• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2014 season

That was an incredible game.

Im getting to the stage when I enjoy watching NFL more than soccer to be honest. Then I have seen hundreds of soccer games and less than 50 NFL games so its still relatively fresh.

I was thinking that as well to be honest.

The only think it lacks is having real passion for a team. I chose the packers the year they won the Superbowl, not as a bandwagon jumper, but I just happened to start watching that season and chose their games to watch, didnt have a clue who they were. I did find myself a little disappointed when that winning touchdown went in last night, but its obviously nothing compared to watching say Morecambe get a late winner against us.

We already have season tickets for the games but just managed to get 2 in the family section so Ill take my daughter to the Jets@Miami game.

The fact its an earlier kick off helps.

I was thinking that as well to be honest.

(Kind of) thirded! NFL has been much more of a 'must watch' thing for me than any football this season.

I'll be booking tickets for the Miami/NYJ game later in the week, possibly for KC/Detroit too. Not remotely fussed about the other game.

The only think it lacks is having real passion for a team. I chose the packers the year they won the Superbowl, not as a bandwagon jumper, but I just happened to start watching that season and chose their games to watch, didnt have a clue who they were. I did find myself a little disappointed when that winning touchdown went in last night, but its obviously nothing compared to watching say Morecambe get a late winner against us.

We already have season tickets for the games but just managed to get 2 in the family section so Ill take my daughter to the Jets@Miami game.

The fact its an earlier kick off helps.

Do what you can to get to watch an NFL team play at home. Then you will probably get the passion. The home crowds are absolutely fanatical, something you wont experience at Wembley.

If you can spare 3 minutes have a look at this and see if its whets your appetite- volume up high:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HV_o9G8HxA

The Packers vs Seahawks match the other day was one of the most ridiculous comebacks I've ever seen in sport. They were dead. I wish I'd got into this sport years ago.

Do what you can to get to watch an NFL team play at home. Then you will probably get the passion. The home crowds are absolutely fanatical, something you wont experience at Wembley.

If you can spare 3 minutes have a look at this and see if its whets your appetite- volume up high:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HV_o9G8HxA

I would love to do that and if I get back to NYC again Ill definitely try to do so during the season.

What I really need though is to get some passion myself. Went to the london games and enjoyed them but as a passionate SUFC supporter its hard to go watch any other game or sport as a neutral as I know just how much better sport is when you have that passion.

That said watching the packers I did actually start getting some emotions from seeing them get beaten so hopefully that will build a bit.

Last edited:
Blimey. Individual game tickets for Jets/Dolphins sold out already!

Wow, I was lucky then , managed to get two for the family secction.

I initially had two come up so then decided to get three and it said none available so was obviously selling well and had to revert back to the two.

They did say more tickets would be released at later dates though?

Wow, I was lucky then , managed to get two for the family secction.

I initially had two come up so then decided to get three and it said none available so was obviously selling well and had to revert back to the two.

They did say more tickets would be released at later dates though?

Yeah, it depends on how many each team sends back - they have to make loads available for the respective teams' US fans, but many won't get snapped up. Think I'll buy KC/Detroit this week (Go Chiefs!) and then see what happens with the re-sale.

I don't want to subscribe to the whole 'footballer are pansies' thing but I see Mathieu Debuchy is out for three months with a dislocated shoulder, Charlie Austin has been out three times for three months a time with dislocated shoulders and yet Earl Thomas dislocated his shoulder in the Championship game on Sunday and he's going to play in the Superbowl next week.

I know they wear pads but there was one hit on Sunday I think it was where the receiver caught the ball and then got hit full from behind a second later which would have killed most soccer players.:smile:

I know they wear pads but there was one hit on Sunday I think it was where the receiver caught the ball and then got hit full from behind a second later which would have killed most soccer players.:smile:

[video=youtube;bW3NYAs1kME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW3NYAs1kME[/video]

I'd like to see Jack Wilshere take a hit from Kam Chancellor. Like being hit by a truck.

(also, people who make youtube sports montage videos have terrible taste in music).

Really looking forward to this one. Who's staying up for it?

Heart says New England, head says Seattle and wallet says Seattle after Paddy Power for some reason offered me 15/8 on a Seahawks win.

Heart says New England, head says Seattle and wallet says Seattle after Paddy Power for some reason offered me 15/8 on a Seahawks win.

brady-getting-taunted-after-another-loss.jpg

Heart says Seattle, head says New England. Hope the Seahawks win because I've jumped onto the glory-hunting bandwagon!

Yep I'm staying up for it. The missus and little'un are over at the inlaws for a few days so gonna make the most of a quiet house and being able to get a lie in tomorrow (morning already booked off work!)

brady-getting-taunted-after-another-loss.jpg

Heart says Seattle, head says New England. Hope the Seahawks win because I've jumped onto the glory-hunting bandwagon!

Yep I'm staying up for it. The missus and little'un are over at the inlaws for a few days so gonna make the most of a quiet house and being able to get a lie in tomorrow (morning already booked off work!)

Well played there.,dickead here has a two hour meeting at 0900 tomorrow!

A Pats win moves Brady on to a new level historically; I would just love to see that. I admire Seattle, but they are pretty unlikeable - coach Pete Carroll is a proper bell end

Me. Taking a day off tomorrow, so planning to watch Top gear, grab an hours kip then watch the game.

Hoping for a New England win

Thought about taking the day off but work is too busy at moment so thats annoying.

Just watching some pre-game shows, its even more padded out than the old FA Cup days. Just watched a segment on superbowl recipies. Hmmn.

Been reading a few NFL based books to get a better understanding. Funny how growing up with our football you dont get a good idea of NFL and how its based. America's Game by Michael MacCambridge is a great read. Reading how the francises moved around is obviously alien to us and how the league was set up with equal revenue sharing and the way the draft work to give all teams a better chance of staying in the race as long as possible was really eye opening. Complete contrast to here where the league can only ever really be won by the top 4 teams.

Last edited:
Back