• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No sign of Sam Mantom in the Scunthorpe starting eleven nor was he on the bench. Maybe the knock he got against Rovers is still niggling. That would be a bit ironic given he came to us to get fit.
He was hopeful of making the bench. But the nasty cut he picked up from the poor challenge last week has not healed.

I see that the clown that is Gavin Ward makes a name for himself and gives Coventry a diabolical penalty v Notts County.
l Hope County stuff them in the 2nd leg and eventually get promoted, need to tick their ground off :smile:

So we keep Charlton for next season. Although we hardly ever win there at least it's a good local day out.

Cheating bar stewards Shrewsbury. Never forget Danny Macklin telling me how their Chairman entertains visiting clubs' hierarchy, with contempt and serving cheap food and wine on rubbish crockery while he and his guest have only the finest!

No sign of Sam Mantom in the Scunthorpe starting eleven nor was he on the bench. Maybe the knock he got against Rovers is still niggling. That would be a bit ironic given he came to us to get fit.

He's not allowed to play because of the transfer window restrictions.

Barnsley and Burton join Sunderland in being relegated from the Championship.

Glad Burton have come down because they’re a horrible club and one we can compete with, Bolton less so.

Sunderland coming down means the title race will probably be the same boring stuff we’ve seen this year with Wigan/Blackburn.

Yes, dislike Burton intently so delighted they've come back down. Barnsley we've had a few run ins with over the years, definitely beatable though.

I'm also delighted Burton came down. That's such a good away day.

"Barnsley and Burton join Sunderland in being relegated from the Championship."

I've not been to any of those, a good excuse to add to my tally!

"Barnsley and Burton join Sunderland in being relegated from the Championship."

I've not been to any of those, a good excuse to add to my tally!

I've been to all 3 ......... but never to Wycombe (just can't seem to get up any enthusiasm). Sunderland away last time was more than a little tricky and it is a big and rather typical feature less construction, Burton is a poor "stadium" but Barnsley's has a little more soul and is, for me, the best of the three to visit.

Of the possible new grounds for me, coming up only Exeter (possibly) will be a want to visit. With Sunderland and Barnsley also on my "to do" list.
Fingers crossed the fixtures are kind.

Of the possible new grounds for me, coming up only Exeter (possibly) will be a want to visit. With Sunderland and Barnsley also on my "to do" list.

Ah, Exeter, the ground where you can get a pizza delivered through the fence in the away end - genius! :smile:

The stadium of light is on my list and Accrington. Would prefer Notts County from the play-offs as I haven't been for years. Certainly not Lincoln for personal 1980 reasons. Would settle for a weekend down in Devon as I have found a lovely place to stay about 10 miles from Exeter.

I've been to all 3 ......... but never to Wycombe (just can't seem to get up any enthusiasm). Sunderland away last time was more than a little tricky and it is a big and rather typical feature less construction, Burton is a poor "stadium" but Barnsley's has a little more soul and is, for me, the best of the three to visit.

Bit unfair on the Stadium of Light there I think. It's still pretty cool being able to see Southend play in an international quality stadium.

Not managed to do Burton yet so I'm hopeful of being able to make that. Wycombe and Luton are both quite close to me so will be aiming for those, likewise Cov if they come up.

Bit unfair on the Stadium of Light there I think. It's still pretty cool being able to see Southend play in an international quality stadium.

Not managed to do Burton yet so I'm hopeful of being able to make that. Wycombe and Luton are both quite close to me so will be aiming for those, likewise Cov if they come up.

Perhaps - it's just not my cup of tea.

Likewise, I will be trying to tick Coventry off if they come up.

Are you saying Roots Hall isn’t international quality?

The stadium of light is on my list and Accrington. Would prefer Notts County from the play-offs as I haven't been for years. Certainly not Lincoln for personal 1980 reasons. Would settle for a weekend down in Devon as I have found a lovely place to stay about 10 miles from Exeter.
Notts County for me as well as Accrington to actually see a game played. Bloody long way for the game to be called off and not been back since the days of Sturrock. I too remember Lincoln away in 1980 when we lost to our rivals 1-2, but the season finished in our favour as Champions!

Have watched some of the play offs and not once has an idiot ruined the second half by banging on about not running on the pitch, just saying

Back