• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I hope Chicken is up to continuing duties tomorrow night - we will need him!

He's first on the team sheet as ever, Spaceman. Looking good for tonight, thus far. He's out of the box and on the thick towel on the coffee table. It's a bold decision of Mrs Nox to change his lucky position but she's the Manager of Fort Nox and let's hope she knows what she's doing. :nope:

I love the fact that you love your puddy so much. I had to put down my beautiful 18 yr old boy at the end of November and still love and miss him. I held him until he left me and I had to make that decision which I know was the right one. I have a new rescue cat who hid behind the bed for three weeks but although now very loving, he will never replace my lovely little boy.
Just know that Chick knows that you love him... xx

Thanks, Shirley - I think he knows I do. When he was in a bad way last Thursday morning - just after Mrs Nox shouted up to me at 5 a.m., "I think Chicken's dying!" - he gave me a silent mouth opening gesture in greeting as I arrived downstairs to see him on the floor with Mrs Nox beside him. I stroked him as he lay there, then he started purring. He let out a little wee and then slowly got up and jumped onto the sofa via the pouffe. He just curled up and rested whilst Mrs Nox stayed with him there when I went to work. When I came home at mid-day, she said she thought he was going just before I arrived but he seemed to perk up soon after that and was then sitting up. That's when I thought he had enough in the tank to survive a trip to the vet's and hey presto, he's now defying all the advice.

I am not surprised that you still miss your lovely boy. They become so much part of our lives and our memories. I still think of a couple of rascals who came with me to Cornwall 25 years ago who were a big part of my life. xx

Yay go chicken!

Having lost 6 cats and 3 dogs in the last 20 years I know how you feel.

Lets hope he can carry on for a long time yet.

Thanks, ETTB. Wow, you're some dedicated pet man! :thumbsup:

Signs are looking good. I'm hoping against hope that, like The Blues, he's turned a corner ...

... and then it's gone in!

I lost my much loved and faithful cat aged 21 last year. That final trip to the vet still haunts me, but I picked up two kittens from the PDSA within a week and life has taken on a new dimension! They aren't replacements for Suki but they are real fun to have around and they are certainly both Shrimpers fans. So, chin up Rob, life goes on, the memories are great but the best is yet to come for us, our cats and the mighty Southend United under SCP!

Lovely stuff, Barling - yes, I'm with you on that.

And I know what you mean about that "final trip to the vet" - I had one of those to make in 2006 (the day after we drew at West Brom) and yes, they stay with you.

Aw, Andrew - how sad but so sweet too. Love the image of Shrimper giving it large at the promotion celebrations. I'm sorry that you had to say goodbye to him after all that time.

Chicken is doing amazingly well, actually. I'm beginning to hope against hope that he'll be with us for a little while yet.

Slightly worrying development here at Fort Nox though. Mrs Nox has barred him from independent use of the sofa as, to use her words, "I don't want to smell of p!ss after I've sat on it", and Chick now has a new (towel-lined) box on the coffee table instead. Slightly concerned as to the effect it might have against a resurgent Bury tomorrow night if Chick maintains his amazing bouncebackability factor.

Here are the changes in formation to the Chick suite.

1. The Mrs.' formidable twin towers at the back:-

View attachment 5120

2. The new box to box Chick:-

View attachment 5121

When your missus says no she means it. Just got some strange looks sitting outside a job tittering away at that first photo.

Hi Rob, So glad that Chick is still defying all the odds just like our team :happy:
Hope he is all ok for tonight's match and settles into his new Chick box x

Hi Rob, So glad that Chick is still defying all the odds just like our team :happy:
Hope he is all ok for tonight's match and settles into his new Chick box x

Thanks, Roxy - he's doing great. Just going to join him in the lounge and see if that will help.

I may be clutching at links here but it seems that Chick's resurgence has some parallels with Anton's. Cast your mind back to last season when Chick's little run coincided with an Anton equaliser vs. Walsall as per the first post in this thread. 68th minute goal from Anton in that game. And now, Anton's back in the team and playing well after a difficult season. Chick's back in business too. I'll be keeping a close eye on this one now.

We need three more wins to ensure that we reach safety - come on Chicken, hang on in there and lead us securely through.

He's done us proud Rob, keep him in fettle for Saturday.

Will do, irenbird. I had discussions with the Manager here at Fort Nox last night, i.e. Mrs. Noxious, and she thinks that it could be timely to take him to the vet's again to see whether he might benefit from more anti-biotics to manage the gingivitis. Serious doubts about whether he can survive an op. to remove his last fang.

Hi Rob, hope little Chicken is feeling a bit better and getting himself nice and comfortable for this afternoon's match x

Hi Rob, hope little Chicken is feeling a bit better and getting himself nice and comfortable for this afternoon's match x

Hi Roxy - he's doing great ta! Mrs Nox took him to the vets yesterday to see about plans for treating/removing his remaining, rotten teeth which led to the gingivitis. This morning, he's been out enjoying the sunshine on the low roof out the back and he's now ensconced in his inco-pad, towel-lined box ready to do battle against the invaders from Pompey. :happy:

Back