• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Local top scorers

Michael Cheek Daggers 13 goals
Morgan Ferrier Boreham 15
Ryan Bird Dover 16
Josh Rees Bromley 16
Danny Kedwell Ebbsfleet 18
Bruno Andrade Boreham 20
Mac Cauley Bonne Leyton O 22

Blimey, when you said Boreham I thought you meant Boreham near Chelmsford! :stunned:

Why didn't Col Ewe retain him then?

I'd prefer Sammie Szmodics, but I guess he's not for sale.

With the last game just 5 days away and security obtained I think personally a few weeks back, Sir Chris will no doubt be prioritising who he wants to stay and pressing to secure deals as well as ?pointing up his list of new wants. I wonder how the new system works and has been working with the completely overhauled recruitment team?
Sir Chris said he wanted business done early. We learned last year that some Managers see it as a very busy period and wont head to Spain until they have completed most of their business by late May, whereas others prefer the waiting game through to late Summer. Either way will be fascinating to see what we do, especially with so many contracts up and what approach our Manager takes ( allied of course to budgetary constraints )

There is a Q&A with Chris Powell and Ron Martin tomorrow evening. I doubt they'll be able to give specifics about the plans for the squad next season but I will ask if I get the chance.

With the last game just 5 days away and security obtained I think personally a few weeks back, Sir Chris will no doubt be prioritising who he wants to stay and pressing to secure deals as well as ?pointing up his list of new wants. I wonder how the new system works and has been working with the completely overhauled recruitment team?
Sir Chris said he wanted business done early. We learned last year that some Managers see it as a very busy period and wont head to Spain until they have completed most of their business by late May, whereas others prefer the waiting game through to late Summer. Either way will be fascinating to see what we do, especially with so many contracts up and what approach our Manager takes ( allied of course to budgetary constraints )

Yes, Justin Edingburgh and Lee Clark had signed loads of players nice and early....How did they get on?

It was Port Vale the previous summer, just like Bury last summer, they signed 15 players before we had one. If other clubs can do it why don't we?

Indeed.

Surely one of the last things you would want to do is sign someone who says yes to the first club that comes along after being released by another club, in general.

Contrary to a few people, I actually think our transfer business, overall, has been pretty good. Sure, there's a few let downs, but most have been good additions to our squad.

There’s not a lot wrong with what you got now good coaching brings the best and our forwards not doing bad now 9 goals 0 against

Indeed. We sign players who are capable (allowing for injuries that is!). Isn't it the job of the management team to get the best out of them? Sometimes there seems to be an approach of "tried that player, nope, let them go, let's get another one in" rather than "tried that player, worked with them, got them to improve and stuck with them".

I can't be the only one that who thinks a high level of player churn is indicative of an unhealthy club, can I?

There is a Q&A with Chris Powell and Ron Martin tomorrow evening. I doubt they'll be able to give specifics about the plans for the squad next season but I will ask if I get the chance.

Where is the Q&A being held?

Be great if someone could take the minutes

Back