• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rangers and Scottish football

I've never understood the hostility with Scotland but then I'm wet leftie who married one. Bannockburn was over 600 years ago...let it go!

I've never understood the hostility with Scotland but then I'm wet leftie who married one. Bannockburn was over 600 years ago...let it go!

I was at England v Scotland last season. Of course, I wanted to win, but the state some England fans got themselves in to was something to behold. Really nasty stuff.

I was at England v Scotland last season. Of course, I wanted to win, but the state some England fans got themselves in to was something to behold. Really nasty stuff.

To be fair when I saw Oasis at Loch Lomond back in 1996, the anti-English sentiment was pretty scary, so much so I kept my mouth shut after it ended as I walked back to the campsite where I was staying. Which was odd seeing as the bands that had just been on stage were all English.

Back on topic

The Rob Kiernan you saw in your last game there is the Rob Kiernan we sold. Nothing about being "rusty" and stuff, just Rob being Rob, slack passes and a mile off the pace.

Back on topic

The Rob Kiernan you saw in your last game there is the Rob Kiernan we sold. Nothing about being "rusty" and stuff, just Rob being Rob, slack passes and a mile off the pace.

No disrepect mate, but I trust our manager's judgement over yours. If Phil says he's the man, then who am I to argue?

No disrepect mate, but I trust our manager's judgement over yours. If Phil says he's the man, then who am I to argue?

Yup and so you should, but I've missed three Rangers games since 2015 that includes away matches too, I bet your manager hasn't seen Big Rob as much as I have though.

:stunned:

Yup and so you should, but I've missed three Rangers games since 2015 that includes away matches too, I bet your manager hasn't seen Big Rob as much as I have though.

:stunned:

Probably not, but that doesn't really mean anything. I know we were told during the referendum we shouldn't rely on experts, but I still prefer that to a layman. (And, no, that's not intended to be an insult. If you haven't done all your coaching badges you're no more qualified than me...and I know jack ****!)

Two things:

The company that run the club were "liquidated" not the football club. It has been well documented up here in the courts, UEFA and the SFA - so your opinion is all wrong :hilarious:

Secondly, why would anyone take you serious with that spelling and grammar?

The Football Club traded as The Rangers Football Club plc , they went into administration , sold their assets, business and history to another company and were then dissolved.

The New company Sevco , then used the assets (including the "brand ") to start a football team also called Rangers and later changed the name to The Rangers Football Club Ltd.

The issue in the courts was nothing to do with club being a phoenix club or the same one but primarily related to the use of dual contracts to get round the Employers benefit scheme, basically cheating the HMRC.

This is well documented at companies house and any reputable financial journal.

I trust that now I have access to a proper keyboard , my spelling and grammar is now acceptable .

Probably not, but that doesn't really mean anything. I know we were told during the referendum we shouldn't rely on experts, but I still prefer that to a layman. (And, no, that's not intended to be an insult. If you haven't done all your coaching badges you're no more qualified than me...and I know jack ****!)

Mark Warburton spent two seasons trying to coach into big Rob what 50k fans were screaming out for every second week, then our new Gaffer tried and failed, hence he was sold.

Mark Warburton spent two seasons trying to coach into big Rob what 50k fans were screaming out for every second week, then our new Gaffer tried and failed, hence he was sold.

So? Unless you're actually in the know then all that is supposition. Even if it were correct I would question the coaching if they tried to coach a player for more than two seasons without success. Some players respond better to different coaches. Kiernan and Brown have worked together before (I believe) and Kiernan has played for us before. When he did he was very effective. What have you done to such a promising player?

Anyway, time will tell if he's any good. At the moment we don't really have any choice as we only have one fit recognised central defender.

Back on topic

Not to mention some players play better for some managers/clubs than others. Our own legend Freddy Eastwood was called fat & lazy when he played for Wolves & Coventry, but in his initial spell with us he scored almost 1 every 2 games (53 in 115).

Maybe under Brown he'll get the motivation he needs?

I worked in Cumbernauld and Greenock back in the day and I was proud to be a FEB. I was never hostile but we felt the need to be tooled up if we thought about going into pubs in Greenock. Just the way it goes. Back on topic, Kiernan did indeed look rusty last night, rusty or his confidence is going to take a while to restore. I'm sure we'll be patient:winking:

Last edited:

We have (apart from Wembley 77) its the Sweaties who still have a chip on their shoulder. We have even lifted the ban on the wearing of Tartan.

By the way Culloden is the much nearer battle in 1746 which was an easier victory for the English than when Gerry Francis scored 2 goals in a 5-1 win at Wembley in 75.

We have (apart from Wembley 77) its the Sweaties who still have a chip on their shoulder. We have even lifted the ban on the wearing of Tartan.

By the way Culloden is the much nearer battle in 1746 which was an easier victory for the English than when Gerry Francis scored 2 goals in a 5-1 win at Wembley in 75.

Hmm, far from everyone as is evident from this thread and others.

The Football Club traded as The Rangers Football Club plc , they went into administration , sold their assets, business and history to another company and were then dissolved.

The New company Sevco , then used the assets (including the "brand ") to start a football team also called Rangers and later changed the name to The Rangers Football Club Ltd.

The issue in the courts was nothing to do with club being a phoenix club or the same one but primarily related to the use of dual contracts to get round the Employers benefit scheme, basically cheating the HMRC.

This is well documented at companies house and any reputable financial journal.

I trust that now I have access to a proper keyboard , my spelling and grammar is now acceptable .

:hilarious: that old myth

[FONT=&quot]In terms of the question about old club, new club, that was settled very much by the Lord Nimmo Smith commission that was put together by the SPL to look at EBT payments at that time. Nimmo Smith's conclusion was:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“The decision, very clearly from the commission, was that the club is the same, the club continues, albeit it is owned by a new company, but the club is the same. Clubs may be owned by a company, sometimes it’s a Private Limited Company, sometimes it’s a PLC, but ultimately, the company is a legal entity in its own right, which owns a member club that participates in the league"

[/FONT]

British Royal Army victorious at Culloden included Scottish & Irish units.
Many staunch Scottish nationalists that research family trees find out relatives were on the British side.

:hilarious: that old myth

[FONT="][SIZE=3]In terms of the question about [/SIZE][SIZE=3]old[/SIZE][SIZE=3] club, new club, that was settled very much by the Lord Nimmo Smith commission that was put together by the SPL to look at EBT payments at that time. Nimmo Smith's conclusion was:[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][FONT="]“The decision, very clearly from the commission, was that the club is the same, the club continues, albeit it is owned by a new company, but the club is the same. Clubs may be owned by a company, sometimes it’s a Private Limited Company, sometimes it’s a PLC, but ultimately, the company is a legal entity in its own right, which owns a member club that participates in the league"

[/FONT]

Wasn't that decision by Nimmo Smith made to allow for the penalty for the EBT payments to include stripping of the titles won during the period of corruption ? (which in the end they didn't do, as despite defrauding HMRC they were not felt to have gained an unfair competitive advantage)

As you feel I am mistaken in my post, could you tell me the what the club was registered at Companies house as (presumably as a wholly owned subsidiary of The Rangers Football Club PLC) as I could not actually find any which were not either Dissolved or formed since 2012 , which led to the conclusion that the Football club was Dissolved .
I am confused as to why there are references to "the assets, business and history" reported as being transferred when the football Club would have been the asset of the Owner (Oldco) , and the Business and History would have been an asset of the Football Club , perhaps it was just shoddy reporting.

Back