• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hopper I think is a good signing- as long as its not one step forward and three back by then losing Cox..
Cox/Hopper/Robinson then leaves us needing to sign another striker- if that were Lyle Taylor or similar then great big step forward for the season, if it were an average striker (a fourth striker rather than a regular starter then I am not so sure..).
In SCP we trust.

Has anyone heard any more of Kyle Vassell since we were linked to him?

I think other than a snippet in the Linconshire paper (based on Lincoln's observation they were unlikely to get Hopper as we were the from runner) the silence has been deafening- even any rumours on twitter have dried to a desert..

There was the rumour on here about a midfielder who was about to sign..but this was always due to happen the day after the day you asked but still nothing.

Lets hope SCP is world class at conducting his transfer dealings in private and we get some sudden and relatively pleasant surprises.

I still think we are following exactly the same pattern in terms of timings as we did under PB- maybe the players will be younger, different in a positive way, but it is for us definitely groundhog day.

At least the pitch is looking great

Hopper I think is a good signing- as long as its not one step forward and three back by then losing Cox..
Cox/Hopper/Robinson then leaves us needing to sign another striker- if that were Lyle Taylor or similar then great big step forward for the season, if it were an average striker (a fourth striker rather than a regular starter then I am not so sure..).
In SCP we trust.

I would be happy with Wabo as the 4th striker

I would be happy with Wabo as the 4th striker

I like Wabo and I think he will make it- but he couldn't get a starting place at Ebsfleet. This is the reality.
If we are serious about promotion we need to sign another forward ( and a decent one).

I think other than a snippet in the Linconshire paper (based on Lincoln's observation they were unlikely to get Hopper as we were the from runner) the silence has been deafening- even any rumours on twitter have dried to a desert..

There was the rumour on here about a midfielder who was about to sign..but this was always due to happen the day after the day you asked but still nothing.

Lets hope SCP is world class at conducting his transfer dealings in private and we get some sudden and relatively pleasant surprises.

I still think we are following exactly the same pattern in terms of timings as we did under PB- maybe the players will be younger, different in a positive way, but it is for us definitely groundhog day.

At least the pitch is looking great

It was more whether he was signing elsewhere, like Sonny Bradley.

with the hopper signing we now have 4 forwards, (if cox signs which I expect him to), all of whom seem to be players that thrive on the ball on the ground and into feet which may hint at how we will play next season which should at least be proper football I just hope the pitch allows it

With Hopper and Ted signed up, it would be great to see Cox sign on now and to hear that Anton has got another club (for his benefit as much as ours). We would then still need at least one CM and CB in my opinion, as a minimum (although I do still want Lyle Taylor to sign as I think he’d be ideal for us!).

Back