• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So, 47 games later and it comes down this. 90 or perhaps 120 mins between us and a visit to the greatest stadium in the world. Not to watch the national team. But to watch little old Southend Utd strut their stuff on the hallowed turf.

This game is not life or death. It is much more important than that (to coin a rehashed phrase from Mr Shankly)

Well it is, isn't it?...

How many opportunities do you get to see your little local side run out at Wembley? These are the moments we as fans of a lower league side live for. They are the moments that make those 10 hour return journeys to footballing hotbeds such as Accrington seem worthwhile. Moments like these are not appreciated by fans of Man Ure, Chelsea, Citeh etc. They are expected by followers of those sides. Where as we can only dream of a once in a lifetime visit to the home of world football.

So ask yourself, when you take your seat at Roots Hall this evening. Is this opportunity likely to happen again anytime soon?...The answer of course should be a resounding no. This opportunity just doesn't happen to clubs like ours. As such, we should all treat this game this evening as a once in a lifetime opportunity. It may never come along again. I am sure the players will also approach it in this way and give every last possible drop of adrenalin to book us a dream trip to Wembley.

But, they will need our help. Of that there is no doubt. WE CAN provide that extra man advantage for them. WE CAN help them give that extra 10 or 20%. WE CAN suck the ball in that net. WE CAN pick them up if the chips are down. WE CAN make them stronger than their opponent. WE CAN help them get the win. WE CAN make a difference and WE CAN get to Wembley.

Will YOU be making that extra special effort this evening?

No excuses, loud & proud for the whole game. Do it for the boys on the pitch, do it for you and do it for the dear friends that are no longer with us, who would of loved to of been at The Hall this evening.

Cheer every pass, roar at every tackle and make the opposition players feel unwelcome at every possible opportunity...

Do your duty and WE WILL get to the promised land...

PRIDE, PASSION, BELIEF.

Come on Southend.

:loyalsupporter:

:'(

Gutted I can't be there, I will be listening on the radio and singing along. Sing up for the players, sing up & let the world know exactly who we are.

Couldn't agree more Smiffy. I've supported this club coming up to 50 years and have never had a chance to see my team run out at Wembley, ok 3 trips to Cardiff were by way of compensation when the new Wembley Stadium was under consruction and no disrespect to Cardiff (I loved the 3 days out there) but no other stadium (Roots Hall apart :unsure::smile:) compares.

We've snatched the play offs from the jaws of automatic promotion and now it's up to the players and the supporters to ensure one last game this season at our National Stadium.

50 years!! In that time I've had some fantastic memories, so come on Southend give me one more tonight and a further great memory if I can see you run out at Wembley and win promotion in 11 days time.

Come on Southend.

:happy: :loyalsupporter:

25 mins left at work and then time to make the pilgrimage from West London to the Home Of Football. Come on Southend. You can do it tonight. Sturrock will probably be snapped up by Liverpool in the morning if we fail so tonight we must confirm our trip to Wembley!

Back