• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Indeed ......... why would a player (or the player's agent) put a video together of a player missing chances, poor passes, fouling unnecessarily or generally being out of their depth .......... best to see what the player can do "in the flesh".

And how many times have we seen players able to play at U21 level and then come unstuck on the pitch against hardened professionals? Truly competitive league football is another kettle of fish.

I wonder who else Rosie is having trials with as well ............. poor lad will be doing the rounds of clubs hoping to be able to catch the eye of a manager. That can't be much fun trying to play well with that a load of worry on your shoulders. :'( Or perhaps he will be too young for it to bother him at the moment.

QPR did NOT release him- he rejected their contract offer. He is confident he has other options- so don't feel to sorry for him

QPR did NOT release him- he rejected their contract offer. He is confident he has other options- so don't feel to sorry for him.

Even if Rosie has elected to move on I do feel for him (see below) and so many other youngsters who join bigger clubs with dreams of going on to play at a high level ..............only to find that they are part of a revolving door policy where young talent is stockpiled and then discarded pronto pronto.

On another thread it was suggested that Chelsea have over 80 players on their books. That seems to be quite a few to me when you can only put 11 on the pitch at a time. :'(

Hash tag: AndImakenoapologyforthat

Stephen Arthurworrey on trial as well according to CP.

On loan at Yeovil last year and the year before. Played 45 games in League One.

Would be a free transfer.

Stephen Arthurworrey on trial as well according to CP.

On loan at Yeovil last year and the year before. Played 45 games in League One.

Would be a free transfer.

Free, I guess that's all we can expect??

Who was the last player we actually paid a fee for? Mclaughlin, or was it Bolger? Don't think we have paid money for any other player in the past couple of seasons... Does PB actually have a budget or is it free players only this season. All this talk of tribunal money for Bentley and Payne, plus profit on Iorfa sell on you would surely anticipate RM speculating some cash for new signings? Or no :-(

Who was the last player we actually paid a fee for? Mclaughlin, or was it Bolger? Don't think we have paid money for any other player in the past couple of seasons... Does PB actually have a budget or is it free players only this season. All this talk of tribunal money for Bentley and Payne, plus profit on Iorfa sell on you would surely anticipate RM speculating some cash for new signings? Or no :-(

To be fair though, with the amount of players released by clubs at the end of the season, a club of our size doesn't need to pay transfer fees.

You can get some top quality free transfers.

Very few transfers in the bottom two divisions are for fees, football has changed.

Any player of worth who commands a fee will instantly be out of our price range anyway.

Seems like we will have new keeper in tomorrow.
I reckon we are still a CB, winger, two forwards and a frank moooooooooooosa away from being sorted

Not 100% in agreement ...... but we are getting there. I can't wait for all the "the world is going to end" posters to be sending messages saying they may have over-reacted a little bit ................... :facepalm::moon:

Very few transfers in the bottom two divisions are for fees, football has changed.

Any player of worth who commands a fee will instantly be out of our price range anyway.

Much truth in that, but do you think if we got over £2m for Bentley, Payne and Iorfa we could splash out 50k which is close to the lower league buying rate, especially for Conference lads?

To be fair though, with the amount of players released by clubs at the end of the season, a club of our size doesn't need to pay transfer fees.

You can get some top quality free transfers.

Good points and have to agree

the day we signed Mike Marsh for half a million or whatever it was seems like an eon ago...

Virtually no teams in the bottom two divisions pay fees. With the number of players available on frees why pay 200k for someone in contract? that extra 200k spent on wages could have a huge impact on who could be signed.

I'm guessing :unsure: trialist Rosenthal is an insurance policy in case Moooooooooooooooooooooooooose declines our "generous offer"

No I suspect we can accommodate both- maybe one less winger. With bringing in Demetriou I also wonder if we may see 352 a few times next year. Also moussa can play LM or RM although he prefers CM. Rosenthal is a 10 also so 4411. younger than Payne but already played at a higher level.

Much truth in that, but do you think if we got over £2m for Bentley, Payne and Iorfa we could splash out 50k which is close to the lower league buying rate, especially for Conference lads?

Generally anyone worth a fee capable of playing in this league is going to be worth more than 50k and you will likely get someone the same standard on a free.

Not to mention the fact that £2m (if it is indeed that much) will go straight into keeping the club running for another few months. We are on the breadline and cannot spare money for transfers.

I think £2m would keep us running for a couple of seasons rather than a few months, hope we arent losing quite that much :smile:

I think £2m would keep us running for a couple of seasons rather than a few months, hope we arent losing quite that much :smile:

Think I read somewhere that our annual wage budget is £2million, so yes a massive sum for a club our size.

Quite a bit needs to be invested in Roots Hall in my opinion, the place is falling down. Obviously no big projects but a lot of maintaining.

Back