• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rangers and Scottish football

As RHB says above, being near London is a hinderance not a benefit. We have to compete with all the London clubs, and Southend historically is a migration destination for Londoners, so many who migrated here over the past 50 years did so and brought their teams allegiances with them. Hence so many support West Ham around here, plus Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea etc.

Even though we have such a small following we still get bigger crowds than all but 4 of the Scottish Premier Clubs and based on attendances would be the 5th biggest club in Scotland. .:raspberry:

Who is the odd one out of Rangers, Celtic, Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen then? :unsure:

I'd have thought we'd be vying with the Dundee clubs to be the 6th.

As RHB says above, being near London is a hinderance not a benefit. We have to compete with all the London clubs, and Southend historically is a migration destination for Londoners, so many who migrated here over the past 50 years did so and brought their teams allegiances with them. Hence so many support West Ham around here, plus Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea etc.

Even though we have such a small following we still get bigger crowds than all but 4 of the Scottish Premier Clubs and based on attendances would be the 5th biggest club in Scotland. .:raspberry:

Scotland's population could fit into London nearly twice my friend, we punch way above our weight, no worries there.

You (Southend) would be the equivalent to Dundee FC, a team that had better average attendances than you despite having a population of only 150k which is 30k less than Southend's population.

Dundee is a team who have won, one top league in 1962 and half a dozen cup trophies since 1909. But you knock yourself out with that comparison and big Rob aint gonna change any of that for you :hilarious:

Scotland's population could fit into London nearly twice my friend, we punch way above our weight, no worries there.

You (Southend) would be the equivalent to Dundee FC, a team that had better average attendances than you despite having a population of only 150k which is 30k less than Southend's population.

Dundee is a team who have won, one top league in 1962 and half a dozen cup trophies since 1909. But you knock yourself out with that comparison and big Rob aint gonna change any of that for you :hilarious:

You really do know how to make friends and influence people don't you?

That maybe so Gerkin,but what else is there to do in a ******** like Dundee on a Saturday afternoon?:raspberry:

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE
That maybe so Gerkin,but what else is there to do in a ******** like Dundee on a Saturday afternoon?:raspberry:[/QUOTE]

well, my little mangetout, you could go to a charity shop and buy another shoe to match the one you have? or travel to ibrox to watch the team you support

Being near London is an absolute killer for clubs like us. There are two train lines out of Southend into London both of which mean that you can be in central London is less than 90 minutes. West Ham is literally 50 minutes up one of the lines with the lure of the Olympic stadium as well. Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs just a short hop away. We have a core fan base of around 7k which is pretty good in the circumstances and a ground that is far older than you are when ever you were born.
We desperately need a new ground to start competing with the hordes of other clubs in close proximity from the Prem and Championship.

Ha! It's not older than me.Unfortunately.:cricko:

The current Rangers have only been in existance since 2012. The team before that, the successfull one, was liquidated. As for comparisons with England, given the going bust but, means that even winning each league they were in, Rangers would be playing us at best.
Scottish football has a small pyranid and allowed the new Rangers in at the bottom, imagine were they would have started in England..
They are the MK Dons of scotland , without the giving up the past trophies bit

According to this site they dont. Average 6,400 compared to our 7,400

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/avesco.htm

Nice story though.

Who is the odd one out of Rangers, Celtic, Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen then? :unsure:

I'd have thought we'd be vying with the Dundee clubs to be the 6th.

Yeah misssed one out, we would be 6th.

Can't wait until we can chop those sweaty ****ers off with a chain saw and push them out into the Atlantic!

Celtic, Rangers, Scot Football; all ahead of the times in making a League of two clubs and milking it to the detriment of the other sides.
They did it first; and RM and Barca followed in Spain, Juve and Milano in Italy, PSG and Monaco in France etc with the English Prem big chump clubs incapable of following the lead and letting "little" Leicester gate crash the cartel system.:unsure:

Bloody typical of the jocks, I register on their Rangers fans site so I could offer some alternative views on the Kiernan thread. I'm still waiting for approval and they've closed the thread.

The current Rangers have only been in existance since 2012. The team before that, the successfull one, was liquidated. As for comparisons with England, given the going bust but, means that even winning each league they were in, Rangers would be playing us at best.
Scottish football has a small pyranid and allowed the new Rangers in at the bottom, imagine were they would have started in England..
They are the MK Dons of scotland , without the giving up the past trophies bit

Two things:

The company that run the club were "liquidated" not the football club. It has been well documented up here in the courts, UEFA and the SFA - so your opinion is all wrong :hilarious:

Secondly, why would anyone take you serious with that spelling and grammar?

Back