagues (well documented not going into it) and after finding his feet looked a fairly average CB that could cope reasonably well with Championship football against part-time teams. He did have a few howlers as I think playing in front of 50k fans nearly every week was a massive step up from anywhere he had been before, so he felt the pressure.
But that was all it was, pressure for playing for such a huge club. nobody booed him or was continually on his back. We were playing part-time teams of painters and decorators mind and yet you could see he couldn't cope.
He has now played for three managers (including an interim one) and has shown the same lack of positioning and ball judgement under them all. More so as we are now back in the Premier, he has really struggled against full-time pro's this season.

To be fair, you're inaccurate in one part here. While the standard of the Scottish Championship isn't the best, only two teams were part time when we were last in it(Dumbarton and Alloa). Hibs, Falkirk, Raith Rovers, Greenock Morton, Queen of the South, St Mirren and Livingston are all professional teams.

I won 4 league titles in Sunday football, that makes me better than most pro footballers by your logic.....
He said successful not better. If you choose to define success by league champions then he is factually correct.

:hilarious: This is like saying the Sun has been the most successful at winning the annual 'shiniest object in our solar system' award. There's bugger all competition so it's not much of an achievement!
I se your point, We best stop sending singing " one team in Essex" at matches going forward:winking:

I se your point, We best stop sending singing " one team in Essex" at matches going forward:winking:

Maybe. The point is not to NOT say you're the best, it's about pitching the competition at the right level. In other words there has to actually be some genuine competition (and of course that last bit is where the Ewes and Os etc are clearly no competition :smile:)... If Rangers said best team in Glasgow or even Scotland, that would be fine. But when they try to claim World it's clearly bonkers. It's like Catalonia declaring independence, setting up its own football league and Barca trying to claim in a few years that their dominance of the Catalonia Premier League makes them the most successful team in the world.

Maybe. The point is not to NOT say you're the best, it's about pitching the competition at the right level. In other words there has to actually be some genuine competition (and of course that last bit is where the Ewes and Os etc are clearly no competition :smile:)... If Rangers said best team in Glasgow or even Scotland, that would be fine. But when they try to claim World it's clearly bonkers. It's like Catalonia declaring independence, setting up its own football league and Barca trying to claim in a few years that their dominance of the Catalonia Premier League makes them the most successful team in the world.

again, "most successful" is different from "best". No other club in the world has had the same "success" as Rangers have (117 trophies). The "best" then becomes relative.

anyway I apologise for opening up a different debate when I was just giving you a Rangers fans insight into big Rob Kiernan. We all wish him well despite his failings at my club.

Ok Gers fans.
Southend United are the most successful team in Essex.
Means about as much as Rangers being most successful in Scotland.
IF Rangers or cektic were actually half the draw they believe they are - the Prem would use its muscle and money to fudge rules and get them in.
But they have absolutely no need to do that.

Ok Gers fans.
IF Rangers or cektic were actually half the draw they believe they are - the Prem would use its muscle and money to fudge rules and get them in.

Ok Gers fans.

Congratulations! You're the most successful in the World at repeating yourself on this thread! :Worthy:

Still, success against mostly paltry opposition is easily achieved, i think we all know that your "success" can be disregarded purely because Scottish football is very, very poor. I wager that Rangers would struggle in league 1 at present. Shame it can't, and never will be, proven.

Ok Gers fans.

I would have thought Colchester Utd would be that?

Rangers and Selt!C would never be allowed to join the EPL because there are UEFA rules against it, no fudging allowed unless we physically move the border up to north of Glasgow?

Plus who would take the drop to let us in, it will never happen so you are being less thoughtful Kevin.

I would have thought Colchester Utd would be that?

Rangers and Selt!C would never be allowed to join the EPL because there are UEFA rules against it, no fudging allowed unless we physically move the border up to north of Glasgow?

Plus who would take the drop to let us in, it will never happen so you are being less thoughtful Kevin.

Sorry but you're just revealing your ignorance here about Essex football in particular and lower league English football in general.

Still, success against mostly paltry opposition is easily achieved, i think we all know that your "success" can be disregarded purely because Scottish football is very, very poor. I wager that Rangers would struggle in league 1 at present. Shame it can't, and never will be, proven.

Disregarded?, not by UEFA, SFA or the SPFL

ask Watford FC or Sheffield Wednesday how we would do? after all, they were on the end of a pre-season friendly defeat to Rangers

Back