• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Isn't Ben Coker really Benjamin Coker? What happened to his middle names? (As in Oakey Cokey)
As for Mr Corr, shouldn't his full name be Mr Big Bad Barry Corr?

Listen, I had no intention of getting bashed by Cricko, so there. All taken from Wicki pages, so Ben and Barry are their only names it seems. They do have a bit of an Ice Cream ring to them don't they?

Assume you can just buy a ticket on the gate, if I make a last minute decision to go? Also, how long on train from Southend roughly?

Assume you can just buy a ticket on the gate, if I make a last minute decision to go? Also, how long on train from Southend roughly?

As per the other thread, yes you can get tickets on the gate. Assuming we sell a few more before they go off sale at Southend tomorrow, then there should still be a good 300 available on the night.

Not sure on train journey as never done it by train, but I would imagine just over 2 hours allowing for changes?

Yeeeelllllloooowws Yeeeelllllloooowws :clap:

...or is our away kit white and gold, or even blue and black ! :unsure:

No idea what's gonna happen. That's been the story under brown....One week dominant display...next a frustrating loss...With some difficult games coming I believe a win is almost a must...come on southend

Typical. I live 1 mile from the ground and once again it is played when im miles away. Boxing day last year I was in Southend for Christmas so had to drive all the way back. Now this year, a Tuesday night where I have to come from work in Central London. Can it ever just be a Saturday where I can sleep in until 1.00 and then simply walk there?!?!

I Think I would start with Barrett tonight because his more physical than the other 2, although they were both solid Saturday but Akinfenwa if playing is the size of a house. I think Barrett is probably my proffered choice to try and match Akinfenwa physically and barretts experience could help keep him quiet as Akinfenwa always tears us a new one.

Logic says we should stick with Thompson and Prosser , and I expect we will , although I do see the potential merits of putting Barrett up against Akinfenwa tonight.
Whoever plays need to protect Ted Smith as much as possible from corners as I'm sure Akinfenwa will announce his presence at some stage.
Not sure who their keeper will be , but what we can be sure of is that he will be 'first team rusty'.

I Think I would start with Barrett tonight because his more physical than the other 2, although they were both solid Saturday but Akinfenwa if playing is the size of a house. I think Barrett is probably my proffered choice to try and match Akinfenwa physically and barretts experience could help keep him quiet as Akinfenwa always tears us a new one.

Barrett against a player the size of a HOUSE. Yep, I see your point.

Interestingly, goals aside, our away record is the same as Wimbledon's home record. Both teams have:

Won 8
Drawn 3
Lost 5

(More worryingly, Wycombe's away form is better than their home!)

Back