• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Assuming Ron can find the dosh, do you want him here or not?

• Yeah, were desparate

Votes: 68 41.0%
  • Nope, were not that desperate

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • I'm still thinking about it

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • Bart

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Yep, he looks like he could bring something to the team that we're missing

Votes: 55 33.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wordsworth playing along side wright, would it work, i dont see why not. Get Knightly fit, with RL in midfield, if we cant produce chances with that lot we will never do it.

I can see him taking up an Atkinson role on one of the wings as an offensive minded player who will look to get forward but will often drift centrally and provide a bit of cover if needed.

I can see him taking up an Atkinson role on one of the wings as an offensive minded player who will look to get forward but will often drift centrally and provide a bit of cover if needed.
From what I've seen of him he looks very good playing a centre midfield role - I think him and Lenny would make a great centre mid partnership. It's difficult though, we would probably have to switch formation to 4-2-3-1 to make that happen, or to drop one of our forwards and push Wordsworth further forward in a sort of floating number 10 role.

From what I've seen of him he looks very good playing a centre midfield role - I think him and Lenny would make a great centre mid partnership. It's difficult though, we would probably have to switch formation to 4-2-3-1 to make that happen, or to drop one of our forwards and push Wordsworth further forward in a sort of floating number 10 role.
Jack Payne style? Think he played there a very limited number of times early last season before Ranger was fit, could be the way to go if Wright impresses.

Good signing and well done board and management for getting it over the line. Also, looking at Josh Wright's comments, also on selling the club to him so well. The fans must take a little part in the credit too, if you look at his comments there too. So a rare moment of backslapping for us all, then to the business in hand. Get our season back on track.

He is a central midfielder, and that's where he must play, not become a member of the "we signed him, so we'll play him out of position to fit him in" as has happened in the past. If that means a change of formation, then so be it, if that's what it takes to get us firing on all cylinders and living up to our collective pre season hopes and aspirations.

He left Gillingham, having been promised the captaincy for the season and then having it taken away from him days later with Pennock, causing the rift between player and club, for the first time. I see that as a Gillingham problem , not a Josh Wright trend, so no probs there, just a case of don't promise what you can't or won't deliver.

Welcome Josh and looking forward to you having a long and successful career with the Mighty Blues

UTB

An great addition ... not sure why so much of the debate. Is he a good player , with good pedigree at this level, I think so. Surely adding players like this our squad can only improve the whole round team, look how well Jason D has performed since he now he has Elvis pushing him ..

Woody was a like a new signing coming back.

Adding players like Wright , to Wordy, Lenny, Kightly and Macca will only surely increase competition and improve the performance of those chosen to start !

Sorry i find that comment unfair, Timlin has been the backbone of our side, for many a year. Ok maybe he is not quite the the player he once was, but to dismiss him like that i feel is unwarranted.

I've always liked Timlin and he has been a good servant to be club, but I'm sorry, he is no longer good enough, especially if we have ambitions to be a top League One team

You don't need Timlin and Leonard in the same team, both do a similar job. We need more variety in our midfield.

Chris Phillips has just tweeted that a deal has been struck subject to a medical.

Another Gillingham reject.. lucky we didn't sign Nelson.

Nelson scored the goal that got us promoted to the Championship....

Mark Wright played for us in the youth team, a long time ago.

Think he played for Spurs youth team and we signed as a first year pro.

Josh on club website now after signing for the blues. He is saying how happy he is and how he wants to do well for the clubs fantastic fans...I like him already lol...

He is a really outstanding badge-kisser. Best not to kid yourselves that it means anything.

He is a really outstanding badge-kisser. Best not to kid yourselves that it means anything.

So, do you think he will be a useful signing for us?

Later...........cancel that opinion request JS. I've just found it in the Matt Harold thread. Silly me for not working that one out earlier.

Back