• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Running Thread

Let us know how it is, one I really want to do. Not actually done much parkrun tourism, but I’ve a friend who plans holidays around parkrun.
We plan ours around parkrun tourism too! Did 4 parkruns in 4 different countries (Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway) in 8 days this summer around the extra National Day parkruns in Denmark and Sweden. Great fun!

I'm slowly coming back from a recurring Achilles injury that kept me sidelined for 2 months. No sign it was returning at all, but towards the end of a 10k run back in April I felt some pain in that area and later that day could hardly walk. Tried to run through the pain, just doing a mile or 2 every 2-3 days but stopped that after a few weeks as it wasn't helping. After a solid 2 months rest and daily stretching I'm now back to running 5k every 2-3 days and while not pain free, it's undoubtedly improving and it's actually less painful on days where I've run. It's **** getting old!!

I'd love to get back into running, used to run loads but I've been struggling through a prolapsed disc or three in my back for the past 5+ years and it's almost impossible now. Plus I've made it worse by piling on the weight but I used to run 5/6 miles 3 or 4 times a week.

Must admit, since having James, I’m struggling for any consistency. My wife had a c-section, and it’s too much to ask of her to look after him and our eldest whilst I go off running at the moment.

I’ve managed to get Jack back into the buggy for some buggy runs, which I love, however we’ve only been doing 5kms.

Luckily we have an activity club at the pre-school, so that has helped me get out. Then next week the pre-school is back open again so I have more chance in the week. Also, we have treadmills at work, but taking two weeks paternity, then two weeks holiday, and doing shift work, I’m not actually back till middle of September.

Has anyone signed up for the Chelmsford Half Marathon on the 15th October, same day as the Chelmsford Marathon?

Just signed up with my nephew. Time to get myself fit again.

Has anyone signed up for the Chelmsford Half Marathon on the 15th October, same day as the Chelmsford Marathon?

Too much for me this year, hopefully next year. I have just signed up for the Adnams/Southwold 10k in November so I've got something to work towards. AFAIK it's the only race where the goody bag includes a bottle of beer! They used to hand out plastic cups of beer on the final lap, alas they've stopped that now.

I'm thinking about it, running the Royal Parks half week before ?

Took a nasty tumble Tuesday over the Trails and on stony pathway, so feeling sorry for my self, at my age taking a bit longer to recover, could have been worse though just bloody/bruised knees and elbow and my ego :Smile:

Off to Malaga next week so sun shine should aid the recovery and get me out early morning

Too much for me this year, hopefully next year. I have just signed up for the Adnams/Southwold 10k in November so I've got something to work towards. AFAIK it's the only race where the goody bag includes a bottle of beer! They used to hand out plastic cups of beer on the final lap, alas they've stopped that now.
OOH I like Southwold will give that a look, what day is it ?

Just seen date 5/11/23 damn running Billericay 10 k same day

OOH I like Southwold will give that a look, what day is it ?

Just seen date 5/11/23 damn running Billericay 10 k same day
You should do Southwold next year. A heads-up though - it's a small field and always sells out in a few minutes so you have to be quick. It's a lovely race though - 2 laps from the harbour following the coast along Ferry Road and round past the water tower, and then an uphill stretch at the end so you finish outside the Red Lion.

Did the Southend half ok but mileage has dropped off lately so am doing the Vitality 10k next month and as long as that goes well may well try to enter as long as spaces still available.

You should do Southwold next year. A heads-up though - it's a small field and always sells out in a few minutes so you have to be quick. It's a lovely race though - 2 laps from the harbour following the coast along Ferry Road and round past the water tower, and then an uphill stretch at the end so you finish outside the Red Lion.
Love the smell of the brewery as you walk past it, will defo keep in my run race diary for next year and look at date
Only doing Billericay as local and last year was a monsoon run, was more like a Triathlon as we waded through the water that reached calf height for some by the old ford, a race you will never forget in a hurry

Looking out for Benfleet 15, always an experience to run lol

Just putting this out there as a potential idea but….

Today, I’ve spoke to Rylee about potential fundraising for the match for mind against Solihull Moors on the 21st October, and I asked about the possibility of doing a half marathon around the perimeter of the Roots Hall pitch, potentially the morning of the Solihull Moors game.

Would anyone else be up for it? I have asked if I would be able to do this, and Rylee seemed keen, then I’ve asked about the possibility of a few of us, but haven’t heard back.

Nothing is set in stone. But just to gauge potential numbers.

Today, I’ve spoke to Rylee about potential fundraising for the match for mind against Solihull Moors on the 21st October, and I asked about the possibility of doing a half marathon around the perimeter of the Roots Hall pitch, potentially the morning of the Solihull Moors game.

Would anyone else be up for it? I have asked if I would be able to do this, and Rylee seemed keen, then I’ve asked about the possibility of a few of us, but haven’t heard back.

Blimey what’s that about 105 laps ? That would be a mental marathon !! 😂

Blimey what’s that about 105 laps ? That would be a mental marathon !! 😂

Something like that 🙈

Just the half marathon. I’ve done a half marathon around Maldon prom, which was 9 or so laps. Done a half marathon round some aircraft stands, and on the runway at Southend airport. The stands was about 40/50 odd laps.

If not running I’ll be up for it, maybe able to get a couple of friends to join as well

This would take place on Saturday 21st October, the morning of the Solihull Moors match. Either 10am or 11am. Anybody else fancy it?

Wouldn’t be looking at breaking any records, and we’d all do it together.

Back