• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yeah the Div 4 games were all scheduled for 3pm on Saturday and therefore can't be shown live in the UK. They made that decision from the start of the season then not to show a Div 4 live on the last day.

Looks like it doesn't it.

Maybe they've given up bothering with Division 4 after giving it a go last year.

Obviously, it's not something they often do, otherwise our game at Morecambe would have been on the TV in 2015.

Right, I think I have all the last day permutations, so here we go :-

League One

At the top, Wigan will win the title if they draw at Doncaster, but if they lose then Blackburn will take it if they beat Oxford at home.

In the play-offs, Charlton need a point at Rochdale. If they lose then Plymouth would qualify with a win at Gillingham, but it needs a six goal turnaround from both matches, so realistically even a defeat for Charlton will be OK.

At the bottom, Rochdale have to get a better result than Oldham or they are down.

Championship

All to play for here. A win for Cardiff at home to Reading and they are up. A draw and Fulham would need to win at Birmingham. A defeat for Cardiff and Fulham would only need a draw.

Play-off wise, Derby only need a draw at home to Barnsley, but if they lose, then Preston can leapfrog them with a win at home to Burton.

The foot of the table is a complete mess.

At the bottom, Bolton are down if they lose or draw at home to Nottingham Forest. If they win, they will be safe if Burton and Barnsley both fail to win at Preston and Derby. If Burton win they are safe if Barnsley don't. If Barnsley win they are safe regardless.

If Burton and Barnsley win, then Reading or Birmingham could go down if either of them lose. Reading are safe if they draw. Birmingham might not be, though.

Whatever happens, I don't think Reading and Birmingham can both go down.

Amazingly, four matches in this division have something riding on them for both sides!

League Two

A point for Lincoln and Coventry and they will make the play-offs. Lincoln are at home to Yeovil and Coventry at home to Morecambe. If either lose and Mansfield beat Crawley at home, then they will replace the losers. If Coventry and Lincoln both lose and Mansfield win, it will depend on the losing margin as to who misses out of those two.

At the bottom, Barnet have to beat Chesterfield at home and even then, would go down if Morecambe draw, unless they win 7-0.

National League

Ebbsfleet play at Tranmere for the right to make the final of the play-offs and Sutton host the winners of tonight's match between Boreham Wood and AFC Fylde.

Live Matches

Tonight - Boreham Wood v. AFC Fylde (BT Sport)
Saturday - Tranmere v. Ebbsfleet (BT Sport)
Saturday - Rochdale v. Charlton (SKY Sports)
Sunday - Sutton v. Boreham Wood/AFC Fylde (BT Sport)
Sunday - Cardiff v. Reading (SKY Sports)

Feel free if any of this is wrong, but I hope it isn't.

Last edited:
Just as an aside, if four teams went down from The Championship, as they should do in my view, then someone would stay up with as few as possibly 43 points, which makes a mockery of the 50 points minimum we often talk about in League One.

Just a quick update. Boreham Wood won 2-1 last night :-

Live Matches

Saturday - Tranmere v. Ebbsfleet (BT Sport)
Saturday - Rochdale v. Charlton (SKY Sports)
Sunday - Sutton v. Boreham Wood (BT Sport)
Sunday - Cardiff v. Reading (SKY Sports)

As mentioned on Goal Rush, next Saturday Coventry v. Morecambe. Coventry need a point for the play-offs to be guaranteed and Morecambe need a point to stay up.

What price a draw! :winking:

..... * nods *

If Rotterham win play offs will it be first time that the 3 relegated teams have all gone straight back up? What does that say about the gap between Chumps and Div1?

If Rotterham win play offs will it be first time that the 3 relegated teams have all gone straight back up? What does that say about the gap between Chumps and Div1?

Loads of money.......

plus Bolton last year and Millwall, Wigan again the year before with Barnsley and possibly Charlton this year. It's very hard for any one else to break into the promoted group other than recently relegated clubs.

Barnsley and Burton join Sunderland in being relegated from the Championship.

Glad Burton have come down because they’re a horrible club and one we can compete with, Bolton less so.

Sunderland coming down means the title race will probably be the same boring stuff we’ve seen this year with Wigan/Blackburn.

Barnsley and Burton join Sunderland in being relegated from the Championship.

Glad Burton have come down because they’re a horrible club and one we can compete with, Bolton less so.

Sunderland coming down means the title race will probably be the same boring stuff we’ve seen this year with Wigan/Blackburn.

Both of whom received a severe seeing to at Roots Hall.

Yes, dislike Burton intently so delighted they've come back down. Barnsley we've had a few run ins with over the years, definitely beatable though.

Yes, dislike Burton intently so delighted they've come back down. Barnsley we've had a few run ins with over the years, definitely beatable though.

Last time Barnsley were in FL1 (2015/16) we won 2-1 at home and 2-0 away, they also got promoted to the Championship. I see they have sacked their managerfollowing relegation.

Yep, I shall be cheering on the Shrews, mainly because I think they deserve it over the course of the season, but also because I want Charllton to remain in Division One next season as it's a good away day and the league is to northern already.

Scunthorpe home to Rotherham on Saturday and then away the following Wednesday. My first thought was that I want Scunthorpe to lose so that we have a better chance of getting Sam Mantom from them. Then I wondered that if Scunny were promoted thay would ship Sam out because they would bring in new players and he has been injury prone. At this point I have stopped considering options, it's just too hard. Risking a tongue lashing from OBL, I'd quite like Charlton to miss out as the Valley is such a good away day for us and near enough for me and her to go.

A late equaliser keeps Scunthorpe all square after the 1st leg. Scunthorpe 2 - 2 Rotherham.

In League 2, Cowleys hopes of promotion are still alive after a goalless draw with Exeter.

No sign of Sam Mantom in the Scunthorpe starting eleven nor was he on the bench. Maybe the knock he got against Rovers is still niggling. That would be a bit ironic given he came to us to get fit.

Back