• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Anyone looking forward to this year's tour?

Loads of British riders in it this year, but British interest will centre around Wiggins in the GC and Cavendish in the sprint stages/green jersey battle. The likes of David Millar and Geraint Thomas could pick off a stage victory and both are on course for a top 5 finish in the prologue, although Tony Martin continues Germany's good day by leading and Cancellara has yet to go.

As for overall predictions, I reckon it's Contador's to lose, with Andy Schleck leading the chasing pack. Wiggins would have had his work cut out to make the podium anyway and he could ill afford his gamble to go early today to backfire when it rained. It would be good to see him finish above Radioshack though.

My outside bet for the podium, Roman Kreuizinger, is underway in the prologue.

Don't think Cav will get the green either, there aren't as many sprint finishes and Hushovd has been in way better form, Farrar as well. He should still pick up some some stage wins though.

As expected, Cancellera wins on his engine-powered bike.

Tomorrow should be a stage for Cav and HTC.

Carnage!

At least 3 crashes in the final run-in, including Cav, leaving it open for Petacchi.

The second crash was huge and must have claimed close to a 100 riders.

Anyone looking forward to this year's tour?

Very much so! Me and a couple of mates are going to be there for stage eight (ends at Morzine-Avoriaz) and the start of stage nine (from Morzine again).

I'm liking Farrar for the green jersey. Cav's lead-out isn't as strong this year although I am sure he'll still pick up a few stages.

What happened to Wiggo on Saturday? How come he fared so poorly in the Prologue?

What happened to Wiggo on Saturday? How come he fared so poorly in the Prologue?

Gambled (& lost) on the weather. He had a very wet ride and so couldn't go full pelt around the corners in the 2nd half of the course. However, rumours are he's nowhere near the level of last year and will struggle.

Gambled (& lost) on the weather. He had a very wet ride and so couldn't go full pelt around the corners in the 2nd half of the course. However, rumours are he's nowhere near the level of last year and will struggle.

Hmm, that's a shame. Should be a very interesting stage today out on those cobbles, looking forward to it!

Hmm, that's a shame. Should be a very interesting stage today out on those cobbles, looking forward to it!

Alberto will not be a happy bunny this week. I just hope Astana can get him through without any incident, as guaranteed RadioShack (& maybe Sky) will be trying everything to cause trouble today.

The Roubaix "homage" stage is tomorrow though isn't it?

Alberto will not be a happy bunny this week. I just hope Astana can get him through without any incident, as guaranteed RadioShack (& maybe Sky) will be trying everything to cause trouble today.

The Roubaix "homage" stage is tomorrow though isn't it?

Sorry, you're right. It seems that today's one is more of the Liege-Bastogne-Liege route

Tuesday's stage profile

Monday's stage profile

Bonker scenes yesterday and not much to the liking of Thor Hushovd.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/hushovd-furious-as-points-neutralised-in-spa

I must say I have to agree with him

And Robbie Hunter took this view about the stage being held on those slippy Belgian roads:

"I say it again, no Grand Tour has any business in these northern countries and **** anybody who says different. See how much you guys like hitting the deck at 60kph."

I expect Thor's a bit happier today.

I'm not. I missed all the action. Anyone recommend any good sites to catch the highlights?

Is Cadel Evans now a genuine contender? Wiggins made up some important time as well.

Did Menchov really manage to stay up right?

Mark Gazzandish anybody?
WTF was that all about?
Although I'd maybe shed a tear if I was confronted by Jill Douglas' cleavage...;)

Mark Gazzandish anybody?
WTF was that all about?
Although I'd maybe shed a tear if I was confronted by Jill Douglas' cleavage...;)

:useless:

Well done Cav. Got to love the passion he races with, well maybe not yesterday when he apparently sat up and lost out on valuable points.

Fair play to Ale-Jet for two wins so far, but it's Cav they all fear.

Last edited:
well maybe not yesterday when he apparently say up and lost out on valuable points.

He did sit up.
Looked like he was blaming his bike (Shimano D12's jammed is what I thought) but Renshaw said they misjudged the 1% gradient of the last kilometre and after the Arenberg stage just couldn't last until the line.

Last edited:
He did sit up.
Looked like he was blaming his bike (Shimano D12's jammed is what I thought) but Renshaw said they misjudged the 1% gradient of the last kilometre and after the Arenberg stage just couldn't last until the line.

Sounds like he needs Fab's bike with his electronic gears (and motor).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back