• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Watched Champions forever last night, 1st watched it when I was in school but stumbled across it on youtube. Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Holmes and Norton all sat in room discussing their fights and a good summary of all their careers. What a great and fascinating time for the heavyweight division, when these guys stepped into the ring you really didn't know who was going to come out on top. The respect they all have for each other was great to see as well. A great watch for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Wlad announces his retirement ending any chance of a rematch with Joshua. So now this is the case Joshua's next fight will be against Kubat Pulev as his IBF mandatory. But no doubt another fight will appear and he will side step that and not lose his belt.

Probably for the best. I thought Wlad's biggest downfall against Joshua, was his inability to capitalise when Joshua was there for the taking. At the time, I believed his was because Wlad thought he would coast to a points win, and therfore didn't want to take a risk, going after the stoppage. Now I wonder, would Wlad have even been able to get the stoppage? The gas tank was running on fumes, and one last big attempt at stopping the fight, could/would have backfired massively for him. That mentality, is not only complacent, but dangerous.

So with that in mind, Looking at the proposed rematch, I fail to see how the outcome would have been different. And for that reason, it's good that he now calls it a day.

Not sure where this leaves Joshua. Pulev is such a regression. Personally I'd like to see AJ-Wilder before the end of this year, with the winner of Hughie/Parker assured for a Wembley Unification next summer.

Probably for the best. I thought Wlad's biggest downfall against Joshua, was his inability to capitalise when Joshua was there for the taking. At the time, I believed his was because Wlad thought he would coast to a points win, and therfore didn't want to take a risk, going after the stoppage. Now I wonder, would Wlad have even been able to get the stoppage? The gas tank was running on fumes, and one last big attempt at stopping the fight, could/would have backfired massively for him. That mentality, is not only complacent, but dangerous.

So with that in mind, Looking at the proposed rematch, I fail to see how the outcome would have been different. And for that reason, it's good that he now calls it a day.

Not sure where this leaves Joshua. Pulev is such a regression. Personally I'd like to see AJ-Wilder before the end of this year, with the winner of Hughie/Parker assured for a Wembley Unification next summer.

Can't see the AJ v Wilder fight happening this year. What with the IBF demanding AJ to fight Pulev if he doesn't fight Klitschko. And the WBC ordering Wilder to fight Stiverne as his mandatory! How Stiverne has managed to get himself that mandatory slot is baffling.

I think personally next year will be the coming together of all the belts. Hughie beats Parker they have a rematch in April time, around that time AJ fights Wilder and then a full unification happens in and around Aug-Oct. But we all know how the governing bodies like to come and **** things up and none of what I've suggested will happen.

Hearing rumours that Wilder vs Ortiz could happen as the next fight with Stiverne happy to step aside.

And the WBA have decided to through a spanner in the works by making Ortiz AJ's mandatory. Can see him possibly losing one of his belts. The sanctioning bodies really don't like unified champs obviously doesn't bring them in enough dosh!

They have now ordered AJ to fight Ortiz and have 30 days to come to an agreement. I can see AJ dropping the WBA belt.

They have now ordered AJ to fight Ortiz and have 30 days to come to an agreement. I can see AJ dropping the WBA belt.

Although Ortiz hasn't looked good in his last couple of outings, he's a far more dangerous opponent than Pulev, (well, That's if he actually fancies throwing some punches whilst in the ring) so it's the fight I'd much rather see.

Pulev is such a non-event, and Joshua will starch him in 3-4 rounds.

Amir Khan has had a meltdown ���� If this is all legit, then this story could get incredibly entertaining

Great response by AJ

In regards to the two possible opponents for AJ, I agree GBJ Ortiz is the more exciting fight the question is which belt is he more bothered about keeping. If he chooses to take the Ortiz fight he loses the belt that made him World Champ. If he chooses to fight Pulev he loses the belt he gained from his biggest and toughest fight. He's stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I looked up Khan's wife on twitter an account came up with 130k followers but no blue tick. But it was also banging on about cheating etc. If it's a hack it's one hell of a hack, if it's his life falling apart by the sounds of things it's his own doing, also sounds like he's lost the plot!

Pacquiao to have a rematch with Horn in Australia in November. Rumours are that they will have it in an indoor arena because of the heat.

Pacquiao to have a rematch with Horn in Australia in November. Rumours are that they will have it in an indoor arena because of the heat.

Pac should have iced Bob Arum years ago. The greedy old prick only see's ££££££££

Crolla vs Burns just announced for October. Good fight this, think it will be a career ended for the loser though. Would be hard to come back after losing to the other.

Good fight. I would reluctantly agree that it's the end of the road for one for them. If Crolla can't beat a past-his-best Burns, then there's very little hope of getting back to World Level, although I don't neccessarily think he's bow out, considering he's still young enough.

Burns on the other hand, is almost certainly finished if he loses.

Good fight. I would reluctantly agree that it's the end of the road for one for them. If Crolla can't beat a past-his-best Burns, then there's very little hope of getting back to World Level, although I don't neccessarily think he's bow out, considering he's still young enough.

Burns on the other hand, is almost certainly finished if he loses.

If Burns wins Crolla has no chance of getting the Flanagan fight.

If Burns wins Crolla has no chance of getting the Flanagan fight.

Not anytime soon, at least. I'd be surprised if Crolla retired though.

Hearn says another big fight has been signed & sealed, and will be announced today. His idea of "big" fights don't usually resonate with my idea of big fights, but I eagerly await his announcement. I would assume it's relevant to Joshua, but could alternatively be Bellew

Back