• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Running Thread

Got into London Marathon at last via Charity place

Young Lives v Cancer, special to me as well ,so get summer holiday over and training will begin
If anyone local to Basildon is running it and fancy company during the winter months, a few of us will be training with a plan like Brighton marathon so feel free to join us, all friendly and welcome everyone, we are not fast in the 5 hr pace but feel free to run on and loop back, we even have a West, West, West I cannot finish the football team, so feel free to take the mickey out of him :ROFL:

Maybe it’s time for someone to set up a ShrimperZone Club on strava?

Worse case scenario, 3pm on Saturdays could be our weekly meet. If you don’t laugh, you’ll cry.

@Dave Smiths Love Child I’m not training for anything in particular at the moment, no races booked at all, but I could be tempted to venture across to Basildon to do some bits.

Maybe it’s time for someone to set up a ShrimperZone Club on strava?

Worse case scenario, 3pm on Saturdays could be our weekly meet. If you don’t laugh, you’ll cry.

@Dave Smiths Love Child I’m not training for anything in particular at the moment, no races booked at all, but I could be tempted to venture across to Basildon to do some bits.
Like the idea of Shrimpers Strava but I’m awlful at IT so some one would need to do it
Next big race is Royal Parks in Oct half marathon and maybe Chelmsford half week before, you be more than welcome mate to join us after summer holidays , whereabouts are you could come to you be change of scenery

Like the idea of Shrimpers Strava but I’m awlful at IT so some one would need to do it
Next big race is Royal Parks in Oct half marathon and maybe Chelmsford half week before, you be more than welcome mate to join us after summer holidays , whereabouts are you could come to you be change of scenery

That sounds good to me.

I’m over in Heybridge, local parkrun is the Maldon prom one.

Done ! It’s now live in Strava called Shrimperzone Running if you search for it 👍🏼

We did mention about a Parkrun meet up at some stage, it would be good to arrange this soon

Last edited:
Done ! It’s now live in Strava called Shrimperzone Running if you search for it 👍🏼

We did mention about a Parkrun meet up at some stage, it would be good to arrange this soon

Thanks for doing that but just searched for it on Strava and it did not show although that could be me ?

Thanks for sorting that, I managed to find it, I had to type ShrimperZone. Lower case didn’t work, but I’ve found it and joined.

A parkrun meet up would be a brilliant idea 👌

First buggy run yesterday in exactly 4 months yesterday with my 3 and a half year old.

I always said that when he says he doesn’t want to go in, I won’t take him. I ask him everyday, and yesterday he said yes again. Helped that my 5km route ended at the park, and an ice cream van turned up too.

Genuinely thought I’d finished buggy running until number 2 turns 6 months in February.

Has anyone done Bushy parkrun, the home of parkrun?

My next birthday falls on a Saturday, and said to my wife I’d like to do Bushy Parkrun for my birthday, so a nice cheap present from her.

Anyone know of any hotels close by, with parking?

I’m actually doing it on 16th September with the run club but we are getting a coach there

Let us know how it is, one I really want to do. Not actually done much parkrun tourism, but I’ve a friend who plans holidays around parkrun.

Forgot to say, I now live in panfield, little village outside Braintree.
On Friday around 3.00 I saw a guy running in Shalford (village 5 mins from me) in a Southend lane got blue shirt from a couple of seasons ago.

Anyone on here?

Has anyone done Bushy parkrun, the home of parkrun?

My next birthday falls on a Saturday, and said to my wife I’d like to do Bushy Parkrun for my birthday, so a nice cheap present from her.

Anyone know of any hotels close by, with parking?
I did it for my 249th parkrun a few years ago (wanted to do my home run as my 250th!), great event and well organised. Huge numbers. Think we parked in the park itself. Stayed with friends who live nearby so can’t comment on hotels I’m afraid.

Back