• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gateshead kicked out of playoffs

In defence of the Leagues (for once), the rule is clear, as are the reasons for it. Under a regulator, these "sustainability" questions willl be examined far more rigorously in future, so we had better get used to it.

I do feel sorry for the fans, and would not fancy being a local councillor who has to defend Council policy in this regard.

I can't believe they let them have a license for the league if they have no chance of getting promotion from it. There is zero point in taking part.

Got to feel sorry for the whole club. Glad Aldershot didn't get it by default.
I’m glad Alder**** don’t get in by default but if we had been in their position I would be saying it’s our spot thank you.

This is an EFL ruling - not the NL - I’m sure that there are a number of clubs in the NL which have grounds that are not fit for the EFL - anyone with a plastic pitch for starters
May aswell split the NL in two then. One league for those to compete in that can go up, a regular league for those going nowhere. Really is a joke of a league ....

So nothing to to with the ground not bring suitable. Just they had a short lease and not ten years like the requirements. By that methodology they should have kicked out all of the EFLclubs from the league that have had disputes with landlords and played elsewhere. Coventry rings a bell

Why are Aldershot not being given the place then? Seems logical that all teams just move up one place if Gateshead drop out.
They haven't got a ten year lease and it would then result in us being in the playoffs.

NB I know nothing but I would put it past the National League.

Back