• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 Ashes

Good start this morning, done what we need to with the ball but surely still very unlikely. If somehow we done it would be greatest chase of all time for England

Last edited:
Great stat from (I think) Jonathan Liew this morning. England have been set a target of 350+ 15 times in the last decade. Never got to within 100 runs of it.

Next hour. Crucial. If we do not lose any more wickets and go into tomorrow with 3 down and 180-200 to get, I feel we have a chance....Smith has burned all of his reviews, it seems like we're getting a little rub of the green.

In any event, England have done so well to get themselves into this position.... Just a shame they didn't start playing until deep into the Test and as a result have had to put in an enormous effort just to get close to the Aussies.

Drop a wicket or two now, more importantly if Joe Root departs.... Then I think defeat is inevitable.

At least it's got exciting. Listening live for the first time this series.

Listening on the train in this morning, I only caught the tail end of Boycott tearing Vince a new one. Hopefully that'll be available on catch up later :smile:

ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Once again, I started to believe, and England duly destroy my belief..... Just had to get through 3-4 more overs and they blew it like they always do!!!!

My money's on a brave but ultimately futile 310 all out.

I think that is a likely scenario but stranger things have happened and we still have a chance going into the last day. For the series to stay interesting I really hope we do, if not Australia will be 3-0 up after the WACA and the series will be over, no chance of winning there!

I think that is a likely scenario but stranger things have happened and we still have a chance going into the last day. For the series to stay interesting I really hope we do, if not Australia will be 3-0 up after the WACA and the series will be over, no chance of winning there!

I'm afraid they haven't, a total this large has never been chased down batting last at Adelaide.

I'm afraid they haven't, a total this large has never been chased down batting last at Adelaide.

Records are there to be broken!

Latest odds suggest that we'd win one time out of four in this situation.

Australia 2/7 (77%)
Draw 100/1 (less than 1%)
England 11/4 (26%)

Back