• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tbh mate your the exact type that I don't want to know. If you were that bothered you would have moved or said something instead of making your match report about a single swearing individual.

I mentioned and actually hoped others on this forum would be responsible enough to also condemn the behaviour in the hope it might filter through to the individual and others and get them to be more considerate.

Back to the subject, Accrington were poor from the start, looked like they would be happy with a draw from the off. Their keeper, who had a good game, was taking an eternity with his kicks until after we scored. They defended in numbers and offered very little going forward. We as per normal we're unable to break them down enough to create much. Given time though I think this crop of players could gel into a promotion team.
Clifford MOM.

Back to the subject, Accrington were poor from the start, looked like they would be happy with a draw from the off. Their keeper, who had a good game, was taking an eternity with his kicks until after we scored. They defended in numbers and offered very little going forward. We as per normal we're unable to break them down enough to create much. Given time though I think this crop of players could gel into a promotion team.
Clifford MOM.

Yes their keeper was decent took the banter well too

So you want others to do something? How brave

You really are some kind of idiot. I wanted the forum to be used for a good and constructive purpose in this matter. I dont need to be brave or otherwise. You who supposedly does so much to support this club should be backing my view instead of arguing to keep the morons in our game. Family club? Not with this kind of reasoning.

You really are some kind of idiot. I wanted the forum to be used for a good and constructive purpose in this matter. I dont need to be brave or otherwise. You who supposedly does so much to support this club should be backing my view instead of arguing to keep the morons in our game. Family club? Not with this kind of reasoning.

I have been constructive I advised you what to do! Did you? No. Actions speak louder all you had to do is take one of the actions I said.

And I do back your view somebody should not be swearing constantly AGAIN READ UP

Very glad Clifford has gone straight in and taken his chance, like I've said before, think this could be a big season for him with Timlin's injury

Against Accrington we had more possession, had more shots on and off target (they had no shots on target) and gave away fewer fouls. We missed a penalty. We were missing a key midfielder, but his replacement put in a MOM performance. 2 players who played had only joined the club a few days before yesterday's game and wouldn't have had much of a chance to get familiar with the players/systems. We have real pace, a squad that hasn't been so strong for years and players that give the manager a range of options.

Got a really good feeling about this season.

This could be our year!

Constant use of the F and C word does show a lack of respect to other fans. I wouldn't want to ask someone using these words to stop as I'd likely get thumped. These people have no respect for others and they do shatter the illusion of Southend being a family friendly club. We all swear in frustration from time to time but a constant tirade is no fun for those around the offending character.

As for moving, why the hell should anyone have to move? They have all paid to go, put the effort in to get there and deserve to watch the game with a bit of respect from others around them. I've not had this scenario as yet but I am sure it will arrive at some stage. My son is 11 and I would expect those around to show some respect as much as I'd show respect for them.

I have seen on occasions those that go to away game to see how drunk they can get and it does spoil the atmosphere.

From what was said it was a very poorly taken spot kick .And watching it on the football league show this morning the keeper didnt have much to save . Also it was stated that corr seemed to be the weak link yesterday . But thats only hear say was not there so would be unfair to judge him .

I do swear sometime, out of cursing after missed chances for us & soft fouls etc when our players didn't touch anyone, I have to keep myself back when our supporter have kids next to me.

Seen it many times when a fan internally combusts and their only outlet is a vile stream of foul language.

Normally they are drunk yet it is a bad look.

Was Corrs penalty poor, or was it a good save from the keeper?

A bit of both I would have said. The keeper guessed the direction correctly (credit to him) and then the penalty kick wasn't belted in either. Reminds me of the penalty Corr had saved at the end of last season.

Back